GTA V

Donofrio_TD
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: GTA V

Post by Donofrio_TD »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Donofrio_TD wrote:I'm sure many people has said this before, but who cares? Either way, it's kinda funny and ironic how Edgar contradicts himself sometimes, isn't it? He's the guy who said that TD never scored games because he didn't see any point in characters that killed each other all the time to win and stuff like that, and the GTA franchise happens to be some of the most (if not THE most) violent games ever made.

Meh! Whatever. Just had to get it out of my system.
someone got out of bed the wrong side today :lol: All 4 of your posts today are pretty negative :)
Hahaha! Yeah, I know they were, but that doesn't mean they're less true. :wink: We don't have to love absolutely everything about what we love and worship all the time. Sometimes we can criticize it. That's what opinions were made for.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Donofrio_TD wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Donofrio_TD wrote:I'm sure many people has said this before, but who cares? Either way, it's kinda funny and ironic how Edgar contradicts himself sometimes, isn't it? He's the guy who said that TD never scored games because he didn't see any point in characters that killed each other all the time to win and stuff like that, and the GTA franchise happens to be some of the most (if not THE most) violent games ever made.

someone got out of bed the wrong side today :lol: All 4 of your posts today are pretty negative :)
Hahaha! Yeah, I know they were, but that doesn't mean they're less true. :wink: We don't have to love absolutely everything about what we love and worship all the time. Sometimes we can criticize it. That's what opinions were made for.
Opinion ? - yes. True ? - not necessarily..depends on your opinion :)
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Opinion ? - yes. True ? - not necessarily..depends on your opinion :)
Well, I thought that was obvious. But what I said about Herr Froese and some of his contradictions on why TD never used to score games is true. :P
mikewp

Post by mikewp »

Donofrio_TD wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Opinion ? - yes. True ? - not necessarily..depends on your opinion :)
Well, I thought that was obvious. But what I said about Herr Froese and some of his contradictions on why TD never used to score games is true. :P

What, no one is allowed to change their mind? :D

Didn't Edgar say as much during one of the interviews when GTA V was released? Something to the effect that he had no interest in video game scores but once Rockstar showed him gameplay, cutscenes, explained the structure of the game itself, he felt it was exciting and wanted to be involved.
drunkenmozart

Post by drunkenmozart »

We are not the person we were 10 minutes ago :) Why should Edgar be different ?
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

drunkenmozart wrote:We are not the person we were 10 minutes ago :) Why should Edgar be different ?
Not saying anyone SHOULD be anything. But following that way of thinking, then why do you even bother to waste your breath with ideologies and stuff if, at the end, you're not going to stand true to yourself? That just goes to show instability and dishonesty. I swear, I still love TD and Edgar is still my hero, but sometimes I can't help to recognize that this man is full of bull.
mikewp wrote:What, no one is allowed to change their mind?

Didn't Edgar say as much during one of the interviews when GTA V was released? Something to the effect that he had no interest in video game scores but once Rockstar showed him gameplay, cutscenes, explained the structure of the game itself, he felt it was exciting and wanted to be involved.
Yeah, I heard his favorite part was all the girl-beating gameplay. Kidding aside, of course he was gonna say anything. I've said this before and I'll say it again: TD (Edgar) has become a big enterprise in which the money seems to be more important these days. He could've said the exact same thing about any other game in history and it still was going to be much less violent than your latest GTA issue. Don't get me wrong, I don't care about violence in games. Love violence in games myself. The point here is Edgar and his contradictions. First he wants to look like a goody-two-shoes and later on refrains from doing so, cancels that image or whatever (not that he cares, either way). Again, Edgar is full of it. Anyway, that doesn't change the fact that I still love TD and his music, and that'll never change.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Donofrio_TD wrote:...
Spooky coincidence! I love your posts but I think you're full of shizzle :lol:
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Jon

Post by Jon »

