Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject: The Cradle's Soil
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3088
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
New album coming in the spring. Discussion thread. :-)

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:54 pm
Posts: 1661
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Wow, you are quick with the news! Haven't seen this any other place. Where did you see the news?

A new TD album is always exciting. I'm hoping for an album with great compositions (mostly by TQ as I think he's a better composer than Edgar these days), strong guitar work from mr. Beibl (something along the lines of A Dream Of Death from Madcap would be awesome), and even some sax from Linda Spa.

That's all I can say at this stage really.


Last edited by Jon on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:54 pm
Posts: 1661
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
double post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
8)

As usual, can't wait for this.

I am hoping for something dark, moody and interesting :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3088
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
Jon wrote:
Wow, you are quick with the news! Haven't seen this any other place. Where did you see the news?

It's in the TDOC. The track Agony Of Suspense (TQ) is quite dark and mysterious, and maybe it will be on that album (could also be on the Kafka album). It's not specified yet.
One of the other downloads are called Digital Sister (EF). TD has released a track with that name earlier (composed by JF), on Dream Mixes 2 and Dream Mixes 2.1. But this a different track, with the same title. :roll:

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 1002
Location: Paris/Earth/Solar System/Milky Way
Insvims wrote:
It's in the TDOC. The track Agony Of Suspense (TQ) is quite dark and mysterious, and maybe it will be on that album (could also be on the Kafka album). It's not specified yet.
One of the other downloads are called Digital Sister (EF). TD has released a track with that name earlier (composed by JF), on Dream Mixes 2 and Dream Mixes 2.1. But this a different track, with the same title. :roll:


I'm quite sure that "Agony of Suspense" will be on the Kafka album (because of its dark mood and its title)...
"Digital Sister" and "The House of the rising Sun"should be on Undercover Chapter 2 (it seems logical to me).
And the last one should be on this "African album" (The Cradle's Soil).

Can't wait for these new albums ! :D

_________________
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
TDludo wrote:
Insvims wrote:
It's in the TDOC. The track Agony Of Suspense (TQ) is quite dark and mysterious, and maybe it will be on that album (could also be on the Kafka album). It's not specified yet.
One of the other downloads are called Digital Sister (EF). TD has released a track with that name earlier (composed by JF), on Dream Mixes 2 and Dream Mixes 2.1. But this a different track, with the same title. :roll:


I'm quite sure that "Agony of Suspense" will be on the Kafka album (because of its dark mood and its title)...
"Digital Sister" and "The House of the rising Sun"should be on Undercover Chapter 2 (it seems logical to me).
And the last one should be on this "African album" (The Cradle's Soil).

Can't wait for these new albums ! :D
interesting theory Ludo, and I think you may well be right 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3088
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
TDludo wrote:
Insvims wrote:
It's in the TDOC. The track Agony Of Suspense (TQ) is quite dark and mysterious, and maybe it will be on that album (could also be on the Kafka album). It's not specified yet.
One of the other downloads are called Digital Sister (EF). TD has released a track with that name earlier (composed by JF), on Dream Mixes 2 and Dream Mixes 2.1. But this a different track, with the same title. :roll:


I'm quite sure that "Agony of Suspense" will be on the Kafka album (because of its dark mood and its title)...
"Digital Sister" and "The House of the rising Sun"should be on Undercover Chapter 2 (it seems logical to me).
And the last one should be on this "African album" (The Cradle's Soil).

Can't wait for these new albums ! :D

I don't see how Digital Sister can be on the covers album, as it's composed by EF.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 1002
Location: Paris/Earth/Solar System/Milky Way
Insvims wrote:
I don't see how Digital Sister can be on the covers album, as it's composed by EF.


You're right !
Two different tracks with the same title, that's quite strange... :?
I can't imagine this track on the Kakfa album, so it could be on The Cradle's Soil... but who knows ? :lol:

_________________
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
The BM knows nought about this album, nothing. Yet I can imagine its sound, it's music. I hope to be surprised and shocked with glee.......let us see... :P

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
TDludo wrote:
Insvims wrote:
I don't see how Digital Sister can be on the covers album, as it's composed by EF.


You're right !
Two different tracks with the same title, that's quite strange... :?
I can't imagine this track on the Kakfa album, so it could be on The Cradle's Soil... but who knows ? :lol:

What's more strange is that the download says that it's composed by both Edgar and Jerome. If it's a remix then it's been taken a long way from the original.

_________________
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
PS Agony Of Suspense is a corking track. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album .....which ever one it is. :wink:

_________________
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
8)


:!: :arrow:

_________________
Image
https://twitter.com/laserdiscdream
https://plus.google.com/113176733764779995609
http://laserdiscdream.livejournal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:39 am
Posts: 506
Location: Hyperborea
Chris Monk wrote:
TDludo wrote:
Insvims wrote:
I don't see how Digital Sister can be on the covers album, as it's composed by EF.


You're right !
Two different tracks with the same title, that's quite strange... :?
I can't imagine this track on the Kakfa album, so it could be on The Cradle's Soil... but who knows ? :lol:

What's more strange is that the download says that it's composed by both Edgar and Jerome. If it's a remix then it's been taken a long way from the original.


Hi Guys,

Happy New Year to you all!
Sorry for the "Digital Sister" confusion which is definitely my fault. The new title should be named "DIGITAL CYPHER" which has the meaning of a certain arithmetical symbol. Unfortunately my subconsciousness took me by surprise when trying to identify the handwriting on the disc with the TDOC downloads I got from Edgar....so please apologize and change the title into DIGITAL CYPHER. Of course you must think that we are a bit nuts to use a title twice.....we can't blame you for thinking that way. I hope everything is clear now.

Regards,
EINSTEIN's BARBER (ADMIN)

_________________
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 1002
Location: Paris/Earth/Solar System/Milky Way
Absolutely crystal-clear, thanks for the explanation EB ! :lol: :wink:

_________________
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage