Live in Budapest 2012 DVD

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by ant »

:( It may as well have been just a video of different things with TD music added, like Canyon Dreams etc. 98% of the pics of the band are so messed about with that they may as well have not bothered!! :(
Biggus Dickus
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Each to their own of course.......anyone wanting a high quality concert of Tangerine Dream performing in a superb venue should be very disappointed as was I, I really fail to understand how people can say this is a good DVD when it's ruined with computer imagery and when we do get to see the band they have the gall to squeeze them into a bloody small box on the screen :!: :?:

It's really beyond me.

They just managed to get away with it on the Tempodrom 2006 release but this was going too far, I appreciate it was a Hungarian crew filming it but Eastgate I would imagine had the final say on what was ultimately released.

At the end of the day it's a DVD, I certainly haven't lost any sleep over it, but when I read the review in the TD shop I was expecting something special, not something I could have done myself with my old Spectrum +
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

I think we got the picture now, thank you... :roll:
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Picked this up from the Post Office last week but only just fond time to watch it. Must admit I was a little worried given some of the comments on here but I actually really enjoyed it. Yep, it's a little different to most of TDs live DVDs but that ain't no bad thing IMO.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
ant

Post by ant »

:roll: Yep, it sure is a Marmite DVD this one. Mine is on the shelf and that is where it will stay to gather dust around the other oft used dust free ones. :(
Biggus Dickus
astralvoyager

Post by astralvoyager »

I agree with harry potter on every point he made regarding the budapest live dvd.
Please edgar,go back to the old format.
Lisbon is a fine example with great camera work and sutle computer effects that blended in perfectly.An excellent dvd.Unfortunatley i cannot say the same regarding the budapest dvd.
astralvoyager

Post by astralvoyager »

I find it hard to understand why anybody who is a fan of T.D would find the lisbon dvd boring.As a fan you know what to expect when watching a live dvd of the band.What do you expect edgar to do?
The only dvd that did take me by surprise was budapest, which i was not keen on for other reasons.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Set 2 from the Zurich concert...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyiKD3YUEDI
td fan

Post by td fan »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:Each to their own of course.......anyone wanting a high quality concert of Tangerine Dream performing in a superb venue should be very disappointed as was I, I really fail to understand how people can say this is a good DVD when it's ruined with computer imagery and when we do get to see the band they have the gall to squeeze them into a bloody small box on the screen :!: :?:

It's really beyond me.

.. I was expecting something special, not something I could have done myself with my old Spectrum +
I completely agree with you, I was at Budapest concert, the venue was superb indeed, probably one of the most beautiful venue TD were ever played. What a disappointment...
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

I found a couple of clips from the DVD on youtube and unlike "td fan", this tdfan actually likes it! A lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT771Mr ... A&index=14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGI_lG8 ... A&index=20

Eastgate, if you have any objections that I link to these videos then please delete this post (by the way, I'm not the uploader on youtube). But I think it's fair that people can watch and decide if it's their cup of tea or not.