LE PARC REMASTERED

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

LE PARC REMASTERED

Post by ant »

TANGERINE DREAM: LE PARC (2012 Remaster / 1 Bonus Track / Slipcase - Stock # T1501304)

This is a 2012 Remastered edition of TANGERINE DREAM's classic 1985 album 'Le Parc'. The album was the first release by the band following their departure from Virgin records. Edgar Froese, Chris Franke & Johannes Schmoelling recorded this inspiring work in Vienna, Berlin and London, utilising the services of guest vocalists Clare Torry for 'Yellowstone Park' and Katja Brauneis on 'Zen Garden'. The album's title track, subtitled: 'L.A. - Streethawk', was a reworking of TANGERINE DREAM's theme to the US TV series: 'Streethawk'. This Newly Remastered Reactive edition includes a Bonus Track of the Rare 12" Radio Mix of 'Le Parc {L.A. - Streethawk}', which has Never Before Been Released on CD.
The reissue fully restores the Original Album Artwork and includes a Lavishly Illustrated Booklet with New Essay.

Track List:
01. Bois De Boulogne
02. Central Park
03. Gaudi Park
04. Tiergarten
05. Zen Garden
06. Le Parc {L.A. Streethawk}
07. Hyde Park
08. Cliffs Of Sydney
09. Yellowstone Park
10. Le Parc {L.A. Streethawk} [12" Single Radio Remix] * Bonus Track *

An album I like very much but does this remaster make it worth buying again? I have the bonus disc on vinyl but as it says this is the first time it has been on a CD. Shall I or shan't I?? Anyone else up for it? :roll:
Biggus Dickus
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I'm going to pass on this one....maybe..I like the way Esoteric packages their reissues but a lot of flolks aren't happy with the method of remastering. I still think Esoteric do a great job and they do put out CD's that are difficult to find or are only available at a price.
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I have 7 out of the 9 tracks on "The Dreamroots Collection" remastered already. Thus, I never bought the CD... I have had the LP since its release.
The first LP issued after TD left Virgin is not "Le Parc", by the way : It is Poland.
Maybe they should say rather "it's the first studio recording released after TD's last album for Virgin, "Hyperborea".

I always liked it, I think its second side is flawless, Yellowstone Park was a nice surprise with this vocal solo by Clare Torry who became so famous thanks to her vocalises on "The Great Gig In The Sky" from Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side of the Moon". Strange how TD often worked with black female singers on a music that is so far from their usual background

I'm thinking about "Dreamroots Collection" but also some other compilations that features some tracks from "Le Parc" when saying this : I never understood why the band seemed to dismiss two of the best tracks from this album in favour of others that I think aren't very remarkable, like the repetitive "Central Park and "Gaudi Park".
"Hyde Park"and "The Cliffs of Sidney" are both very melodic and catchy ... yet they seem to have been eternally forgotten...
Yet, on the 1st side, "Tiergarten" is one of TD's finest moments, a lovely piece.
cosmicdolphin

Entry Point

Post by cosmicdolphin »

I will end up having to buy this as I always end up giving away my copies of the CD to a friends and relatives as an approachable Gateway to exploring Tangerine Dream.

This was also the first Tangerine Dream album I was exposed to so it does have a soft spot for me.

Rich
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

This is Clare Torry: Image Image Image
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:This is Clare Torry: Image Image Image
Nice find :)

Good looking lass too.
Flashpoint

Re: Entry Point

Post by Flashpoint »

cosmicdolphin wrote:I will end up having to buy this as I always end up giving away my copies of the CD to a friends and relatives as an approachable Gateway to exploring Tangerine Dream.

This was also the first Tangerine Dream album I was exposed to so it does have a soft spot for me.

Rich

Compare them first at loud volumes you may very well find the older issue better for sound and the new for artwork. I know for each Esoteric I did that with it's been the case.

P.S. Don't use Le Parc/LA Steethawk for the compare. It seems to have been recorded differently than the rest of the album. It just is not a good sounding track, although it' s still one of my favorite TD tunes. It even sounds not so good on vinyl.
cosmicdolphin

Comparison

Post by cosmicdolphin »

I have to admit to going to the Tiergarten in Berlin, and sticking Tiergarten on my old portable CD player to listen to while I was there. :-) I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done that :-)

I no longer have the earlier CD version to do the comparison, I doubt I would see much significant difference right now on my current system (A PC not a separate HiFi). Some of the Other Esoteric Remasters I may be able to do the comparison because I still have the earlier CDs. All of the Esoteric releases are on the way to me.

I've had very good experience with their treatment of the Hawkwind Catalog, I have significant familiarity with all previous versions of the Hawkwind releases both vinyl and CD, and those are all definitely superior in quality in every case than the earlier CD issues. So I was surprised to see some folks had problems with their mastering of the TD reissues, I'll check them out as they show up.

I was unemployed as most of them came out, now I'm re-employed I've finally been able to buy them.

I just upped the bit rate of all my Tangerine Dream MP3s to 320KB, and am re-ripping as FLAC, prior to setting everything up to stream via my wifes AV equipment elsewhere in the house.

Although I have a soft spot for the Streethawk TV show I never have felt it was the best track on the album, I much prefer 'Tiergarten' 'Hyde Park' ' Cliffs of Sydney', and Yellowstone Park' which are all lovely.

Rich

>Compare them first at loud volumes you may very well find the older issue >better for sound and the new for artwork. I know for each Esoteric I did >that with it's been the case.

>P.S. Don't use Le Parc/LA Steethawk for the compare. It seems to have >been recorded differently than the rest of the album. It just is not a good >sounding track, although it' s still one of my favorite TD tunes. It even >sounds not so good on vinyl.