GTA V

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: GTA V

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Behave, naughty children or I'll make you listen to "Waiting For Cousteau" :lol:
(now awaiting response from someone to say "I really love that album"... :roll: )
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Behave, naughty children or I'll make you listen to "Waiting For Cousteau" :lol:
(now awaiting response from someone to say "I really love that album"... :roll: )
Well, actually.........................
I quite like side 2 in an ambientish kind of way, although I have not listened to it for at least 10 years. :wink:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Steve C wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Behave, naughty children or I'll make you listen to "Waiting For Cousteau" :lol:
I quite like side 2 in an ambientish kind of way, although I have not listened to it for at least 10 years. :wink:
well, they do say "there's always one". Looks like it's you :)
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

I DO love that Album! "side 2", that is, i.e. the Extended Version on the cd. have played it numerous times when writing university papers, articles etc. very soothing!
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Steve C wrote:
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Steve C wrote:
Yep, looks like its me !

I really like the early Jarre stuff, up to Magnetic Fields, but in my opinion, his later output was patchy at best. Still remember going into HMV in Stockton on Tees in the 70's and hearing Oxygene at top volume for the first time and being mightily impressed. It was almost, but not quite a 70's TD moment !
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Waiting For Cousteau
One of my all time favorite ambient pieces. Masterfully made by JMJ. And since then I have always wished he would make more ambient. But seems this will be his only attempt. But it is an amazing track which I have listened to countless times.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Insvims wrote:
One of my all time favorite ambient pieces. Masterfully made by JMJ. And since then I have always wished he would make more ambient. But seems this will be his only attempt. But it is an amazing track which I have listened to countless times.
Thank you Multivit72 & Insvims ! There are now 3 of us 8)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Steve C wrote:
Insvims wrote:
Who are you, the new Genesis ? ;)

sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Steve C wrote:
Insvims wrote:
I prefer the first side with the 3 calypso tracks ..long ambient piece is not good.. :mrgreen: nah seriously Cousteau is the last ''good'' album Jarre made IMO..
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

That makes 4 of us now in the Cousteau fan club. At this rate, we'll have to start a new thread.................
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

drunkenmozart wrote:Cor Blimey, touched nerves there ! Apologies for that. You had your say, and I had mine, shall we leave it there ? I'm not offended if you want to call it a day.
Only one thing, saying I continued it and you were going to leave it is like saying the "fight broke out when
he hit me back" :)
Yeah, except I wasn't fighting with you or anyone. I was only making a point, as peacefully as I can get. You touched no nerves of mine there, but I certaily touched yours, so further explanation from my part was absolutely necessary. I never tried to offend you, and I certainly never forced you or anyone to follow my opinions and ideologies to the core. Not even to any extent at all, so there's no real reason to call it a day for. We were not fighting, just establishing POV's. The whole "get off my case" thingy is simple. It's clear to me you won't ever understand my point, and I'm too tired now of writing the same jibber-jabber over and over again.
drunkenmozart

Post by drunkenmozart »

Donofrio_TD wrote:
drunkenmozart wrote:Cor Blimey, touched nerves there ! Apologies for that. You had your say, and I had mine, shall we leave it there ? I'm not offended if you want to call it a day.
Only one thing, saying I continued it and you were going to leave it is like saying the "fight broke out when
Yeah, except I wasn't fighting with you or anyone. I was only making a point, as peacefully as I can get. You touched no nerves of mine there, but I certaily touched yours, so further explanation from my part was absolutely necessary. I never tried to offend you, and I certainly never forced you or anyone to follow my opinions and ideologies to the core. Not even to any extent at all, so there's no real reason to call it a day for. We were not fighting, just establishing POV's. The whole "get off my case" thingy is simple. It's clear to me you won't ever understand my point, and I'm too tired now of writing the same jibber-jabber over and over again.
OK.Just chill.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Donofrio_TD wrote:

:roll:
.:roll:
..:roll:
...:roll:
....:roll:
.....:roll:
......:roll:
.......:roll:
........:roll:
.........:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
redziller

Post by redziller »

Steve C wrote:That makes 4 of us now in the Cousteau fan club. At this rate, we'll have to start a new thread.................
The only JMJ I can stomach - I see him as a Kaus Wunderlich with better keyboards :mrgreen: - IMHO USW
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
rigel

Post by rigel »

Ah, Waiting for Cousteau! I like this album, it takes me back to when I first heard it in 1990. I agree it's the last great album from Jean Michel Jarre. (Some good stuff since, but only in patches IMHO.)

I think the side long ambient piece is beautiful, strange and different...although I haven't listened to it in ages. I also like the three calypso tracks. Calypso 2 in particular... it blew me away when I first heard it. Am I the only one who LOVES Calypso part 2 and think it's one of the most stunning tracks JMJ ever produced?