Live At Augusta Raurica, 8/9/2016 DVD

sorcerer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Live At Augusta Raurica, 8/9/2016 DVD

Post by sorcerer »

Just listened to CD 2.

Excellent . Great choice of TD music and interesting interpretations of the older TD music. I wonder what the TD fan base in general thinks of this release. Hardly any views or discussion on here any more so who knows.

Anyway the DVD will be on over the weekend. REALLY looking forward to it. And quietly confident it will be effing ace.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

DVD: Too dark throughout the concert. No sense of the audience or the mood. Lost opportunity in a way. Especially regarding the nice surroundings.
CD: Excellent in every way. Love it!
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

Actualy the quality of the DVD is very good and the quality of the music too !!

You can buy it !!
François from Paris
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Strange nothing in the download shop. Didn't buy the cd because I am not really keen on DVDs. But would be happy to have the download to burn onto a vinyl look cd r.... Also no mention of the tour cd compilation we were promised.
ant

Post by ant »

:( The music is very good but yes, the muted audience sound and the lack of sense of how many are actually there does spoil it slightly. Also, although I selected 5.1 surround sound, there was nothing coming from the rear speakers throughout the whole gig. It was a better, fuller sound than the 2.0 stereo option but it was not 5.1. However, when the show finished and it went back to the 'menu screen', the sound was coming out of all speakers!! Shame, but still good to have. Would still like to see the Elbphilharmonie, Hamburg, Union Chapel London and Barbican London on DVD, with proper 5.1 sound - Let's hope they do at some point. :)
Biggus Dickus