Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
 Post subject: Hermaphrodite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:02 am 

A really amazing track this, I have to be honest a few of the recent TD offerings have not floated my boat but this is a stand out track, one of the best tracks of recent times.

Pure emotion coming out of it as usual when Mr Froese is on Guitar. How I would love to hear this in London, This and Hamlet showcase the amazing playing of Edgar Froese.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:04 am 

agreed. one of the best they've put out on Eastgate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:27 am 

I think the whole Finnegans Wake album is one of their best in the last 10 years... 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:28 am 

"Hermaphrodite" is surely one of their very best tracks on the 3 albums from the "sonic poems" series but I love some others from the two previous that have sometimes a long guitar part too, like "The Mysterious Gift To Mankind".
On "Finnegan's Wake", I love "Mother Of All Sources" especially. I really enjoy the five last tracks of this album, anyway, more than the first 3 ones.
I'm always very glad to hear Edgar plays electric guitar, he's often pretty inspired and he has got a special sound that I do like. He's never played enough guitar to my taste except on albums like Tangram or Force Majeure, but lately, he's coming back to this instrument and that's a big pleasure.

Post subject: Re: Hermaphrodite
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:35 pm 

cantosis wrote:
A really amazing track this, I have to be honest a few of the recent TD offerings have not floated my boat but this is a stand out track, one of the best tracks of recent times.

Pure emotion coming out of it as usual when Mr Froese is on Guitar. How I would love to hear this in London, This and Hamlet showcase the amazing playing of Edgar Froese.

I absolutely agree! I would also love to hear Edgar playing this in Shepherds Bush. So lets hope this special request will be rewarded. :idea: I do hope the request has reached Edgar ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:58 pm 

Marc M wrote:
"Hermaphrodite" is surely one of their very best tracks on the 3 albums from the "sonic poems" series but I love some others from the two previous that have sometimes a long guitar part too, like "The Mysterious Gift To Mankind".
On "Finnegan's Wake", I love "Mother Of All Sources" especially. I really enjoy the five last tracks of this album, anyway, more than the first 3 ones.
I'm always very glad to hear Edgar plays electric guitar, he's often pretty inspired and he has got a special sound that I do like. He's never played enough guitar to my taste except on albums like Tangram or Force Majeure, but lately, he's coming back to this instrument and that's a big pleasure.

I love Edgar's guitar on Song Of The Whale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:43 am 

Jon wrote:
I love Edgar's guitar on Song Of The Whale.

Absolutely... For years, I thought it was Paul Haslinger playing this solo part but nope... It's really one of Mr Froese's best musical parts ever.. and it's never played live, it's such a pity.... As if he didn't like it, while "Song Of The Whale" as a whole is one of TD's best long songs ever.. But I think it's especially part 2 that makes it outstanding. And yet, this is the section that is never played live, and was never played live, as far as I know. I cannot understand this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:16 pm 

I've been consolidating a bit recently and collecting all my classics together, which means for me mostly the virgin years. However, that said, I really rate FW as up there with the best of TD, and as an album useful for modern TD evangelism, I can't think of anything better

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: