Wahn

TheXFactor
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Wahn

Post by TheXFactor »

On just about every CD I have where it appears (the Relativity version of ATEM being the exception), 'Wahn' always fades out before the track is completed. Usually there's a fade out during the final part with the sustained chords instead of fading out afterwards which is how it appears on the original LP (the Castle/Sequel CD version has an especially horrible edit at the end). Anyway, could someone who has the Esoteric CD version of ATEM tell me if it's correct there.

For all the issues the company had, it's strange to think that Relativity gave us the best CD version of some of the back catalog titles.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Can't remember what the vinyl version sounded like. All I can tell you is that it's 4 mins and 31 seconds long, which is about the same length as all of the other CD versions I have. Sorry I can't be any more help.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

Chris Monk wrote:Can't remember what the vinyl version sounded like. All I can tell you is that it's 4 mins and 31 seconds long, which is about the same length as all of the other CD versions I have. Sorry I can't be any more help.
Most of them all do have the same running time. Best way I can describe the problem is that Wahn comes to an end- it doesn't fade out at all. If you listen to the track on the Relativity version of ATEM, and then go to the Castle/Sequel version, you'll hear what I'm talking about. Ditto for all those 90's compilations it appeared on.

SOMEONE here has to know what I'm talking about. I know this track gets ripped on a lot because of the primal screaming at the beginning, but as a whole I think it ends the album perfectly.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

TheXFactor wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:Can't remember what the vinyl version sounded like. All I can tell you is that it's 4 mins and 31 seconds long, which is about the same length as all of the other CD versions I have. Sorry I can't be any more help.
Most of them all do have the same running time. Best way I can describe the problem is that Wahn comes to an end- it doesn't fade out at all. If you listen to the track on the Relativity version of ATEM, and then go to the Castle/Sequel version, you'll hear what I'm talking about. Ditto for all those 90's compilations it appeared on.

SOMEONE here has to know what I'm talking about. I know this track gets ripped on a lot because of the primal screaming at the beginning, but as a whole I think it ends the album perfectly.
I have not studied the differences of the early versions, but I must say I much prefer the Book of Dreams version to the original. Guess it's a re-recording, and it sounds great.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Insvims wrote:
TheXFactor wrote:

I have not studied the differences of the early versions, but I must say I much prefer the Book of Dreams version to the original. Guess it's a re-recording, and it sounds great.
completely agreed, love that reworked version on book of dreams/dream roots - as all the other new version of pink years stuff on these collections
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

wahn is one of my favourite TD tracks...on vinyl, the original...i couldnt care less about reworks etc.

wahn....its a mighty cro-magnon plug-in to the ultima thule era of experimental commune rock that was amonduulian in its amazing 'freakoutishness'

td were producing a magickal weave of amazing music...1970-1973.....and then 1974...75....we had something else 8) equally incredible :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

multivit72 wrote:completely agreed, love that reworked version on book of dreams/dream roots - as all the other new version of pink years stuff on these collections

Movements of a REvisionary, no?