Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
I wish my collection was 100...way too much. I need another CD/book case

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
24db wrote:
I wish my collection was 100...way too much. I need another CD/book case


I wish mine was too. It's kind of depressing working out how much I've still got to spend!

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
I wish my collection was 100...way too much. I need another CD/book case


I wish mine was too. It's kind of depressing working out how much I've still got to spend!


if you add in fan recordings then it just gets silly...to be honest I just listen to the new stuff...the old ones I know so well they only need an airing a couple of times a year ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:57 pm
Posts: 3365
Location: TDFM Radio
Somehow I managed to keep all my TD vinyl collection, then with the advent of CD's (only just about about replaced everything now!) storage has become a major prob. Even with dumping the vinyl (even not owning a record player anymore..dont even go there!!) I suspect a new garden shed will be on the agenda soon with all the volume of product currently coming out of the TD camp :roll: :wink:

_________________
Image
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Janus wrote:
Somehow I managed to keep all my TD vinyl collection, then with the advent of CD's (only just about about replaced everything now!) storage has become a major prob. Even with dumping the vinyl (even not owning a record player anymore..dont even go there!!) I suspect a new garden shed will be on the agenda soon with all the volume of product currently coming out of the TD camp :roll: :wink:

Storage is a real headache for me. I'm hoping to get a "jukebox" storage device and download everything to that but at the moment all of the ones on the market are just a little cr@p with (IMO) insufficient storage space.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:57 pm
Posts: 3365
Location: TDFM Radio
Chris Monk wrote:
Janus wrote:
Somehow I managed to keep all my TD vinyl collection, then with the advent of CD's (only just about about replaced everything now!) storage has become a major prob. Even with dumping the vinyl (even not owning a record player anymore..dont even go there!!) I suspect a new garden shed will be on the agenda soon with all the volume of product currently coming out of the TD camp :roll: :wink:

Storage is a real headache for me. I'm hoping to get a "jukebox" storage device and download everything to that but at the moment all of the ones on the market are just a little cr@p with (IMO) insufficient storage space.

I did get an all singing all dancing Archos player, it was the dogs nobbly bits until I spent weeks and weeks converting everything then went pear shaped not long afterwards :roll: Ah well back to the 8-track :wink:

_________________
Image
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Janus wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Janus wrote:
Somehow I managed to keep all my TD vinyl collection, then with the advent of CD's (only just about about replaced everything now!) storage has become a major prob. Even with dumping the vinyl (even not owning a record player anymore..dont even go there!!) I suspect a new garden shed will be on the agenda soon with all the volume of product currently coming out of the TD camp :roll: :wink:

Storage is a real headache for me. I'm hoping to get a "jukebox" storage device and download everything to that but at the moment all of the ones on the market are just a little cr@p with (IMO) insufficient storage space.

I did get an all singing all dancing Archos player, it was the dogs nobbly bits until I spent weeks and weeks converting everything then went pear shaped not long afterwards :roll: Ah well back to the 8-track :wink:

Yes. You'd have thunk it would be the easiest thing in the world to have a mass storage device with decent back-up, especially with hard drives as cheap as they are, but nobody seems to make one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Janus wrote:
Somehow I managed to keep all my TD vinyl collection, then with the advent of CD's (only just about about replaced everything now!) storage has become a major prob. Even with dumping the vinyl (even not owning a record player anymore..dont even go there!!) I suspect a new garden shed will be on the agenda soon with all the volume of product currently coming out of the TD camp :roll: :wink:


Storage is a nightmare here,ive currently hijacked one of the wardrobes er indoors kept clothes in :oops: im in desperate need of a good pine bookcase :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 883
Location: Chelmsford - home of the Chelmsford TDBA
epsilon75 wrote:
wayfarer wrote:
I've found that with our TD collections averaging over a 100 albums it's easy to forget an album and not go back to it.

