Mala Kunia

Okefenokee
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Mala Kunia

Post by Okefenokee »

Hi,

just listened to the new "long run cupdisc" Mala Kunia.
Well, after the announcement of a new era, I expected something very new and experimental. But from the first to the last note it sounds like Edgar Froese. It's not a bad disc, it's quite good, but I wouldn't call it a new era.
Tracks 1 and 3 are co-written by Ulrich Schnauss. I haven't heard his solo stuff, but the tracks sound like Edgar (they remind me of the Froese/Haslinger stuff). Only exception is the last track, which is written by Thorsten Quaeschning and sounds like Thorsten (the only "different sounding" track). The other four tracks are written by Edgar.

Dirk
TDludo

Re: Mala Kunia

Post by TDludo »

I listened to Mala Kunia three times now, and I think it's a very good Cupdisc...

Only two tracks are weaker IMHO (the 2nd and 4th tracks), because they sound like variations of previous Edgar's compositions. But the rest is really nice and "new things" are there !
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
La force du courage
Location: Herblay (about 25 km northwest of Lutèce, capital of France)

Post by La force du courage »

Hello all,

I received Mala Kunia on Wednesday morning, I listened to it immediately, and I agree with you TDludo, it's a good album.

I have an announcement : There was a dispatch mistake from Eastgate with my order because there was a second Mala Kunia CD in the parcel which was for a man in Germany. I discussed about that with Bianca yesterday, she asked me to send to this man the cupdisc and I did it on Thursday afternoon. So if somebody here is or knows Norbert Rögner from Neuhof in Germany, tell him his CD will arrive soon to his home in a registered letter from France, I have written my full name followed by Eastgate Music on the enveloppe ! :)

Good night and have sweet dreams 8)
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I've listened to it once. Parts of it remind me of sections of the atomic seasons CDs. I was about to turn it off when the last track came on. I hadn't read the cover notes, but this track stands out for me as the others being a little too bland.

I suspect it's a "grower", as I've often felt this was about other albums and then grown to love them.

I'm still waiting for another VFART where I just loved the whole album.

Missing a bit of guitar maybe IMHO.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

My Mala Kunia has arrived. Unfortunately my postcard is unsigned, despite ordering on the day of release :cry: . Never mind.

First 3 tracks played and I have enjoyed it straight from the box. Track 3, Madagasmala, I am definitely hearing an Ulrich Schnauss influence.

Not missing the guitar at all, always felt it was time to move on from that sound, sorry Bernie (superb guitarist).

So far so good, second half of the disc awaits :) .
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

No disc here yet. :cry:
Wish it was up in TD's download store...
32 years + counting

Post by 32 years + counting »

I really like the tracks co-written by Ulrich and Edgar (especially Track 3 : MADAGASMALA) though you could be listening to a solo Ulrich album really.

Hands down best piece, though, is Thorsten's POWER OF THE RAINBOW SERPENT....the middle section just knocks me out.

All in all this first 'Quantum Years' effort bodes well for the future.....and I hope they get that 3-way dynamic going again and co-write together.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

First couple of listens I definitely preferred the first 3 tracks.

However now the others are growing, in fact I think it is an excellent album (well it is really an album length)

Stand out track for me was initially and still is track 3, the Ulrich influence is strong in this one.

For those that haven't got this yet, hopefully disc arrives tomorrow, please remember this one is a grower. It takes time to reveal all its beauty.

I am really enjoying this tonight.
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

sorcerer wrote:My Mala Kunia has arrived. Unfortunately my postcard is unsigned, despite ordering on the day of release :cry: . Never mind. .
Yeah same here, I thought I ordered mine really quickly too..... :?
Goseba

Post by Goseba »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:
sorcerer wrote:My Mala Kunia has arrived. Unfortunately my postcard is unsigned, despite ordering on the day of release :cry: . Never mind. .
Yeah same here, I thought I ordered mine really quickly too..... :?
+1 here too.

Also my disc had a adhesive on the playing side. Took a while but I eventually managed to clean it off.
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Mine was sent in a thin jiffy bag instead of the usual good quality cardboard packaging so the edges of my cupdisc were a bit battered but thankfully the disc was undamaged. I guess as I only ordered the cupdisc they decided not go for the usual packaging, although I still paid the same p+p rates of €6.90......
stiffdog

Post by stiffdog »

Download now up, listening via iTunes for the first time right now.

Dave.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Nothing here yet. :cry:
Ger-TD-Fan

Post by Ger-TD-Fan »

I also like MALA KUNIA, my favourite is Power Of The Rainbow Serpent, thanks to Thorsten. The other new compositions are also nice :-)
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Downloading from shop as we speak, looking forward to giving it a couple of listens on my daily commute
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...