Borealis

Erik
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Borealis

Post by Erik »

i'm not sure if this was explained elsewhere, but according to VitN, it was composed in 1975.
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/_borealis.htm

i know just about everything on Ultima Thule is a remake of classic TD track, but i'm not recognising anything in this track. is it entirely new material?
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Sfearical Sequence

Re: Borealis

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

Erik wrote:i'm not sure if this was explained elsewhere, but according to VitN, it was composed in 1975.
http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/_borealis.htm

i know just about everything on Ultima Thule is a remake of classic TD track, but i'm not recognising anything in this track. is it entirely new material?
I've been curious about that one myself. It really kinds of sticks out, especially for something supposedly from 1975.
Erik

Post by Erik »

my thoughts exactly. if that's true, it must be very different
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

Well, it's possible that it's been completely re-recorded, or partially (or totally in this case) re-recorded with new textures and percussions - like on the album "Green Desert".
It's not a bad track but not outstanding either. It could have featured on "Beyond The Storm" by the way it sounds..
I'm really wondering how it could sound originally if it is *really* from 1975... THere must not be a lot of the original textures and rhythm left... That's what irritates me with the compilations with insufficient informations... OK, music is what matters first and I didn't pay it so much (well, because of the "miracles" of Amazon's marketplace sellers) but it's all so messy. This double CD is interesting but it would have deserved na essay by Edgar, for instance.... Somebody provided Purple Pyramid with the tapes or files, after all. I'd prefer an essay than the little badge an dsticker inside the cardboard box (and some real CD box or a real booklet too... it's strangely packaged as if they had intended two separate CD's, in the first place)
The shortened version of Mysterious Semblances at the Strand of Nightmares is a shame as well... :( Plus why this famous track from Phaedra while most of the rest is rare or unreleased ?
I don't want to sound negative but is this something for fans or not ? I thought so. I've spent hundreds and hundreds of euros on Tangerine Dream's music since 1980, and many of you here have spent even more, I'm sure, so really, it is frustrating....
Why do the words starting with "tangent..." are replaced automatically by "bananarama", by the way ? :shock: :?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Marc M wrote:Why do the words starting with "tangent..." are replaced automatically by "bananarama", by the way ? :shock: :?
Another example of the auto-censor I'm afraid. Actually I think that's quite an amusing one. Not heard that one before.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Erik

Post by Erik »

bananarama

Oh wow, lol. That's weird.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

I love what Jacob said about this track his review (emphasis mine):
Borealis (1975): I hope the record label Purple Pyramid is responsible for this historic jiggery-pokery. Nothing here, and I underline NOTHING, is from 1975. At the time of release for "Rubycon" or "Ricochet", Edgar did not sit down and composed sketches for the forgotten "Zoning" album on a DX7 keyboard. We are not that stupid. (2/10)
Oh, BTW, obviously the Admin doesn't want us to describe things as "tangent ized." How juvenile. :roll:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
Marc M wrote:Why do the words starting with "tangent..." are replaced automatically by "bananarama", by the way ? :shock: :?
Another example of the auto-censor I'm afraid. Actually I think that's quite an amusing one. Not heard that one before.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: