Memorabilia

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Memorabilia

Post by ant »

:( I have tinkered with a guitar from time to time but no not really. I have a friend who was in a band many years ago but keeps his finger in still so I might let him have a go some time. I really bought it just as a piece of memorobilia and to have on display taking pride of place in my TD colection. I suppose like a person collects works of art I just really want it as something that the great man himself has touched and played over the years. :D
Biggus Dickus
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

ant wrote::( I have tinkered with a guitar from time to time but no not really. I have a friend who was in a band many years ago but keeps his finger in still so I might let him have a go some time. I really bought it just as a piece of memorobilia and to have on display taking pride of place in my TD colection. I suppose like a person collects works of art I just really want it as something that the great man himself has touched and played over the years. :D

ell done anyway :) Hope you have a long time of appreciation for it.
Gonna get it framed to display on a wall in the house ?
ant

Post by ant »

:) Yes I am thinking of putting it in some kind of display cabinet along with the certificate of authenticity etc and the pic of Edgar playing it. Should look good. :)
Biggus Dickus
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Great to see a true TD fan getting this great guitar. For the synthesiser players amongst us, I'm waiting to see if we might see some synth goodies on the memorabilia site soon ........ hint, Edgar !
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

The White Stratocaster is winging its way out here to Western Australia. While I was away working up in
Murrin Murrin my lovely wife noticed it on sale & knew I would just love it ….as a belated birthday present .
It was only weeks ago I was out shopping around for a replacement guitar for the Stratocaster I had to leave in Ireland
in 2010 as I was departing out to Australia. I did manage to buy a Epiphone Les Paul 100 model …. it was at reduced price.
But when I got home I was told of the email she received from Eastgate about the purchase & I couldn't believe it was real
until I seen that Edgar's White Fender was going to join the ElectroCelt range of instruments … So you will still hear Edgar's
famous guitar playing in some upcoming tracks … recently I have been playing more guitar in my tracks & ever since
Tim had passed away his trademark sound is missing from the ElectroCelt sound. Tim worked on many tracks with me via the wav file
transfer from one country to another then to perform live in Dublin on two gigs without a real rehearsal was amazing how he
picked up on the spot in front of a full house. So there is the connection to the white Fender though Tim was more of a Gibson man himself
I learned on a Fender when starting out

Taximan431 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D
ant

Post by ant »

:) Congratulations Taximan431. Sounds like you will have lots of good times ahead with Edgar's Fender. :D
Biggus Dickus
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Look forward to hearing your compositions using the master's guitar :) 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Congratulations on the purchase Geoff 8) I hope it brings your many hours of pleasure in future years. It really is a joy to see these items going to fans that appreciate and have followed Tangerine Dream through the years :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Following this thread, I'm really impressed how many on the forum are musicians themselves - maybe we should compile a list?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Taximan431 wrote:The White Stratocaster is winging its way out here to Western Australia. While I was away working up in
Murrin Murrin my lovely wife noticed it on sale & knew I would just love it ….as a belated birthday present .
It was only weeks ago I was out shopping around for a replacement guitar for the Stratocaster I had to leave in Ireland
in 2010 as I was departing out to Australia. I did manage to buy a Epiphone Les Paul 100 model …. it was at reduced price.
But when I got home I was told of the email she received from Eastgate about the purchase & I couldn't believe it was real
until I seen that Edgar's White Fender was going to join the ElectroCelt range of instruments … So you will still hear Edgar's
famous guitar playing in some upcoming tracks … recently I have been playing more guitar in my tracks & ever since
Tim had passed away his trademark sound is missing from the ElectroCelt sound. Tim worked on many tracks with me via the wav file
transfer from one country to another then to perform live in Dublin on two gigs without a real rehearsal was amazing how he
picked up on the spot in front of a full house. So there is the connection to the white Fender though Tim was more of a Gibson man himself
I learned on a Fender when starting out

Taximan431 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D
I am sure that Tim would have appreciated these guitar's,and would have loved the Gibson himself. You made some really nice music together,for sure:
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Thanks Colin yes I would have imagined Tim buying the Gibson for sure & this would have taken a special place in his studio. There are some tracks at the moment somewhere on the many hard drives I have down here with me that features more of Tim's fine playing & over time I will come across them & post a finished version from these jam sessions . Talking of Jam sessions I am to perform a 30 min set here from my living room in the near future … this event is run by http://www.livingroomjam.com … this might a good chance to show case the White Fender in action…. I will keep you posted on when this is to take place …. its was through triple j unearthed radio that this event emerged on my doorstep .

Taximan431 ( ElectroCelt)
Justin

Post by Justin »

How cool is that Geoff?!
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Good luck with the show Geoff 8)
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Yes Justin a bit of working out the set up but a few trials & we"ll get it ….. as regards the Fender "Super Cool "

Taximan431 :D
ant

Post by ant »

:D The ESP Custom Guitar is now in my hands. Just holding it knowing the great man himself has played this on such legendary music like Tangram sends shivers down my spine!! A terrific piece of TD History. Thank you so much Edgar. :D
Biggus Dickus