I'm quite lazy and stick to the Virgin Years, when I have most of the releases. I should spend time having a listen to those CDs gathering dust on the shelf. :wink:


Stick Melrose on Richard.................an unsung Gem IMHO :wink:


Will do! It's a lot better this time around! :D

_________________
http://wayfarer2006.blogspot.com/
http://www.last.fm/user/Browncoat
TDBA - Chelmsford Battalion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:45 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Surrey, UK
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Steve wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Steve wrote:
In answer to this post, here's my list of least played TD albums, in no particular order. Note: Until I got 'Kyoto' the other week, the last album I got was Dream Mixes 1, so I've been out of touch for some time.

Alpha Centauri,
Zeit,
Atem,
Hyperborea,
Wavelength,
Legend,
Tyger,
Lily on the Beach,
Melrose,
Rockoon,

Live long & prosper.


Are you going to start buying albums to fill in the large gap of missing ones?


I'm not going to fill the gap completely, but if you have any suggestions to start. As you can see, I was losing interest going into the '90's, so a recommendation for the best TD album since '95 would be a useful starting point. Apart from Kyoto (& also the Astoria e.p.), I've recently got Bootleg Box vols 1 & 2, Vault 4, & am currently waiting for a couple of the Bootmoon series.


Bypass Mota Atma.... Get Oasis, Seven Letters, Dream Mixes 2 , Rocking Mars, Zoning, Tournado and everything since Jeanne d'Arc.


Thanks for the advice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:45 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Surrey, UK
rattymouse wrote:
Steve wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Steve wrote:
In answer to this post, here's my list of least played TD albums, in no particular order. Note: Until I got 'Kyoto' the other week, the last album I got was Dream Mixes 1, so I've been out of touch for some time.

Alpha Centauri,
Zeit,
Atem,
Hyperborea,
Wavelength,
Legend,
Tyger,
Lily on the Beach,
Melrose,
Rockoon,

Live long & prosper.


Are you going to start buying albums to fill in the large gap of missing ones?


I'm not going to fill the gap completely, but if you have any suggestions to start. As you can see, I was losing interest going into the '90's, so a recommendation for the best TD album since '95 would be a useful starting point. Apart from Kyoto (& also the Astoria e.p.), I've recently got Bootleg Box vols 1 & 2, Vault 4, & am currently waiting for a couple of the Bootmoon series.


I'd say you can't go wrong with Jeane d'Arc or Mars Polaris. Start there and see how you feel. Take it slowly so you dont get turned off.


Thanks very much. I'll take your advice & try a little at a time, starting with these two. Does anyone else have any suggestions for the best TD album since 1995?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Mars Polaris,Jeanne D'arc ,Blue Dawn,Goblins Club, Springtime in Nagasaki all Highly Recommended by me.........and MFD is excellent :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 am
Posts: 1415
wayfarer wrote:
The only CD that I avoid consciously is Destination Berlin, which is a collection of muzak. Horrible. Otherwise, I normally find at least one track on any album that i like.

Catch Me If You Can, though is a poor soundtrack. I like Three O'Clock High but is an erratically constructed album. Being on Varese Sarabande, I'm not surprised. Being a collector of soundtracks, their output was odd in the eighties. The worst put together was the Road Warrior music by Brian "I wasn't in Queen" May.

Yes, IIRC you had quite a bit to say about that album at the Astoria gig! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 883
Location: Chelmsford - home of the Chelmsford TDBA
Steve, I recommend Jeanne D'Arc too. It evokes more of the 80s style than most, which is a good thing in my opinion.

_________________
http://wayfarer2006.blogspot.com/
http://www.last.fm/user/Browncoat
TDBA - Chelmsford Battalion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
I'm running out of room for my Td with all the trees it's clocking 250 CDs
Plus there's the vinyl limited discs, cdrs etc glad i didn't go for the leaves apart from the 70's stuff.

When we buy new living room furniture it as to have a cupboard big enough :shock:

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10 [ 148 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage