Chandra part two?

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Chandra part two?

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

I wonder what happened to Chandra part two? To be honest this wasn't my favorite album of TDs later output but thought we may have seen the second part by now....been as Edgar & co have embarked on different projects, sonic Poems etc.....anyone have any opinions or views on this album and 'the missing sequel?'
[/quote]
bigmoog

Re: Chandra part two?

Post by bigmoog »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:I wonder what happened to Chandra part two? To be honest this wasn't my favorite album of TDs later output but thought we may have seen the second part by now....been as Edgar & co have embarked on different projects, sonic Poems etc.....anyone have any opinions or views on this album and 'the missing sequel?'
[/quote]

first half or so i rilly like. experimental and slightly metaphor-ish.

as for part two.....i would splice the recent boosters into one. :twisted: :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I love the album. And as you, NAVEL OF LIGHT, I wonder what happened to part two.
Maybe the administrator knows something? :-)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

it grew on me a lot that album, didnt really like it at first but now really like it.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Insvims wrote:I love the album. And as you, NAVEL OF LIGHT, I wonder what happened to part two.
Maybe the administrator knows something? :-)
Realistically, any of the recent studio releases could have been titled Chandra part 2, had Edgar so wished..... :twisted:

That's the beauty of instrumental music I guess....
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chandra was a slow burner with me. I didn't like it much on it's release but like it a lot now. It is in some ways different from the other TD release at the time and since. I would love to see Pt. 2 released as long as it had similarities to the first part.
Erik

Post by Erik »

sparrow wrote:Chandra was a slow burner with me. I didn't like it much on it's release but like it a lot now. It is in some ways different from the other TD release at the time and since.
probably cause it's basically a solo album
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I wouldn't mind hearing Chandra 2. I'm like most people here in that I didn't get it at first but it slowly grew on me. Like it a lot now.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

My mate loved Chandra but didn't like any of the Atomic Seasons or the Sonic Poems...couldn't understand that at all...he is probably one of the fussiest people I know and is very hard to please. He also hated Logos. :roll: :oops: :arrow:
Erik

Post by Erik »

he's not listening hard enough
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Erik wrote:he's not listening hard enough
Maybe..he always analyses music which can be very annoying... :lol:
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I like Chandra, except the third track that bores me and I do wonder what happened to what Edgar had planned for the volume II, as well, I must say. Maybe some tracks are still to be composed, maybe some are waiting to be released, maybe some have been already released, being adapted to the recent albums. Who knows with Edgar ? It's instrumental music after all.... Plus I sometimes don't see the connection between the music and the inspiration, the titles given to some of the sonic poems parts, for instance... But what matters is that I do like a lot what TD releases lately. :)
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Well, Chandra was somehow different than the other releases in the last years. I don't think that tracks intended for Chandra II were used for other recent releases.

But I must agree that TD's output in 2011 was some of their best music ever. :wink:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Really waiting for part two of this great record.
multivit72

Re: Chandra part two?

Post by multivit72 »

good news:
CHANDRA - The Phantom Ferry - Part II

has just been announced for release by Mid march 2014!