Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:47 am
Posts: 78
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
The TD albums I don't care for at all are almost all of the soundtracks (I find the music's great when you're actually watching the films, but not so much by itself) and everything between 1988 and 1996. Particularly Rockoon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
Lucan wrote:
The TD albums I don't care for at all are almost all of the soundtracks (I find the music's great when you're actually watching the films, but not so much by itself) and everything between 1988 and 1996. Particularly Rockoon.


I'm surprised by your aversion to the soundtracks. Whilst i agree they are normally better in context, a lot of them stand up in their own right. All IMO, of course.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:35 am
Posts: 356
Location: Edgar's dried Quinoa pantry
I know I'm going to be chastised when I say this:

MOTA ATMA - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't hurt me guys, I have the right to my opinion. I have love for Mars Polaris and Seven Letters though, and Transiberia has a certain atmospheric quality - great for listening to in the dark!!

_________________
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Hobo wrote:
Lucan wrote:
The TD albums I don't care for at all are almost all of the soundtracks (I find the music's great when you're actually watching the films, but not so much by itself) and everything between 1988 and 1996. Particularly Rockoon.


I'm surprised by your aversion to the soundtracks. Whilst i agree they are normally better in context, a lot of them stand up in their own right. All IMO, of course.


Especially the Awesome Theif :arrow: :D 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Froesesque wrote:
I know I'm going to be chastised when I say this:

MOTA ATMA - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't hurt me guys, I have the right to my opinion. I have love for Mars Polaris and Seven Letters though, and Transiberia has a certain atmospheric quality - great for listening to in the dark!!


Everyone to their own Froesesque.............you dont have to like everything :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Froesesque wrote:
I know I'm going to be chastised when I say this:

MOTA ATMA - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't hurt me guys, I have the right to my opinion. I have love for Mars Polaris and Seven Letters though, and Transiberia has a certain atmospheric quality - great for listening to in the dark!!


totally agree...very overated...IMHO ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Lucan wrote:
The TD albums I don't care for at all are almost all of the soundtracks (I find the music's great when you're actually watching the films, but not so much by itself) and everything between 1988 and 1996. Particularly Rockoon.


I'm surprised by your aversion to the soundtracks. Whilst i agree they are normally better in context, a lot of them stand up in their own right. All IMO, of course.


Especially the Awesome Theif :arrow: :D 8)


It's probably better produced than most and overall has less of a soundtrack feel than the others. The knockout tunes help as well :!: :D

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Diamond Diary at the start of the film............oh yes...magic :D

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
epsilon75 wrote:
Diamond Diary at the start of the film............oh yes...magic :D


I haven't watched it for a while. The wife's out tonight as well.... :D :idea: :arrow:

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Diamond Diary at the start of the film............oh yes...magic :D


I haven't watched it for a while. The wife's out tonight as well.... :D :idea: :arrow:



Put it on and enjoy...........i think its excellent :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 883
Location: Chelmsford - home of the Chelmsford TDBA
epsilon75 wrote:
Diamond Diary at the start of the film............oh yes...magic :D


Used again in Streethawk and The Park is Mine.

_________________
http://wayfarer2006.blogspot.com/
http://www.last.fm/user/Browncoat
TDBA - Chelmsford Battalion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
wayfarer wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Diamond Diary at the start of the film............oh yes...magic :D


Used again in Streethawk and The Park is Mine.


Not the full version tho :arrow: :wink: and thats the best IMHO :D

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Stuff that I don't care for? hmmm strangely enough, not that much

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 2
Location: Sweden
Pheadra is somewhat boring, according to me. :oops:

_________________
I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability.

- Oscar Wilde


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
NicholasP wrote:
Pheadra is somewhat boring, according to me. :oops:


I have a soft spot for Phaedra, as it was my introduction to TD in 1974. Mysterious Semblance...... is a masterpiece!

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10 [ 148 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage