Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:49 am
Posts: 296
theonehorst wrote:
Just listen to it via iTunes. So great! Really! Nice remix of classic TD-Sounds. It shows the TD needs some fresh style. Sadly when Jerome left, it startet to become a bit boring and overloaded with all that opera-singing (just my opinion).


You obviously don't know The Five Atomic Seasons and the Sonic Poems Series of the last years - very strong TD albums!
GTA V is great as well, but TD is TD is TD is TD.....:-)

I really hope that TD will get a release of their GTA V solo compositions as well - that would be cool! I love the full TD sound...!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 66
There's some very good music in the game... but it bears no relation to the official score soundtrack, with 2 or 3 exceptions. This is a nice example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCThRN-SIVE

The official score release is obviously geared to a wider audience... but as I'm playing the game it is frustrating that the great TD stuff I'm hearing isn't available anywhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
mikewp wrote:
There's some very good music in the game... but it bears no relation to the official score soundtrack, with 2 or 3 exceptions. This is a nice example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCThRN-SIVE

The official score release is obviously geared to a wider audience... but as I'm playing the game it is frustrating that the great TD stuff I'm hearing isn't available anywhere.


My son is right into this game at the moment. He told me the other night that there is a very tense helicopter bit in the gameplay with some excellent, what he assumes is, TD music to soothe the nerves. Said it's ace.

Hope we get some sort of release of the actual TD stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 36
I would expected interviews with Edgar to appear or similar things by now. After all this is the biggest project TD has ever participated in - at least since Thief (interesting similarity in topic!). GTA V has already earned Rockstar a billion (!) dollars. It is played world-wide by hundreds of thousands. Yet TD or their agency don't seem to be very interested to use the effects of being in a production like this - strange IMO. Even if you look at German websites dealing with video games, there has been no mention of a German band being involved in the soundtrack, which should actually be big news.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:22 am
Posts: 46
mikewp wrote:
There's some very good music in the game... but it bears no relation to the official score soundtrack, with 2 or 3 exceptions. This is a nice example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCThRN-SIVE

The official score release is obviously geared to a wider audience... but as I'm playing the game it is frustrating that the great TD stuff I'm hearing isn't available anywhere.



There is more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkK52TNnpYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz2_PZG1N5w


and another version of "pause menu" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_TCxyTq ... mYs5fa-1Lg

Enjoy :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 am
Posts: 1415
theonehorst wrote:
Just listen to it via iTunes. So great! Really! Nice remix of classic TD-Sounds. It shows the TD needs some fresh style. Sadly when Jerome left, it startet to become a bit boring and overloaded with all that opera-singing (just my opinion).

And then when they finished Dante... Another whole new TD chapter erupted.

_________________
public class Geeks : IEarth { }


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
td fan wrote:
mikewp wrote:
There's some very good music in the game... but it bears no relation to the official score soundtrack, with 2 or 3 exceptions. This is a nice example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCThRN-SIVE

The official score release is obviously geared to a wider audience... but as I'm playing the game it is frustrating that the great TD stuff I'm hearing isn't available anywhere.



There is more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkK52TNnpYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz2_PZG1N5w


and another version of "pause menu" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_TCxyTq ... mYs5fa-1Lg

Enjoy :)



"Three's Company Mission Theme" 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :D Love it!

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
My son tells me he has completed the main game and is now doing the various side issues.

There is one when you have to fly a helecopter under all the main bridges in the world, he advises that there is really cool TD music playing during said tasks.

Wonder what that is .

Hope we are getting ALL this stuff released 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 66
har wrote:
My son tells me he has completed the main game and is now doing the various side issues.

There is one when you have to fly a helecopter under all the main bridges in the world, he advises that there is really cool TD music playing during said tasks.

Wonder what that is .

Hope we are getting ALL this stuff released 8)



There's a wonderful theme that plays as the main character flies a helicopter for the first time, a very nice moment with the chopper high over the city, which is sparkling in the night... very cinematic, and the silky TD score just nails that moment.

Aside from the more propulsive "action" music, there's some very good slow suspenseful music cues for missions where you basically are doing surveillance.

I noticed on the player above the GTA track there already has an what seems to be an Edgar-bestowed title and even what may be an album name ... so I DO think there may be an album of sorts in the works.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
My youngest Son purchased the game,and has completed it.... he liked the music to :shock: 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:58 pm
Posts: 156
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Dear epsilon75,

How old is your youngest son? 12 :-)

Going to play the game less than 2 days from now since I turn 50 wednesday....

Dream on, guys!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 66
Ravnnet wrote:
Dear epsilon75,

How old is your youngest son? 12 :-)

Going to play the game less than 2 days from now since I turn 50 wednesday....

Dream on, guys!



Well, I'm 51 and working my way through the game... man there is some good music here... just finished a mission "Fresh Meat" involving a huge shootout at a butcher's shop/warehouse...and the music is great, very very tense ! Man we need a CD ... or TWO ..of this stuff!

And the skydiving music as well is bright, upbeat... so many tracks have that 80's vibe with great sequencer riffs... oh man :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:45 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Germany
mikewp wrote:
Ravnnet wrote:
Dear epsilon75,

How old is your youngest son? 12 :-)

Going to play the game less than 2 days from now since I turn 50 wednesday....

Dream on, guys!



Well, I'm 51 and working my way through the game... man there is some good music here... just finished a mission "Fresh Meat" involving a huge shootout at a butcher's shop/warehouse...and the music is great, very very tense ! Man we need a CD ... or TWO ..of this stuff!

And the skydiving music as well is bright, upbeat... so many tracks have that 80's vibe with great sequencer riffs... oh man :D


You can buy the soundtrack on itunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/music ... d712687020

_________________
www.nasendackel.de


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 66
theonehorst wrote:
You can buy the soundtrack on itunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/music ... d712687020



Yes, however, only two or three tracks on the existing soundtrack sound anything like the game score :cry: The actual in-game music is very different, more like past film scores TD has recorded.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GTA V
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
loads on youtube . download and burn to CDR


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
Page 5 of 15 [ 212 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage