Free download, question....

tangerine62
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Free download, question....

Post by tangerine62 »

Every time for the last week I have tried to download the free music, given on the coupon at the Shepherds Bush concert. I put all my details in and when I put the country in and press continue, the country goes blank and a window pops up and asks me to put a country in. What is this all about?.....seems like an error to me......I am pretty miffed at this. are we getting a free download or are we not.
GaryNovaScotia

Re: Free download, is it a con?

Post by GaryNovaScotia »

I got mine tonight (Gate of Saturn) :) What a generous gesture from TD. Easy process for me. Can't guess what is wrong on your end. I was using Opera browser, maybe try a different one than you did first try?

Gary C
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Re: Free download, question.....

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

tangerine62 wrote:Every time for the last week I have tried to download the free music, given on the coupon at the Shepherds Bush concert. I put all my details in and when I put the country in and press continue, the country goes blank and a window pops up and asks me to put a country in. What is this all about?.....seems like an error to me......I am pretty miffed at this. are we getting a free download or are we not.
Hi tangerine62,

First of all, we never play games with our fans. Secondly, hundreds of our fans already downloaded the free music with their coupon code without having any problems at all. Thirdly, it's not a mistake WE produced but you should check your browser or your personal computer options. If you try again for example with another browser it should work. In our experience - when people complain about our downloads "not working" - in 99% of all cases the error can be found in their private computers, which have not been updated or refreshed for a long time or even very often the computer user is not skilled enough to handle his computer. Last but not least please just send a mail to eastgate and we will give you an alternative link, so that you will receive your download in any case. In the last days we could only answer infrequently, because we all were on tour and still are until 10th June. Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
paul wood

Re: Free download, question....

Post by paul wood »

I can only echo the EB's sentiments above. A couple of years back I was having lots of trouble downloading the 'Rocking Out The Bats' mp3. After a lot of frustration on my part it turned out that the cause of the problem was my inability to properly open the zip file. Simple mistake. The customer service from the guys at Eastgate was marvellous. They were really helpful. Everytime I play the mp3 I am reminded of this. We should all be grateful that TD are backed up by such a great team!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
tangerine62 wrote:Every time for the last week I have tried to download the free music, given on the coupon at the Shepherds Bush concert. I put all my details in and when I put the country in and press continue, the country goes blank and a window pops up and asks me to put a country in. What is this all about?.....seems like an error to me......I am pretty miffed at this. are we getting a free download or are we not.
Hi tangerine62,

First of all, we never play games with our fans. Secondly, hundreds of our fans already downloaded the free music with their coupon code without having any problems at all. Thirdly, it's not a mistake WE produced but you should check your browser or your personal computer options. If you try again for example with another browser it should work. In our experience - when people complain about our downloads "not working" - in 99% of all cases the error can be found in their private computers, which have not been updated or refreshed for a long time or even very often the computer user is not skilled enough to handle his computer. Last but not least please just send a mail to eastgate and we will give you an alternative link, so that you will receive your download in any case. In the last days we could only answer infrequently, because we all were on tour and still are until 10th June. Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
Not the most polite answer, to be honest. :roll:
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Jon wrote:Not the most polite answer, to be honest. :roll:
The way of complaining was not perfectly polite neither, so I think that answer was quite justified...
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

TDludo wrote:
Jon wrote:Not the most polite answer, to be honest. :roll:
The way of complaining was not perfectly polite neither, so I think that answer was quite justified...
I agree, TD Ludo
tangerine62

Post by tangerine62 »

The question was more than reasonable....and I know enough about computers and the like to know that the problem lies with this web site, that it is probably incompatible with internet explorer. Why should I change my browser? surely it's only right that this website that is offering freebies should be compatible across the board.....I've even formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows. Thinking it may have been a problem on my side.....but it isn't. So what now?

Also I probably am more skilled than most on this site when it comes to computers....so that's not the problem. I also sent an email to Eastgate but it appears to have been rubber eared. So do not disrespect me, get your own house in order first.
ant

Post by ant »

:( Isn't it a bit silly to get so heated over a download? It's not the end of the world is it? Would hate to think what would happen if it was something really serious! EB's answer was reasonable and as he said in most cases people are ok with the download. If you are still having problems then keep contacting them, I am sure you will get a response and it will be sorted. Remember they have been busy until Tuesday just gone with the concerts!! :o
Biggus Dickus
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Eastgate have always been kind, polite and really helpful to me in the past, and although their response to you may seem a bit off, so was your own original post.....

After all, it's only a download tangerine62 :roll:

Let's all be happy people :D
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

tangerine62 wrote:The question was more than reasonable....and I know enough about computers and the like to know that the problem lies with this web site, that it is probably incompatible with internet explorer. Why should I change my browser? surely it's only right that this website that is offering freebies should be compatible across the board.....I've even formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows. Thinking it may have been a problem on my side.....but it isn't. So what now?

Also I probably am more skilled than most on this site when it comes to computers....so that's not the problem. I also sent an email to Eastgate but it appears to have been rubber eared. So do not disrespect me, get your own house in order first.
@tangerine62
You might reverse the question. Is IE compatible with the web ?
It's a known fact that Microsoft does not use the web standards for 100%(understatement) but uses its own standards.
Use firefox, opera, chrome if IE won't work on a website.
Until now I did not try to download some music, most albums I own on CD.
But in the next days I will try.

I fully agree with the statement of EB.
If most users are able to download, and some are not, the issue is to the few users, and not to the website!
Just an advice, be always polite to eastgate, because they are always helpfull, polite and understanding to the fans, forum users, everyone.

Peter
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

pb2rdf wrote:
tangerine62 wrote:The question was more than reasonable....and I know enough about computers and the like to know that the problem lies with this web site, that it is probably incompatible with internet explorer. Why should I change my browser? surely it's only right that this website that is offering freebies should be compatible across the board.....I've even formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows. Thinking it may have been a problem on my side.....but it isn't. So what now?

@tangerine62
You might reverse the question. Is IE compatible with the web ?
It's a known fact that Microsoft does not use the web standards for 100%(understatement) but uses its own standards.
Use firefox, opera, chrome if IE won't work on a website.
Until now I did not try to download some music, most albums I own on CD.
But in the next days I will try.

I fully agree with the statement of EB.
If most users are able to download, and some are not, the issue is to the few users, and not to the website!
Just an advice, be always polite to eastgate, because they are always helpfull, polite and understanding to the fans, forum users, everyone.

Peter
Just made a succesfull download.
The albums one can choose from I already own on hardcopy ..... :oops:

So only for the new TD fan interesting.
Peter