Underwater Sunlight

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:Why on earth does the Dolphin Dance 12 inch single not have Dolphin Dance on it.. :?: strange.
cock-up
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

24db wrote:
sparrow wrote:Why on earth does the Dolphin Dance 12 inch single not have Dolphin Dance on it.. :?: strange.
cock-up
Pardon the pun but a big cock up. :wink:
Erik

Post by Erik »

just thought i'd mention that Dolphin Riddle/Dolphin's Wake is really cool
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:
24db wrote:
cock-up
Pardon the pun but a big cock up. :wink:
no

;)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I really miss the excellent guitar solo on the Dream Roots Collection -Song of the Whale - To Dusk
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I really miss the excellent guitar solo on the Dream Roots Collection -Song of the Whale - To Dusk
I've grown to like that version better, actually. Better yet if affixed with the full intro & outro.

Pretty much everything on the album is top-class really, save for Scuba Scuba. :)

Haslinger's contributions-wise, I could swear I saw not long ago a quote about the Ride on the Ray theme being from his hand, but it beats me where. At least the sequencing bits on DD and RotR date to before his time however (as confirmed by The Soldier and The Park Is Mine OSTs.)
Insvims

Question about the track Underwater Twilight

Post by Insvims »

Just listened to this album, and the last track, Underwater Twilight, starts with 60-70 seconds of moody music that is somehow extended a lot (if I remember right) in a different composition. Anyone remember what track this might be?
Insvims

Re: Question about the track Underwater Twilight

Post by Insvims »

Insvims wrote:Just listened to this album, and the last track, Underwater Twilight, starts with 60-70 seconds of moody music that is somehow extended a lot (if I remember right) in a different composition. Anyone remember what track this might be?
Anyone have any idea?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:
Insvims wrote:Just listened to this album, and the last track, Underwater Twilight, starts with 60-70 seconds of moody music that is somehow extended a lot (if I remember right) in a different composition. Anyone remember what track this might be?
Anyone have any idea?
Don't know, but I guess it were some rather common synth voices they used there.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Jon wrote:
Insvims wrote:
Anyone have any idea?
Don't know, but I guess it were some rather common synth voices they used there.
Strange thing, because I am sure TD have used those sounds in i different track, but I cannot remember which. I think it is very beautiful sounds/melody.
Thanks anyway.
paul wood

Post by paul wood »

Insvims wrote:
Jon wrote:
Insvims wrote: Anyone have any idea?
Strange thing, because I am sure TD have used those sounds in i different track, but I cannot remember which. I think it is very beautiful sounds/melody.
Thanks anyway.
The opening of Underwater Twilight is quite similar in tone and feeling to the bridging music between Stratosfear '86 and Akash Deep as played on the 1986 UK & US tours. Is this what you guys are thinking of?
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

paul wood wrote:
Insvims wrote:
Jon wrote: Don't know, but I guess it were some rather common synth voices they used there.
Thanks anyway.
The opening of Underwater Twilight is quite similar in tone and feeling to the bridging music between Stratosfear '86 and Akash Deep as played on the 1986 UK & US tours. Is this what you guys are thinking of?
I am not sure, because I cannot say I have heard that particular piece.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Noticed on the Esoteric release the Underwater Twilight track is titled Underwater Sunlight. :roll: