QUANTUM GATE - THE ALBUM

32 years + counting
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

QUANTUM GATE - THE ALBUM

Post by 32 years + counting »

Seriously....when was the last time a TD album was this good all the way through?

Imo, you'd have to go back nearly 30 years....to FORCE MAJEURE, EXIT, TANGRAM, LOGOS....which coincides precisely with the last times TD ever made it into the top 100 of the UK album charts.

The opening textures and the whole impact of SENSING ELEMENTS makes my hair stand on end. The sheer joy and gorgeous melody / lead line of IT'S TIME TO LEAVE makes me want to break into applause. The compelling GRANULAR BLANKETS harks back to the best of the F/F/S concert days.

The sound design on this album is superb, and the compositional strength is unlike anything we've heard for an absolute age.

No disrespect to Jerome - much of whose solo work I really like - but many, many times from about 1990 > 2005 I was on the point on giving up on TD, and it was only the addition of Thorsten Quaeschning that kept my faith. Now, with Ulrich Schanuss too, they again have my undivided attention.

Welcome back Tangerine Dream.

Here's the post from their new label K-Scope, who helped propel Steven Wilson to the majors:
http://www.kscopemusic.com/artists/tangerinedream/
Insvims

Re: QUANTUM GATE - THE ALBUM

Post by Insvims »

I agree on your remarks. Although I will say they were equally good with albums like for example Finnegans Wake, The Castle, Summer in Nagasaki and others. But now there is a new era. And it is very welcome!
Ger-TD-Fan

QUANTUM GATE - Great album !

Post by Ger-TD-Fan »

"When Everyone's Dancing It Is Time To Leave" is my favorite title, composed by Thorsten and Ulrich.
I think Edgar would be also proud about this very nice composition and the whole album.
Yes, this album has something of former time, 30 years ago.
All tracks of this album are great.
I hope Hoshiko, Thorsten and Ulrich will continue this great work and of course thanks to Bianca to keep alive the spirit of TD !
Jon

Post by Jon »

I have heard through the whole CD twice now. Very good indeed. Weakest tracks are Granular Blankets (sounding a bit like early 90s shoegazers My Bloody Valentine!) and Non Locality Destination. Third weakest track Tear Down The Grey Skies.

Rest of the tracks very good, Sensing Elements and Genesis Of Precious Thoughts are stormers, Roll The Seven Twice, Proton Bonfire and It Is Time To Leave all great tracks. Identity Proven Matrix are very interesting - does anyone else feel a certain Flashpoint style there?

I miss the sax from time to time, and Jerome's or Beibl's guitar, and I also miss a track where they take it all down and relaxes a bit, but all in all a very solid album.
ant

Post by ant »

:D Played the Quantum Gate album again over the weekend and I am loving it. To me there are no weak tracks - they are all outstanding and I love Granular Blankets, Non Locality Destination and Tear Down The Grey Skies. There is not one weak track on the whole album. 10/10 for me. Ok, so we had heard Genesis of Precious Thoughts before and of course, Proton Bonfire is a reworking of Electron Bonfire but the other new tracks are brilliant!! :D
Biggus Dickus