Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
Edgar's re-recorded version of Stuntman? Or Ambient Highways #3?

Discuss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
I like both but if I had to choose I would say the original.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
sparrow wrote:
I like both but if I had to choose I would say the original.


Sparrow! You changed the question. Of course the original Stuntman wins, hands down. But that was not one of the choices.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
rattymouse wrote:
sparrow wrote:
I like both but if I had to choose I would say the original.


Sparrow! You changed the question. Of course the original Stuntman wins, hands down. But that was not one of the choices.


Ahh!! Isee now Tom. I don't particularly like any of the AH albums as the sound quality on a lot of the tracks is too distorted. The re rec Stuntman is OK but I wish EF had left all his solo albums alone. I own the originals and all the re recs but don't play the re recs at all anymore. EIMP is dire on his new version Aqua is one EF's worst reworking IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
sparrow wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
sparrow wrote:
I like both but if I had to choose I would say the original.


Sparrow! You changed the question. Of course the original Stuntman wins, hands down. But that was not one of the choices.


Ahh!! Isee now Tom. I don't particularly like any of the AH albums as the sound quality on a lot of the tracks is too distorted. The re rec Stuntman is OK but I wish EF had left all his solo albums alone. I own the originals and all the re recs but don't play the re recs at all anymore. EIMP is dire on his new version Aqua is one EF's worst reworking IMO.


I never bought any of the re recs since I own the originals. Each of the AH albums has a re rec song from his solo albums. I wonder if they are the exact same as on the re-recs.

I try like hell to like the AH albums, but they are tough going. Waaay too much filller in there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 221
Location: The long way returning from the Orange Dreamland
The re-recorded one, but the original still wins.

_________________
The way a world of dreams is going on!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
tangmaster wrote:
The re-recorded one, but the original still wins.


I agree 100% :arrow: 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage