BOOSTER V & MACHU PICCHU - PRE-ORDER NOW!!

har
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by har »

Machu Picchu arrived from Eastgate this morning in sunny Pictland. :D

After first listen........very nice and relaxing music 8) And excellent graphics, photographs and short explanation regarding the legend that is John Peel within.

Outside of CD case has very slight damage and two of the small plastic lugs are broken within. Fortunately no damage to CD. I have never had any damaged items from Eastgate whatsoever in the past. Only thing was on Booster2 from CDS when two of the plastic lugs had detached and damaged the CD within. This was resolved rapidly by CDS.

My very nice, signed postcard is also fine.

I am very pleased indeed with both these releases and look forward to many hours of chilled listening to the superb music of Tangerine Dream 8) 8) 8)

Apologies for the overtly positive and enthusiastic post :arrow:
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Have to agree about atrociously slow postage. I always send postcards from Germany when on holiday and 4 days is the average. No, mine hasn't arrived either. Not a bad reflection on the band, it's not their fault.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Thomas Mc Nulty wrote:Have to agree about atrociously slow postage. I always send postcards from Germany when on holiday and 4 days is the average. No, mine hasn't arrived either. Not a bad reflection on the band, it's not their fault.
Nowt here yet either. Yep, you can't really blame TD for Royal Mail.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
sparrow wrote:
xsaram3 wrote:Both Booster V and Machu Picchu arrived yesterday (Mon) no chance to listen fully yet.
Sure I wont be dissapointed with the music content but must say that I am dissapointed with the packaging this time from Eastgate!
Both CD's arrived with the central "claws" for the discs broken, easy enough to replace the tray on MP but not so easy on Booster.
Also the postcard was squashed into too small an envelope and is creased and "dog eared"
Eastgate charge a lot for postage and I would have expected better protection against the riguers of international postal services.

Moan over, heres looking forward to London 2012
(SBE not the Olympics lol)
Had the same problem 3 times before..so don't order from Eastgate..My copy of London Eye was a complete mess two of the discs were rattling around in the fat box & got badly marked and another order I had to replace both jewel cases..please don't delete this EB as I only speak the truth.

....but another truth is - when CD or tray dammage occurs - that we always send immediate substitution or find other satisfying solutions! Unfortunately there is no security guarantee concerning the people from the postal service treating packages sometimes like basket balls.....Sorry about that!
Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
Exactly right. The only way to protect discs would be to use even more packaging, which would put the post cost up, which would make people moan more. You can't win EB :lol:

Single disc jewel cases and double disc ones for Booster can be picked up off the internet for pennies, so it's no great problem really.
I always expect CD cases to be damaged when I order them from anywhere and am happily surprised if they arrive unscathed.
har

Post by har »

I have had a closer look at this broken plastic lug situation :lol:

The only thing I would say is that these little claw lugs on the TD CD boxes seem to be of quite brittle lug construction, compared to others, and possibly easier to break. Perhaps it might be worth thinking about some more flexible lugs :wink: .

At the end of the day we are at the mercy of our postal services :? :? :?.Although I have to say they are pretty good locally as a rule.

Hope everyone's lugs are intact :P
xsaram3

Post by xsaram3 »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
sparrow wrote:
xsaram3 wrote:Both Booster V and Machu Picchu arrived yesterday (Mon) no chance to listen fully yet.
Sure I wont be dissapointed with the music content but must say that I am dissapointed with the packaging this time from Eastgate!
Both CD's arrived with the central "claws" for the discs broken, easy enough to replace the tray on MP but not so easy on Booster.
Also the postcard was squashed into too small an envelope and is creased and "dog eared"
Eastgate charge a lot for postage and I would have expected better protection against the riguers of international postal services.

Moan over, heres looking forward to London 2012
(SBE not the Olympics lol)
Had the same problem 3 times before..so don't order from Eastgate..My copy of London Eye was a complete mess two of the discs were rattling around in the fat box & got badly marked and another order I had to replace both jewel cases..please don't delete this EB as I only speak the truth.

....but another truth is - when CD or tray dammage occurs - that we always send immediate substitution or find other satisfying solutions! Unfortunately there is no security guarantee concerning the people from the postal service treating packages sometimes like basket balls.....Sorry about that!
Regards,
EB (ADMIN)

Thanks EB for your comments, It was more an observation than complaint.
I'm sure I'm not alone in waiting eagerly for ALL TD's releases and it's just a shame when they arrive damaged.
I appreciate that the band can't guarantee the treatment the packages receive in transit.
To be fair I have only ever had one other instance of damage in transit.
" Eat Sh1t, a million flies can't be wrong"
ant

Post by ant »

:) No not complaining at Eastgate or EB, it is our wonderful Royal Snail. However, it would be good to get A) Notification of when the package has been sent, and (B) A Tracking Number. Then we could see exactly where our TD goodies are holidaying before they decide to turn up.

I have just had something sent by Amazon for next day delivery but Royal Snail decided to send it to the Shrewsbury Mail Centre instead of the London one. This means a delay of at least a day in it arriving but more annoying I am paying for next day delivery and not getting it sometimes. When this happens 9 times out of 10 it is when it is Royal Snail, and they have the cheek to want to put the prices up 30%. They really are having a laugh.

Right, today's moan over - hope everyone has a great day and that some of those eagerly awaited TD packs arrive. :D
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

ant wrote::) No not complaining at Eastgate or EB, it is our wonderful Royal Snail. However, it would be good to get A) Notification of when the package has been sent, and (B) A Tracking Number. Then we could see exactly where our TD goodies are holidaying before they decide to turn up.
Yes, a tracking number comes handy. Especially when the items often use 2-3 weeks to get here.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Hooray, it has arrived. Packaging definitely not as good as before but cd's seem ok as well as the cases. Inner sleeve for Booster V was bent as it was not in the case properly but that is all. Signed card was also a little bent at corners as the packaging was really too tight for it. The older stronger packaging was much better. :)
Biggus Dickus
redziller

Post by redziller »

Aaaah, mine now arrived 8) - hopefully none of the notes were bent - well, unless that was the intention :wink:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
ant

Post by ant »

:lol: No - 'Bent' Cold Sidewalk is not on this album!! :roll: :roll:
Biggus Dickus
Biodiode

Post by Biodiode »

Mine arrived this morning as well. The Booster V CD case was well mangled, luckily the CD's seem okay, just going to give them a good listen now. Thankfully I have a spare dual CD case around so will transfer them across.

Strangely I didn't have to sign for them although it was sent as registered mail???
redziller

Post by redziller »

ant wrote::lol: No - 'Bent' Cold Sidewalk is not on this album!! :roll: :roll:
I'm not rising to that one - rather do a runner :roll:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

Looks like they have been sent from Austria, unregistered.
Members and non-members only please.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Biodiode wrote:Mine arrived this morning as well. The Booster V CD case was well mangled, luckily the CD's seem okay, just going to give them a good listen now. Thankfully I have a spare dual CD case around so will transfer them across.

Strangely I didn't have to sign for them although it was sent as registered mail???
Mine arrived also today. Not sure they had to be signed for either, as I was out. My wife never mentioned having to sign anything.

Postcard relatively unscathed, very slight fold on one corner.
Booster case in perfect condition, like wise Machu Picchu.

Should get round to listening to them over the weekend.