New CupDisc

Donofrio_TD
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: New CupDisc

Post by Donofrio_TD »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Please drop that already tiring and over-used new-agey electro/dance muzak style
You've actually not heard much of the recent stuff, if you think that.........
Sorcerer '14, The Castle, Chandra II, Starmus, even Josephine, they all have these poppish and somewhat new agey dance electro beats/tunes from time to time. The problem is not the rhytm or even the style, but that they sound too digitalized and yes, false. Perhaps what I meant to say was "drop a few digital lines" or "try not to use the drum machine/musical computer a lot"? Yeah, maybe. I mean, in this context, how can something like "Force Majeure" from the 70's (which at some point has some 'disco' beats as well), "Le Parc" from the 80's, "Turn of the Tides" from the 90's, and even The Atomic Seasons from the last 4 to 7 years, how can they sound so authentic, like made out of actual flesh and bones, and something like "Starmus", "The Castle" and "Sorcerer '14" sound so plastic and computerized? I know technology is awesome but TD is coming to a point where they're already overusing it. Perhaps there's hope: "Josephine The Mouse Singer", the latest cupdisc issue, was the least of these offenders, with perhaps only a couple of moments where they overdo it again. These sounds are great but sometimes I can't help to notice that they become sort of derivative. That's what plastifies them.

But you're right. Perhaps I should've worded my post better.