TD albums we don't care for?

coldwater
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by coldwater »

I find Green Desert a bit hard going.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

coldwater wrote:I find Green Desert a bit hard going.
I'm quite surprised by that. Just goes to show....
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

rattymouse wrote:
JD wrote:Well I have 99% of all the official releases but the CDs I just cannot listen to at all, even for a minute are
7 letters
inferno
paradiso
Zoning (apart from 2 tracks)
I LOVE 7 Letters!

Paradiso is a bucket of dribble I agree.
i find 7 letters sublime, paradiso i haven't got but from the clips heard it sounds good - funny old world.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

This probably sounds unbelievable but Ive always found Mars Polaris heavy going. I dont particulary dislike any of the tracks and in fact I really like tharsis manoever but overall I dont seem to enjoy it that much
24db

Post by 24db »

HYPERBOREA wrote:This probably sounds unbelievable but Ive always found Mars Polaris heavy going. I dont particulary dislike any of the tracks and in fact I really like tharsis manoever but overall I dont seem to enjoy it that much
Got to agree, apart from two tracks (which I think are brilliant), it's too plodding and I find some of the drum sounds weak, just my opinion though I know plenty of people really like this album
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
HYPERBOREA wrote:This probably sounds unbelievable but Ive always found Mars Polaris heavy going. I dont particulary dislike any of the tracks and in fact I really like tharsis manoever but overall I dont seem to enjoy it that much
Easily their best album of the 90s after Melrose IMHO.........i think its excellent all round :arrow: 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Easily their best album of the 90s after Melrose IMHO.........i think its excellent all round :arrow: 8)
Agreed Colin excellent album.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Have to say its a BIG favorite of mine...........The title track would certainly be in my all time TD top ten 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Have to say its a BIG favorite of mine...........The title track would certainly be in my all time TD top ten 8)
Agreed. A storming and much underrated track!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
I've yet to play this one, but I have the iPod with me... :idea:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Rockoon makes me want to hurl.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

rattymouse wrote: Rockoon makes me want to hurl.
I love Rockoon! Mota Atma makes me bored except for one track.
Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I love Green Desert! I find the Electronic Meditation a bit difficult to get on with, to say the least.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I find the Electronic Meditation a bit difficult to get on with, to say the least.
That's right, EM is a whole different thing than the music TD played and composed since then.
Yet it was the first TD album I bought! Can you imagine that? :lol: My fault, whenever discovering a new band I have to start at the beginning. And I must admit I love that album although it's far from being "electronic" or "meditative".
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: Easily their best album of the 90s after Melrose IMHO.........i think its excellent all round :arrow: 8)
I've yet to play this one, but I have the iPod with me... :idea:
Mars Polaris didn't do a lot for me. It's not bad, but nothing really stood out. Just my initial impression. I'll see how I feel after a few more plays.