TD albums we don't care for?

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:I dont care for ZEIT any more :shock:
:shock: You been on them smokes again BM :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
JD

Post by JD »

Well I have 99% of all the official releases but the CDs I just cannot listen to at all, even for a minute are
7 letters
inferno
paradiso
Zoning (apart from 2 tracks)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:I dont care for ZEIT any more :shock:
:shock: You been on them smokes again BM :wink:
I LOVE ZEIT :P :arrow: :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

JD wrote:Well I have 99% of all the official releases but the CDs I just cannot listen to at all, even for a minute are
7 letters
inferno
paradiso

7 letters is a great chill-out listen IMHO,but of course it may not tickle everyone's fancy :wink:
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Paradiso.

I found the first listening virtually painful to listen to. A bit after that, I thought it would be fair to give it another listen.

I only lasted a few tracks.

Brutal. :-(

Another [dis]honorable mention would be Catch Me if You Can.

What's funny, with albums like Destination Berlin, although it's not good, sometimes I'm in the mood for cheese and it kind of hits the spot!
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

The second part of logos i cannot stand; however, the first part is a daily listen.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

coldwater wrote:The second part of logos i cannot stand; however, the first part is a daily listen.
The last ten minutes of Logos let it down a bit and I'm, not a huge fan of Dominion, but I'm a long way from "cannot stand" I like these topics where you can see other fans preferences and often wonder what they hear differently to me.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
coldwater wrote:The second part of logos i cannot stand; however, the first part is a daily listen.
The last ten minutes of Logos let it down a bit and I'm, not a huge fan of Dominion, but I'm a long way from "cannot stand" I like these topics where you can see other fans preferences and often wonder what they hear differently to me.

The whole Logos concert at the Dominion is a stupendously good listen as is the Croydon concert of the same tour............How Logos was not a double album release always amazed me,masters of their craft at work :D
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:

The whole Logos concert at the Dominion is a stupendously good listen as is the Croydon concert of the same tour............How Logos was not a double album release always amazed me,masters of their craft at work :D
starting to feel like a philistine. Can't help it, I like everything else though. Please forgive me. Just listening to it again...sorry but no. will go to confession right now...after La Joie.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
JD

Post by JD »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:

You mean there is unreleased Logos era material out there ??? :shock:
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

JD wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote: The last ten minutes of Logos let it down a bit and I'm, not a huge fan of Dominion, but I'm a long way from "cannot stand" I like these topics where you can see other fans preferences and often wonder what they hear differently to me.

You mean there is unreleased Logos era material out there ??? :shock:
Well the concert was longer than the album. :wink:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

JD wrote:Well I have 99% of all the official releases but the CDs I just cannot listen to at all, even for a minute are
7 letters
inferno
paradiso
I LOVE 7 Letters!

Paradiso is a bucket of dribble I agree.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Beaubourg wrote:Paradiso.

I found the first listening virtually painful to listen to. A bit after that, I thought it would be fair to give it another listen.

What's funny, with albums like Destination Berlin, although it's not good, sometimes I'm in the mood for cheese and it kind of hits the spot!
Paradiso must go down in TD history as THE most disappointing album in their history. I thought Purgatorio was phenomenal and had the highest hopes that Paradiso would continue that way. Sadly, I gave this album 7 complete listenings (what a painful weekend that was) and could not find ANYTHING that made it redeemable. Truly shocking.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

rattymouse wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:Paradiso.

Paradiso must go down in TD history as THE most disappointing album in their history. I thought Purgatorio was phenomenal and had the highest hopes that Paradiso would continue that way. Sadly, I gave this album 7 complete listenings (what a painful weekend that was) and could not find ANYTHING that made it redeemable. Truly shocking.
How does it compare to Ambient Monkeys and TransSiberia? :wink:
timer

Post by timer »

I haven't even managed to listen to any of the three Dante series CDs in they're entirity! I don't think I ever will , just can't stand the operatics.
was bought up on classical music and led to believe rock music was not right!