Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:34 pm 

Hearing the (only slightly) remixed versions at the Astoria has given me a new appreciation of Sphinx Lightning. It's a pretty powerful track and is very similar to parts of Poland. Hyperborea was always my favourite track off the album though, I just love the dark mood and the melancholy solos in the second half. For me, No Man's Land is fascinating on a technical level and doesn't sound like any other TD track. Cinnamon Road is a bit of a filler, but it's a decent piece. Overall a very good album, not up there with the recent Logos and the forthcoming Poland, but still a solid collection of tracks. I wonder if the tracks were out-takes from Poland, recorded later that year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:38 pm 

Very true Chris,Sphinx lightning has a striking similarity to parts of Poland IMHO :arrow: got to be some outtakes there :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:01 pm 

exit81 wrote:
Hearing the (only slightly) remixed versions at the Astoria has given me a new appreciation of Sphinx Lightning. It's a pretty powerful track and is very similar to parts of Poland. Hyperborea was always my favourite track off the album though, I just love the dark mood and the melancholy solos in the second half. For me, No Man's Land is fascinating on a technical level and doesn't sound like any other TD track. Cinnamon Road is a bit of a filler, but it's a decent piece. Overall a very good album, not up there with the recent Logos and the forthcoming Poland, but still a solid collection of tracks. I wonder if the tracks were out-takes from Poland, recorded later that year?

A good album definitely. I'll have to get into the eighties TD more...

P.S. What parts of darkest Nth Wales are you from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:07 am 

I'm in the small coastal (i.e. next to a polluted river opposite the steel works!) town called Connah's Quay in the north east corner. I doubt if TD will EVER play here!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:19 pm 

The Only thing I Like this music is Cinnamon Road. :D

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:10 pm 

exit81 wrote:
I'm in the small coastal (i.e. next to a polluted river opposite the steel works!) town called Connah's Quay in the north east corner. I doubt if TD will EVER play here!! :D

If only they'd play in Llandudno or nearby - I'd drag wife, son and cat there (and get to see all my family nearby too!)..........

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ] 

Jump to: