Oasis

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Oasis

Post by Hobo »

I can't stop playing Oasis at the moment, Zion in particular. '97 was obviously a good year for soundtrack releases, but why doesn't this one get more mentions. Definitely one of the better '90's albums
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I think Summer Storm is genuine 'best of' candidate. Beautiful melody and danceable rhythms.
I'm playing it right now. I give it 6/10, as there are some dull moments and I do think the versions of Flashflood and Waterborne, are best with Zlatko's guitar.
Nice to read and write on the forum, while people somewhere else in the world are hearing the same music.

I believe the Canyon Cazuma dvd will contain the EF composed tracks from Oasis and Canyon Dreams. It's a bit of a shame that father and son are clinging so much to their own stuff, that the original dvd's can't be released in their proper form. I have none of them, and to sit through only Edgar's tracks might become a bit too new-agey for me.
rattymouse

Re: Oasis

Post by rattymouse »

Hobo wrote:I can't stop playing Oasis at the moment, Zion in particular. '97 was obviously a good year for soundtrack releases, but why doesn't this one get more mentions. Definitely one of the better '90's albums
Oasis is pretty bad in my opinion. I cant stand Zlatko's guitar playing. It makes my ears bleed. I lost my copy of Oasis (I left it on a plane), and have yet to replace it. I feel bad that my TD collection is not complete but really never listened to it much.

The albums that came shortly after Oasis are a massive improvement to me.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

rattymouse wrote:
Hobo wrote:I can't stop playing Oasis at the moment, Zion in particular. '97 was obviously a good year for soundtrack releases, but why doesn't this one get more mentions. Definitely one of the better '90's albums
Oasis is pretty bad in my opinion. I cant stand Zlatko's guitar playing. It makes my ears bleed. I lost my copy of Oasis (I left it on a plane), and have yet to replace it. I feel bad that my TD collection is not complete but really never listened to it much.

I'm not a huge fan of 90's releases, but IMO this is a much more consistent album than TOTT, TOB, Rockoon, Atlantic Walls, Atlantic Bridges, Tournado, Valentine Wheels and Mars Polaris. I also prefer it to the DM series.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Hobo wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of 90's releases, but IMO this is a much more consistent album than TOTT, TOB, Rockoon, Atlantic Walls, Atlantic Bridges, Tournado, Valentine Wheels and Mars Polaris. I also prefer it to the DM series.
To be honest, I havent heard Oasis in a long time. I should give it another try and will probably pick up a copy of it on the used market. Now that I think of it, it may be Tournado that I dont like very much. I find it soooo hard to keep albums from that era separate in my mind. The tunes all sound the same! Bland, bland, and bland.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

rattymouse wrote:
Hobo wrote:
rattymouse wrote: Oasis is pretty bad in my opinion. I cant stand Zlatko's guitar playing. It makes my ears bleed. I lost my copy of Oasis (I left it on a plane), and have yet to replace it. I feel bad that my TD collection is not complete but really never listened to it much.

To be honest, I havent heard Oasis in a long time. I should give it another try and will probably pick up a copy of it on the used market. Now that I think of it, it may be Tournado that I dont like very much. I find it soooo hard to keep albums from that era separate in my mind. The tunes all sound the same! Bland, bland, and bland.
I know what you mean Tom. If I can't instantly recognise at least two tracks from an album, then it doesn't rate highly with me. A lot of 90's album tracks are insipid and way too similar.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Hobo wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Hobo wrote: I'm not a huge fan of 90's releases, but IMO this is a much more consistent album than TOTT, TOB, Rockoon, Atlantic Walls, Atlantic Bridges, Tournado, Valentine Wheels and Mars Polaris. I also prefer it to the DM series.
I know what you mean Tom. If I can't instantly recognise at least two tracks from an album, then it doesn't rate highly with me. A lot of 90's album tracks are insipid and way too similar.
Oasis must be a good album. Over at Amazon.com there are used copies selling for $150 and $59 dollars!!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

rattymouse wrote:
Hobo wrote:
rattymouse wrote: To be honest, I havent heard Oasis in a long time. I should give it another try and will probably pick up a copy of it on the used market. Now that I think of it, it may be Tournado that I dont like very much. I find it soooo hard to keep albums from that era separate in my mind. The tunes all sound the same! Bland, bland, and bland.
Oasis must be a good album. Over at Amazon.com there are used copies selling for $150 and $59 dollars!!

It's not that good. I recently paid £5 for a new copy. :D
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Hobo wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Hobo wrote: I know what you mean Tom. If I can't instantly recognise at least two tracks from an album, then it doesn't rate highly with me. A lot of 90's album tracks are insipid and way too similar.

It's not that good. I recently paid £5 for a new copy. :D
with current exchange rates, that still closer to $50 that i'd like it to be.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

rattymouse wrote: with current exchange rates, that still closer to $50 that i'd like it to be.
Yep, the dollar has been in free fall of late!
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Agreed Mick, definately underrated a great album IMO along with Goblin's Club it got me back interested in TD after a dodgy period early 90's.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Hobo wrote:
rattymouse wrote: with current exchange rates, that still closer to $50 that i'd like it to be.
The Brits must be flocking to the US to pick up some good deals!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

rattymouse wrote:
Hobo wrote:
The Brits must be flocking to the US to pick up some good deals!
It would be a good time for TD to tour eh Tom!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I have to say this is a quality recording :shock: Flashflood and Waterbourne are total class IMHO,Saw them play these on the 97 tour and ZPs guitar antics were top quality.......on a whole the album is very nice/all IMHO of course :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:I have to say this is a quality recording :shock: Flashflood and Waterbourne are total class IMHO,Saw them play these on the 97 tour and ZPs guitar antics were top quality.......on a whole the album is very nice/all IMHO of course :wink:
That would be my assessment. Good album. Haven't listened to it for a while, must dig it out. Too many CDs, not enough time.