I don't think he ever said anything about computer games, but in the early 90s he stated that he no longer wanted to be involved in film music because of the violence and mindless car chases. But I guess games are somewhat in the same vein..
Jon

Post by Jon »

mikewp wrote:
Donofrio_TD wrote:

What, no one is allowed to change their mind? :D

You forgot one crucial thing: Rockstar also showed him the paycheck. :lol:
drunkenmozart

Post by drunkenmozart »

redziller wrote:
Donofrio_TD wrote:...
Spooky coincidence! I love your posts but I think you're full of shizzle :lol:

Shizzle, Yeah !
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

Jon wrote:

I don't think he ever said anything about computer games, but in the early 90s he stated that he no longer wanted to be involved in film music because of the violence and mindless car chases. But I guess games are somewhat in the same vein..
From the Tangerine Dream website F.A.Q. ...

-----------------------------------------------------

Q. # 35 Why TD did never get into making scores for video games or producing music and sounds for PC entertainment in general?

Edgar Froese: There is definitely good earning potential in that, but the price you have to pay as an artist is far too high in my eyes. I don’t want to see all of the violence and not good that characterizes most of the games that exist. Killing, fighting, monsters against monsters, does anyone cool and intelligent need that at the outset of the 21st century? I’m not talking about this from a moral or ethical point of view; nothing is really ethical on this planet. What my concern is, is very simple to explain: you have to devote your artistic, mental and emotional skills to something which in most cases isn’t even worth a dime. Besides that, force and the unlimited power of using it even on a virtual level will sooner or later destroy all these very sensitive feelings within you. There’s an very old saying: force creates force.
What fun is it to kill others even on a virtual level?
What’s so cool about it?
Can anybody explain it logically?

-----------------------------------------------------

Well, he definitely found something worth thousands of dimes on the latest GTA installment: His royalties. :P
redziller wrote:...
drunkenmozart wrote:Shizzle, Yeah !
It ain't and you know it. :wink:
drunkenmozart

Post by drunkenmozart »

I wasn't doubting Edgar said those things, I just think the comments that were made about Edgar being "full of it" were unnecessary, and, yes, unkind.
We all have to compromise our beliefs, often many times during the course of our lives, and in our dealings with people, sometimes on a daily basis.Hence my comment that Edgar is no different to the rest of us.You come on this forum and write such things, why? Are you so "holy" that you may judge others ? Or do you just want to provoke some reaction ? Edgars' music has touched millions with joy, whats your legacy ?
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

drunkenmozart wrote:I wasn't doubting Edgar said those things, I just think the comments that were made about Edgar being "full of it" were unnecessary, and, yes, unkind.
We all have to compromise our beliefs, often many times during the course of our lives, and in our dealings with people, sometimes on a daily basis.Hence my comment that Edgar is no different to the rest of us.You come on this forum and write such things, why? Are you so "holy" that you may judge others ? Or do you just want to provoke some reaction ? Edgars' music has touched millions with joy, whats your legacy ?
I'm a fan, and I care about what I love, and since I do, I have the right to criticise it sometimes if I feel let down or somehow cheated by it. I mean no disrespect to E. Froese. In many ways, he's the man responsible for making me love music and art in the way that I do now, but sometimes he lies and contradicts himself a lot. Sorry if I seem unkind to you, but I'm being sincere and honest here. When it comes down to such things, I don't know any other ("kinder") way to put it. It would diminish or water down the point I'm trying to make. It's not "judging", it's criticising and I'm definitely not "so holy" or holier than anybody. TD's music and Edgar's solo work is and has always been brilliant. No doubt about that. But everything seems to be so business-oriented these days. That in itself is not a problem, but the quality has also dropped a lot and almost everything in the TD Universe is being recycled now. Edgar doesn't seem to care about the art itself anymore but just about its income. This whole "scoring games contradiction" stuff is just one little example. And let me tell you something else. He's definitely different to the rest of us: He CREATED a trademark, he made up something to be followed in the entire Universe and even was the pioneer in creating his own field. He doesn't have to "compromise his beliefs" and his "dealings with people" nowadays like you and I if he doesn't choose to. Not even on a daily basis.

