BOOSTER VI is coming

TD Eye
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: BOOSTER VI is coming

Post by TD Eye »

That's great news EB! :D
Devices warming up! 8)
Members and non-members only please.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
ant wrote::) Should be on the way today with a little bit of luck. That gives two weeks for the Royal Snail to get them to us here in the UK by Christmas. We live in hopes!! :roll:

Quote from Edgar: "....If you will give your snail post officer a straight whiplash tomorrow,
the Dream goods will be delivered in time for X-mas - they have left our office today!"

Best,
E.B. (ADMIN)
Yes! Great news! :-D
Ravnnet

Post by Ravnnet »

Now Booster VI is played in Copenhagen! NP Asheville Sunrise - dark rhytmic piece :mrgreen:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Ravnnet wrote:Now Booster VI is played in Copenhagen! NP Asheville Sunrise - dark rhytmic piece :mrgreen:
Is it different from the Knights of Asheville version?
Good that the items have arrived in Denmark. :-)
I guess it's a bit early yet for Norway, but I eagerly go to the post box every day to look for it. :-)
Ravnnet

Post by Ravnnet »

Hope you get it soon in Norway.
Asheville Sunrise is remastered different, but same music.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Ravnnet wrote:Hope you get it soon in Norway.
Asheville Sunrise is remastered different, but same music.
remastered or mixed?
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

The Dangerous Miles

There is some well known samples in there, but I can't remember in which track they are used before. It may even be a very re-worked version of that track. Anyone?

Booster VI as a whole is fantastic. The new tracks are amazing music!
32 years + counting

Post by 32 years + counting »

Quite possibly the best of the series, in terms of variety, eras and re-mixes etc.

Lovely to see GHAZAL on there....always really loved that bass line. One of my favourite Froese / Haslinger tracks. The extended live version is gorgeous....due for a comeback I reckon!

Stand out new tracks for me though are TQ's VELVET MERIDIAN and especially AGONY OF SUSPENSE. Turn that one up super loud and just bask....
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Does Ancient Powerplant appear to be the same as the version on Ocean Waves Collection ?
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

Insvims wrote:The Dangerous Miles

There is some well known samples in there, but I can't remember in which track they are used before. It may even be a very re-worked version of that track. Anyone?

"The Dangerous Mile" contains samples from "The Moondog Connection" (from "Chandra"). :wink:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

MrCox wrote:
Insvims wrote:The Dangerous Miles

"The Dangerous Mile" contains samples from "The Moondog Connection" (from "Chandra"). :wink:
Ah, thank you so much! I knew it was something familiar. :D
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

I think it's a fine collection again.
As there weren't many new studio recordings last year, TD chose to present some (more or less) rare soundtrack music from the past and a lot of brand new material.

When you think about the new versions presented on "Cruise To Destiny" you could believe there is a "Optical Race 2014" in the pipeline. After great new re-recordings of "Sun Gate" and "Cat Scan" follows on "Booster VI" "Marrakesh 2013", "Mothers Of Rain" and a remixed version of "Ghazal". :wink:

But there's a total of 5 new compositions, 4 new remixes of TD classics and a cover of The Doors' "The Crystal Ship". It seems that this was the "missing" third choice by Bernhard Beibl on "Under Cover". :)

But again there's a strange error on my second "Booster VI" disc. On "Ghazal", "Tutankhama" and "Puer Natus Est Nobis" the tracks start at the wrong mark. The first 15 seconds of "Tutankhama" are part of the track "Ghazal" and the first 15 seconds of "Puer Natus" are at the end of the "Tutankhama" track.
Is this little error on all copies of this CD? :?:

Whatever, I love these "Booster" compilations. I think the sixth edition is one of the best so far, on par with "Booster II". :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

MrCox wrote:I think it's a fine collection again.
As there weren't many new studio recordings last year, TD chose to present some (more or less) rare soundtrack music from the past and a lot of brand new material.

When you think about the new versions presented on "Cruise To Destiny" you could believe there is a "Optical Race 2014" in the pipeline. After great new re-recordings of "Sun Gate" and "Cat Scan" follows on "Booster VI" "Marrakesh 2013", "Mothers Of Rain" and a remixed version of "Ghazal". :wink:

But there's a total of 5 new compositions, 4 new remixes of TD classics and a cover of The Doors' "The Crystal Ship". It seems that this was the "missing" third choice by Bernhard Beibl on "Under Cover". :)

But again there's a strange error on my second "Booster VI" disc. On "Ghazal", "Tutankhama" and "Puer Natus Est Nobis" the tracks start at the wrong mark. The first 15 seconds of "Tutankhama" are part of the track "Ghazal" and the first 15 seconds of "Puer Natus" are at the end of the "Tutankhama" track.
Is this little error on all copies of this CD? :?:

Whatever, I love these "Booster" compilations. I think the sixth edition is one of the best so far, on par with "Booster II". :D
My Booster VI has the same flaw..not too bothered as the music is excellent..
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Me also with disc 2. Didn't notice it until after a few plays, but it's there. Not a matter of concern, as it's a great cd.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

This CD will be on my Wish list Very Very Soon.

:!: :arrow: