SWSIS

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
rattymouse wrote: What the hell is the point to limited editions?? Could someone explain to me why it is a good thing to keep music out of people's hands? Really, someone explain this.
I think we all know that limited editions are generally a marketing ploy, designed to part us from our hard earned. I too, find them annoying, as they inflate prices and create undesirable exclusivity. It would therefore appear, I am unable to answer your question, Tom.
that's Pete Namlook's entire career wiped out then ;)...I've never had a problem with limited editions as I'm normally the winner who buys them first. My problem is with re-issues and remasters that add nothing bar fancy artwork and NEW digital artifacts, like clipping and gltiches....I've sussed that one for what it is and jumped ship.
Now thats funny! Poor Pete!
24db

Post by 24db »

DSJR wrote:[quote="24db] My problem is with re-issues and remasters that add nothing bar fancy artwork and NEW digital artifacts, like clipping and gltiches....I've sussed that one for what it is and jumped ship.
The thing is, these days this shouldn't happen at all - look what TD did with the cassette of the Invisible Limits remix - it sounds superb...

I just get annoyed that I just "have" to get the latest versions of certain artists work, as these discs have meant so much to me - I'm thinking of Steve Hillage and Alan Parsons at present (I did the Virgin TD remasters some years ago). New technology and better quality masters (owned by the band often) really can improve things to a huge degree, as these recordings now get the same love and care (by independant engineers often) that all the fifties jaz recordings did some years ago.

Clipping and glitches - are you referring to another synth "God" by any chance? I've avoided his releases until something is done about it...[/quote][/quote]

it depends on if you believe the whole story of the cassette found in Hansa ;)