Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:06 pm 

sparrow wrote:
The last boot The Soldiier was one disc and strangley ran at just under 90 minutes. Older players will struggle to play this and I thought any more than 81 minutes would be impossible. I have a leonard Cohen boot that also runs just under 90 minutes on one disc. Plays fine too.

You're right. I think that was discussed in the thread on The Soldier. I had forgotten about that. I guess it could be just one disc.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:20 pm 

Got this one earlier this week. Strange mix the short tracks I think are from three oclock high. Included is Choronzon, Cinammon Road, Cycle of Eternity. A few tracks fom EF's ages. And a couple of tracks I don't recognise. one of which doesn't sound like TD at all. As a whole the cd surprisingly holds together a good spread of music. I wouldn't rcommend paying for it though I paid £27.99 for it on the bay and like The Soldier is mostly flung together with just a little imagination.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:49 pm 

sparrow wrote:
Got this one earlier this week. Strange mix the short tracks I think are from three oclock high. Included is Choronzon, Cinammon Road, Cycle of Eternity. A few tracks fom EF's ages. And a couple of tracks I don't recognise. one of which doesn't sound like TD at all. As a whole the cd surprisingly holds together a good spread of music. I wouldn't rcommend paying for it though I paid £27.99 for it on the bay and like The Soldier is mostly flung together with just a little imagination.

I thought the same about the Soldier S/T.

Wasn't worth the money I paid. Would have looked for it in Russia had I known ;)
TD would have got the same royalties from Russia as they no doubt did from the Orange Records CD ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:20 pm 

Wait till we get hammered import tax on the Japanese cds cliff. At least I hope that will be money well spent.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:02 am 

sparrow wrote:
Wait till we get hammered import tax on the Japanese cds cliff. At least I hope that will be money well spent.

Yeah, there's been a conversation about that over on Facebook

If the online tax/import duty calculator is correct it will probably (hopefully ;) ) be around £ 18.00 plus the post office fee which someone said was £ 13.50

I'd be happy with that (well, not happy, but I'd not feel too ripped off)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:06 am 

I also ended up buying the Metropolis CD :roll:

Who'd be a TD fan ? ;)

And now that Baumann's back on board..... there goes some more ££££

And do I care ?.....nah, not a bit. Worth every penny....been part of my life since I was in my last teenage year (1979)

And hopefully will be until my final year... (not yet though ;) )

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:20 am 

Only ever ordered one TD album from Japan, and ended up with a bill for 379GBP. Someone in the customs department got the decimal point in the wrong place (Japanese Yen). I was advised by the post office that I could appeal, but, would have to pay the 379GBP up front, and, appeals were seldom successful. Needless to say I didn't take delivery. The item was returned to Japan after 3 weeks :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:47 pm 

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
I also ended up buying the Metropolis CD :roll:

Who'd be a TD fan ? ;)

And now that Baumann's back on board..... there goes some more ££££

And do I care ?.....nah, not a bit. Worth every penny....been part of my life since I was in my last teenage year (1979)

And hopefully will be until my final year... (not yet though ;) )

:lol:
Metropolis aint too bad. Better than The Soldier..slightly..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:37 pm 

I just ran across this on Amazon.com. I used their "Report incorrect product information" tool to report it. This is the text of my comment:
"Unauthorized product. Consists of unlicensed, pirated material. This is not an official release by the named artist."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm 

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
I just ran across this on Amazon.com. I used their "Report incorrect product information" tool to report it. This is the text of my comment:
"Unauthorized product. Consists of unlicensed, pirated material. This is not an official release by the named artist."

2 and a half years after the original post !!

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] 

Jump to: