Edgar on Williams Shatner's prog-album.

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Edgar on Williams Shatner's prog-album.

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

:shock:

from CD services:

WILLIAM SHATNER: PONDER THE MYSTERY (CD-2013 Album/All Star Cast - Stock # 1641064) Normally CD £16.99 - Ltd Pre-Release Offer CD £13.99

WILLIAM SHATNER: PONDER THE MYSTERY (Ltd 2LP-2013 Album/All Star Cast - Stock # 1641065) Normally LP £28.99 - Ltd Pre-Release Offer LP £23.99

"Quite possibly the most creative thing I have ever done." - William Shatner

The Captain of sci-fi is back with his first foray into Prog Rock - a momentous concept album focusing on such rich and timeless themes as aging, depression, love and beauty!
Shatner penned all of the lyrics for the album, and his deft and poetic wordplay as well as his skilful dramatic interpretations of them is sure to delight all of his fans.
Producer extraordinaire and Prog Rock icon Billy Sherwood brings a whole host of incredibly talented musicians along for the ride, including: Steve Vai, Rick Wakeman,
HAWKWIND's Simon House & Nik Turner, FOREIGNER's Mick Jones, TANGERINE DREAM's Edgar Froese, jazz greats Al Di Meola & George Duke, country superstar Vince Gill and more!
Fresh from the success of the sci-fi themed covers project 'Seeking Major Tom' (one of CDS Towers' biggest selling titles of 2011!!!),
Shatner returns with a brand new concept album that finds the iconic actor/space adventurer with his feet firmly planted on the Earth, gazing upward at the vast universe,
pondering the many facets of conscious existence. Perhaps Shatner's most personal album to date, 'Ponder The Mystery' is filled with observations (some profound, some humorous, but always engaging)
on the nature of passing time, the agony and hidden joy of aging, the depths of depression and the glorious heights found in the beauty and wonderment of life.
Musically, the album is equally adventurous with a depth of composition and musicianship that matches the weightiness of the lyrical themes.
Billy Sherwood paints an aural landscape around Shatner's words that enhances and coalesces the underlying story. Along the way, the duo is aided by a stellar cast of heavyweight musical stars,
which sort of goes to show the sort of love and respect afforded to Shatner.
All in all, this is an experience not to be missed, a journey that, like human existence itself, uncovers more questions than answers, expressing a mystery that can never be resolved,
yet remains all the more captivating because of it.

Track List [Generic CD & LP]:
01. Red Shift
02. Where It's Gone...I Don't Know [featuring Mick Jones]
03. Manhunt [featuring Simon House]
04. Ponder The Mystery featuring Steve Vai]
05. So Am I [featuring Al Di Meola]
06. Change [featuring Rick Wakeman]
07. Sunset [featuring Joel Vandroogenbroeck]
08. Twilight [featuring Edgar Winter]
09. Rhythm Of The Night [featuring Nik Turner]
10. Imagine Things [featuring Vince Gill]
11. Do You See? [featuring Edgar Froese]
12. Deep Down [featuring Robby Krieger]
13. I'm Alright, I Think [featuring Dave Koz]
14. Where Does Time Go? [featuring George Duke]
15. Alive [featuring Zoot Horn Rollo]
r4man

Re: Edgar on Williams Shatner's prog-album.

Post by r4man »

A (very) long time ago, my father managed a men's health club in Los Angeles. Mr. Shatner was well known to me as Captain Kirk on the then current Star Trek. I was excited that he was a member of the health club and hoped to see him there. Finally he came in when I was there, but he came in without his hair piece!! What a shock!!!

The health club had a barbershop and they had just hired a new barber. My dad introduced my mom to Mr. Shatner but failed to tell her he was a TV star. Clueless, she asked "Oh, are you the new barber?" Boy did Shatner get mad at her!!
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

r4man wrote:A (very) long time ago, my father managed a men's health club in Los Angeles. Mr. Shatner was well known to me as Captain Kirk on the then current Star Trek. I was excited that he was a member of the health club and hoped to see him there. Finally he came in when I was there, but he came in without his hair piece!! What a shock!!!

The health club had a barbershop and they had just hired a new barber. My dad introduced my mom to Mr. Shatner but failed to tell her he was a TV star. Clueless, she asked "Oh, are you the new barber?" Boy did Shatner get mad at her!!
:) Nice story.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

r4man wrote:A (very) long time ago, my father managed a men's health club in Los Angeles. Mr. Shatner was well known to me as Captain Kirk on the then current Star Trek. I was excited that he was a member of the health club and hoped to see him there. Finally he came in when I was there, but he came in without his hair piece!! What a shock!!!

Lol...

To baldly go where no man has gone before... :D zzz

Great story.. :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
homeless

Post by homeless »

bigmoog wrote: Lol...

To baldly go where no man has gone before... :D zzz

Great story.. :wink:

A famous Split Infinitive.... I mean, split hairs!

:-)
ant

Post by ant »

:D Ordered!! :D
Biggus Dickus
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

I'm surprised to see Rick Wakeman working with Billy Sherwood. I was under the impression that Wakeman couldn't stand Sherwood.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Sfearical Sequence wrote:I'm surprised to see Rick Wakeman working with Billy Sherwood. I was under the impression that Wakeman couldn't stand Sherwood.

were probably never even in the same city when their parts were recorded :)
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I might buy one his single on Vinyl.

8) :mrgreen: :wink:

:!: :arrow:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I am looking forward to William Shatner new album. 8)

:!: :arrow: