TD albums we don't care for?

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

I wish my collection was 100...way too much. I need another CD/book case
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:I wish my collection was 100...way too much. I need another CD/book case
I wish mine was too. It's kind of depressing working out how much I've still got to spend!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:I wish my collection was 100...way too much. I need another CD/book case
I wish mine was too. It's kind of depressing working out how much I've still got to spend!
if you add in fan recordings then it just gets silly...to be honest I just listen to the new stuff...the old ones I know so well they only need an airing a couple of times a year ;)
Janus

Post by Janus »

Somehow I managed to keep all my TD vinyl collection, then with the advent of CD's (only just about about replaced everything now!) storage has become a major prob. Even with dumping the vinyl (even not owning a record player anymore..dont even go there!!) I suspect a new garden shed will be on the agenda soon with all the volume of product currently coming out of the TD camp :roll: :wink:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Janus wrote:Somehow I managed to keep all my TD vinyl collection, then with the advent of CD's (only just about about replaced everything now!) storage has become a major prob. Even with dumping the vinyl (even not owning a record player anymore..dont even go there!!) I suspect a new garden shed will be on the agenda soon with all the volume of product currently coming out of the TD camp :roll: :wink:
Storage is a real headache for me. I'm hoping to get a "jukebox" storage device and download everything to that but at the moment all of the ones on the market are just a little cr@p with (IMO) insufficient storage space.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Chris Monk wrote:
Janus wrote:Somehow I managed to keep all my TD vinyl collection, then with the advent of CD's (only just about about replaced everything now!) storage has become a major prob. Even with dumping the vinyl (even not owning a record player anymore..dont even go there!!) I suspect a new garden shed will be on the agenda soon with all the volume of product currently coming out of the TD camp :roll: :wink:
Storage is a real headache for me. I'm hoping to get a "jukebox" storage device and download everything to that but at the moment all of the ones on the market are just a little cr@p with (IMO) insufficient storage space.
I did get an all singing all dancing Archos player, it was the dogs nobbly bits until I spent weeks and weeks converting everything then went pear shaped not long afterwards :roll: Ah well back to the 8-track :wink:
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Janus wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
I did get an all singing all dancing Archos player, it was the dogs nobbly bits until I spent weeks and weeks converting everything then went pear shaped not long afterwards :roll: Ah well back to the 8-track :wink:
Yes. You'd have thunk it would be the easiest thing in the world to have a mass storage device with decent back-up, especially with hard drives as cheap as they are, but nobody seems to make one.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Storage is a nightmare here,ive currently hijacked one of the wardrobes er indoors kept clothes in :oops: im in desperate need of a good pine bookcase :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

epsilon75 wrote:
wayfarer wrote:I've found that with our TD collections averaging over a 100 albums it's easy to forget an album and not go back to it.

I'm quite lazy and stick to the Virgin Years, when I have most of the releases. I should spend time having a listen to those CDs gathering dust on the shelf. :wink:
Stick Melrose on Richard.................an unsung Gem IMHO :wink:
Will do! It's a lot better this time around! :D
Steve

Post by Steve »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Steve wrote:
rattymouse wrote: Are you going to start buying albums to fill in the large gap of missing ones?
I'm not going to fill the gap completely, but if you have any suggestions to start. As you can see, I was losing interest going into the '90's, so a recommendation for the best TD album since '95 would be a useful starting point. Apart from Kyoto (& also the Astoria e.p.), I've recently got Bootleg Box vols 1 & 2, Vault 4, & am currently waiting for a couple of the Bootmoon series.
Bypass Mota Atma.... Get Oasis, Seven Letters, Dream Mixes 2 , Rocking Mars, Zoning, Tournado and everything since Jeanne d'Arc.
Thanks for the advice.
Steve

Post by Steve »

rattymouse wrote:
Steve wrote:
rattymouse wrote: Are you going to start buying albums to fill in the large gap of missing ones?
I'm not going to fill the gap completely, but if you have any suggestions to start. As you can see, I was losing interest going into the '90's, so a recommendation for the best TD album since '95 would be a useful starting point. Apart from Kyoto (& also the Astoria e.p.), I've recently got Bootleg Box vols 1 & 2, Vault 4, & am currently waiting for a couple of the Bootmoon series.
I'd say you can't go wrong with Jeane d'Arc or Mars Polaris. Start there and see how you feel. Take it slowly so you dont get turned off.
Thanks very much. I'll take your advice & try a little at a time, starting with these two. Does anyone else have any suggestions for the best TD album since 1995?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Mars Polaris,Jeanne D'arc ,Blue Dawn,Goblins Club, Springtime in Nagasaki all Highly Recommended by me.........and MFD is excellent :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

wayfarer wrote:The only CD that I avoid consciously is Destination Berlin, which is a collection of muzak. Horrible. Otherwise, I normally find at least one track on any album that i like.

Catch Me If You Can, though is a poor soundtrack. I like Three O'Clock High but is an erratically constructed album. Being on Varese Sarabande, I'm not surprised. Being a collector of soundtracks, their output was odd in the eighties. The worst put together was the Road Warrior music by Brian "I wasn't in Queen" May.
Yes, IIRC you had quite a bit to say about that album at the Astoria gig! :wink:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Steve, I recommend Jeanne D'Arc too. It evokes more of the 80s style than most, which is a good thing in my opinion.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I'm running out of room for my Td with all the trees it's clocking 250 CDs
Plus there's the vinyl limited discs, cdrs etc glad i didn't go for the leaves apart from the 70's stuff.

When we buy new living room furniture it as to have a cupboard big enough :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache