Hyperborea...back from from the dead

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Hyperborea...back from from the dead

Post by 24db »

I was never a big fan of this album, (I liked the Title track the most, followed by No Mans Land (with it's great use of PPG, Emulator samples and Sitar recreation) and Cinnamon road...and Sphinx Lightning the least...although 19,000 years ago those DX 7 bell sounds were cutting edge ;))...however I think the new EP gives an opportunity to go back and re-visit the album again
Last edited by 24db on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

It's not their best album, but I've always felt the title track was right up there. Having said that, it was the last TD album I purchased until relatively recently and it gets regular airings.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

You made up for that in Fopp :D
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:You made up for that in Fopp :D
Yep. Somebody cost me a fortune on Friday! :wink:
JD

Post by JD »

Hobo wrote:It's not their best album, but I've always felt the title track was right up there. Having said that, it was the last TD album I purchased until relatively recently and it gets regular airings.
The last CD until recently ??? :shock: It always baffles me why people still hang around as a fan if they didnt bother with any of the last 100+ CDs ;)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:You made up for that in Fopp :D
Yep. Somebody cost me a fortune on Friday! :wink:
Look, the gun at the back of your head was for your own protection, there were some strange characters walking along that road. Some were muttering something about TB, mind you I'm might have misheard them

Btw did you know that the shop was open until 9pm? we were in their on thursday night and they even had a live band downstairs. Now that's what i call a record shop!
Last edited by 24db on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timer

Post by timer »

I always liked the entire Hyperborea album, always thought it not quite to the same par as its surrounding recordings, but still a cracking piece of music.
Mind you when S Lightning fired up on Saturday I thought things can't get much better than this !
24db

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:
Hobo wrote:It's not their best album, but I've always felt the title track was right up there. Having said that, it was the last TD album I purchased until relatively recently and it gets regular airings.
The last CD until recently ??? :shock: It always baffles me why people still hang around as a fan if they didnt bother with any of the last 100+ CDs ;)
TD is a train...hop on...hop off. Don't like the train...buy a car ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

JD wrote:
I got sidetracked in the Eighties and lost track of a lot of things, including TD. It's costing an arm and a leg, playing catch-up!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

A magical album IMHO...................one of my favorites and once SL struck up on Friday,the eyes were well glazed........i was the same with NML at the Tempodrom :cry: :cry: :cry:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:A magical album IMHO...................one of my favorites and once SL struck up on Friday,the eyes were well glazed........i was the same with NML at the Tempodrom :cry: :cry: :cry:
Is that why you grabbed the towel SBE 2005 to wipe away the tears ! :lol:
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

I've got some good memories of when this came out. You know, it was nearly half my life ago - kinda puts it into perspective doesn't it.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:A magical album IMHO...................one of my favorites and once SL struck up on Friday,the eyes were well glazed........i was the same with NML at the Tempodrom :cry: :cry: :cry:
I got the SBE towel 2001 Tim.........but i do become very emotional at these concerts when certain tracks kick in :oops: Thats what TD means to me :arrow: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
I got the SBE towel 2001 Tim.........but i do become very emotional at these concerts when certain tracks kick in :oops: Thats what TD means to me :arrow: :wink:
I thought you had something in your eye Colin. :wink:
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
I don't think your alone in the TD emotion zone buddy !