Effectiveness of MFD as an album

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Effectiveness of MFD as an album

Post by alipaul »

Just to give you notice and this is not to generate any flame wars but
i listened to MFD dozens of times and my overall opinion of the album is that it is the BEST vocal album TD have produced, the music on the album is first class as you would expect, but it wouldn't rank in my top 10 of albums.
It is though a welcome addition to my collection of TD but i prefer my TD to be a little more instrumental based.

MFD was a great experiment but i wouldn't want it to become the norm

I am not being critical in anyway about this album or the way it was conceived this is only my personal opinion
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Re: Effectiveness of MFD as an album

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:Just to give you notice and this is not to generate any flame wars but
i listened to MFD dozens of times and my overall opinion of the album is that it is the BEST vocal album TD have produced, the music on the album is first class as you would expect, but it wouldn't rank in my top 10 of albums.
It is though a welcome addition to my collection of TD but i prefer my TD to be a little more instrumental based.

I am not being critical in anyway about this album or the way it was conceived this is only my personal opinion
totally agree mate
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

It is a first class album and I would like another album like it. Oh and I don't want any flame wars
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I think its a fine album,there is certainly no doubt about that and the bonus of the DVD adds a special touch.........

I do hope they dont do vocals on all albums in the future,but no way i can knock MFD,its a touch of class :D 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Whilst I don't expect every new release to contain vocals, I'm quite happy for TD to release albums with vocals on them, especially if it's some one with Chris Hausl's ability. To my shame I didn't rate him very highly on first listen (Metaphor: Earthling's Reality) but think he has been a bit of a find for TD.

To be fair to TD though I suspect that vocals will be used sparingly. It's obvious that the five CDs that make up the Five Atomic Seasons won't contain vocals.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

alipaul wrote:Just to give you notice and this is not to generate any flame wars but

I totally agree. MFD is a fine album. However, were TD to continue in this direction, they would be severely limited by this type of format. I hope they continue and fine NEW directions to produce music rather than just copy the format that they have just discovered.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I don't want TD lose their instrumental identity, i do understand that Edgar will travel in which ever direction he feels, i'm fine with that i like the journey.

There are too many keyboard based groups out there with vocalists.

Don't get me wrong if i have to score MFD it would still rate 8/10 IMHO

alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:I think its a fine album,there is certainly no doubt about that and the bonus of the DVD adds a special touch.........

I do hope they dont do vocals on all albums in the future,but no way i can knock MFD,its a touch of class :D 8)

I do agree the DVD does add something to the release and it's so good to see a band enjoying what they are doing especially after 40 years

Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

alipaul wrote:I don't want TD lose their instrumental identity, i do understand that Edgar will travel in which ever direction he feels, i'm fine with that i like the journey.

We can be sure that there will be more instrumental albums from TD. I don't see what harm another vocal album would do for those who loved MFD.

There are way too many mediocre EM artists already.... I've haven't even been able to play their cds the whole way through once. But, I don't think there are many with vocalists as good as MFD. So, I would love to have another as good as MFD.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
alipaul wrote:I don't want TD lose their instrumental identity, i do understand that Edgar will travel in which ever direction he feels, i'm fine with that i like the journey.

We can be sure that there will be more instrumental albums from TD. I don't see what harm another vocal album would do for those who loved MFD.

There are way too many mediocre EM artists already.... I've haven't even been able to play their cds the whole way through once. But, I don't think there are many with vocalists as good as MFD. So, I would love to have another as good as MFD.
as long as it sounds unique/unusual that would be fine by me too

24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:

as long as it sounds unique/unusual that would be fine by me too
The only thing I ask from TD is that I'll like the music...all of the other details are their problem ;) :D
ant

Post by ant »

:D I love MFD and it is still getting better with every listen, especially the audio version from the DVD package. However, I wouldn't want all their albums to be like that in the future. This was a really nice surprise TD release but I would prefer most of their future releases to be instrumental. I would not mind the occassional return to vocals but it would have to be totally different to MFD - IMHO. :D
Biggus Dickus
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

ant wrote::D I love MFD and it is still getting better with every listen, especially the audio version from the DVD package. However, I wouldn't want all their albums to be like that in the future. This was a really nice surprise TD release but I would prefer most of their future releases to be instrumental. I would not mind the occassional return to vocals but it would have to be totally different to MFD - IMHO. :D
I agree with the Ant!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Can't say fairer than that!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
nightmare strand

MFD strikes a chord where all else fails

Post by nightmare strand »

Edgar in his recent interview for Voiceprint commented on the obvious lack of affection that women generally feel for the TD style. Indeed my wife shared this sentiment and would go to great lengths to endorse it. That was
until MFD and the considerable vocal talents of Herr Hausl . Have to admit it,
she knows a damn fine singer when she hears one. Me personally, a prefer those lush instrumental meanderings that are the traditional core of TD, but
Edgar has made a fan from an adversary, if only for a short period and that's no mean achievement I can tell you. If you're going to use a singer, then use a good one. Edgar clearly did his homework on this one and fair play to him