Am I trying to provoke some reaction? No, I'm just voicing my opinion on what I'm observing lately, which, to me at least, is preoccupying to some extent, because it means that TD is somehow reaching its inevitable end. So don't come to me with this "what's your legacy?" shizzle. Compared to Edgar and his band, you and I are on equal ground, of course, but that's not the point. Again, sorry if I seem "unkind" to you, but sometimes such things make me mad and I feel I have to speak my mind without any euphemisms. It would be criminal not to (I was gonna let it go, by the way, but you continued it, so I had to explain myself further). Nothing's gonna change either way: I will continue with my posts and observations and Edgar and TD don't care about Donofrio_TD's opinion on the official TD internet forum. They will continue to do what they feel is right. Sometimes we'll love it, sometimes we'll hate it, but we will always be allowed to criticise it. That's great.

By the way, yes, Edgar is full of it, but so what? I'M the one who cares enough to post a lot of drivel about it, so don't try to find offense where there just isn't, man. Get off my case.
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Even Mr Froese has to have a pension plan in place, why not make some good money on GTA V ??

People are entitled to change their mind after all :)
drunkenmozart

Post by drunkenmozart »

Donofrio_TD wrote:
drunkenmozart wrote:I wasn't doubting Edgar said those things, I just think the comments that were made about Edgar being "full of it" were unnecessary, and, yes, unkind.
I'm a fan, and I care about what I love, and since I do, I have the right to criticise it sometimes if I feel let down or somehow cheated by it. I mean no disrespect to E. Froese. In many ways, he's the man responsible for making me love music and art in the way that I do now, but sometimes he lies and contradicts himself a lot. Sorry if I seem unkind to you, but I'm being sincere and honest here. When it comes down to such things, I don't know any other ("kinder") way to put it. It would diminish or water down the point I'm trying to make. It's not "judging", it's criticising and I'm definitely not "so holy" or holier than anybody. TD's music and Edgar's solo work is and has always been brilliant. No doubt about that. But everything seems to be so business-oriented these days. That in itself is not a problem, but the quality has also dropped a lot and almost everything in the TD Universe is being recycled now. Edgar doesn't seem to care about the art itself anymore but just about its income. This whole "scoring games contradiction" stuff is just one little example. And let me tell you something else. He's definitely different to the rest of us: He CREATED a trademark, he made up something to be followed in the entire Universe and even was the pioneer in creating his own field. He doesn't have to "compromise his beliefs" and his "dealings with people" nowadays like you and I if he doesn't choose to. Not even on a daily basis.

Am I trying to provoke some reaction? No, I'm just voicing my opinion on what I'm observing lately, which, to me at least, is preoccupying to some extent, because it means that TD is somehow reaching its inevitable end. So don't come to me with this "what's your legacy?" shizzle. Compared to Edgar and his band, you and I are on equal ground, of course, but that's not the point. Again, sorry if I seem "unkind" to you, but sometimes such things make me mad and I feel I have to speak my mind without any euphemisms. It would be criminal not to (I was gonna let it go, by the way, but you continued it, so I had to explain myself further). Nothing's gonna change either way: I will continue with my posts and observations and Edgar and TD don't care about Donofrio_TD's opinion on the official TD internet forum. They will continue to do what they feel is right. Sometimes we'll love it, sometimes we'll hate it, but we will always be allowed to criticise it. That's great.

By the way, yes, Edgar is full of it, but so what? I'M the one who cares enough to post a lot of drivel about it, so don't try to find offense where there just isn't, man. Get off my case.

Cor Blimey, touched nerves there ! Apologies for that. You had your say, and I had mine, shall we leave it there ? I'm not offended if you want to call it a day.
Only one thing, saying I continued it and you were going to leave it is like saying the "fight broke out when
he hit me back" :)
Last edited by drunkenmozart on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.