Hyperborea...back from from the dead

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Of course not Tim............there are many who get in the same state as me :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
endorphin

Post by endorphin »

timer wrote: I don't think your alone in the TD emotion zone buddy !
Definitely not, I get extremely emotional everytime I hear Song Of The Whale Part 1. As soon as that intro kicks in it's goosebumps. That track means so much to me.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

I confess, I had a lump in my throat, but put that down to the Tetleys Extra Smooth (not my favourite)!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

endorphin wrote:
Definitely not, I get extremely emotional everytime I hear Song Of The Whale Part 1. As soon as that intro kicks in it's goosebumps. That track means so much to me.
brilliant track! I love the way the drums kick in the second time...much louder and with tons of reverb
timer

Post by timer »

24db wrote:
endorphin wrote:
brilliant track! I love the way the drums kick in the second time...much louder and with tons of reverb
So many songs, so many moments !.
endorphin

Post by endorphin »

24db wrote:
endorphin wrote:
The crescendo of that track is just magical.... everything just builds up to that moment and the sense of expectation and tension waiting for it to happen is amazing. Everyone has their own personal opinion as to what is for them TD's finest hour and that has to be mine without any shadow of a doubt. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

endorphin wrote:
24db wrote:
endorphin wrote: Definitely not, I get extremely emotional everytime I hear Song Of The Whale Part 1. As soon as that intro kicks in it's goosebumps. That track means so much to me.
The crescendo of that track is just magical.... everything just builds up to that moment and the sense of expectation and tension waiting for it to happen is amazing. Everyone has their own personal opinion as to what is for them TD's finest hour and that has to be mine without any shadow of a doubt. :D
Totally agree...we need to start an Underwater Sunlight thread I think
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Didn't like Hyperborea much when it was first released. Must have given it a cursory listen and then put it aside.

At some point I must have accidently put the title track down on to a tape which I had in the car. I have a clear recollection of driving the car through Sussex in a thunder-storm at 6:00 AM when the track started and thinking "What's this, it's fantastic?".

From there I dug out the album and gave it a proper listen. Whilst it's not up there with the likes of Tangram and Logos it contains a lot of good music. Least favourite track was Spinx Lightning............. that's until the Astoria show.

I love what they've done to the track, given it a new coat of paint and go-faster stripes.
endorphin

Post by endorphin »

24db wrote:Totally agree...we need to start an Underwater Sunlight thread I think
Consider it done! :)
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

I love the the first three tracks, as I have already said before Sphinx Lightning lacks something IMO must give it another try after listening to the excellent rework.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hyperboreauk wrote:I love the the first three tracks, as I have already said before Sphinx Lightning lacks something IMO must give it another try after listening to the excellent rework.
Just did and it's not as bad as I remember. :oops:
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

Sphinx lightning still my fav on this album. Still don't like the title track.
The way a world of dreams is going on!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

tangmaster wrote:Sphinx lightning still my fav on this album. Still don't like the title track.
Each to their own Hans. Where have you been?
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

Hobo wrote:
tangmaster wrote:Sphinx lightning still my fav on this album. Still don't like the title track.
I have a lot to do these days and not that much time to join the forum, but i'm still there.
The way a world of dreams is going on!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

tangmaster wrote:
Hobo wrote:
I have a lot to do these days and not that much time to join the forum, but i'm still there.
Good to see you here anyway!