How complete should a collection be

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:My collection of TD cd's, is about a tenth the size of most fans here. I tend to buy after I've heard some of the album, or on recommendation. I'll take a punt on recordings I'm dubious about, if they're cheap enough.
Which CDs you still after then Mick :?:
I'd type you a list Colin, but my keyboard is still playing up and it's taken 5 minutes to type this post! :x Suffice to say, I'm a long way short of complete!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Hobo wrote:My collection of TD cd's, is about a tenth the size of most fans here. I tend to buy after I've heard some of the album, or on recommendation. I'll take a punt on recordings I'm dubious about, if they're cheap enough.

BM rejoins forums

Mick, even one TD cd is enough, for me its not about how many, how few, the rarest, the best, the worst...its about the music I love...it just happens that I have always had to have everything - cos my anorak is very, very worn
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:

BM rejoins forums

Mick, even one TD cd is enough, for me its not about how many, how few, the rarest, the best, the worst...its about the music I love...it just happens that I have always had to have everything - cos my anorak is very, very worn

As you know Jon, once you have bought the first one, it's never going to be enough!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
bigmoog wrote:

BM rejoins forums

As you know Jon, once you have bought the first one, it's never going to be enough!
Thats a very true statement Mick :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

strange, despite all the wonderful TD music I have, its not enough...always want more, its supremely addictive :D
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I've collected a fair collection of TD material but i'm not a completist i don't have all the releases under every catalogue number from every country but i collect the music it's all about the music artistry for me
most of my collection is official released the majority of the CD-R's are the tree
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I have tried to get all the TD recordings that I can realistically afford. I can't always get the new CDs when they're out but get em eventually.

Again, as BM posted, it's about getting music that I love not about the..ahem..size of my collection. :wink:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
BM rejoins forums

Thats a very true statement Mick :arrow:
It's oh so true. Let's face it, it is an addiction.

...Hi my names Chris and I am a TD collector..... :wink:
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

What a wonderful addiction though......
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

i have to admit my collection is not complete, i do not have warsaw in the sun, shaped pic disc

:cry:

:oops:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:i have to admit my collection is not complete, i do not have warsaw in the sun, shaped pic disc

Pops up quite regular on Ebay BM :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:i have to admit my collection is not complete, i do not have warsaw in the sun, shaped pic disc

get off this forum! I'll put up with spam, I'll put up with anti-TDness, I'll almost put up with Prog...but that's going too far!!!!!!!!

;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the trouble with progressive rawk, is its just so, er, proggy and self indulgent, gawd...i need a new frilly white shirt pronto......and a crumhorn
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:the trouble with progressive rawk, is its just so, er, proggy and self indulgent, gawd...i need a new frilly white shirt pronto......and a crumhorn
in E or B flat?....you didn't even realise that shirts came in keys! ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:

Pops up quite regular on Ebay BM :wink:

effing ebay...i was out bid on a free mfd promo, for 15 notes...i have one already.......whaddafugging bunch of rip orf merchants....greedy cowsuns........eff the toe rags riping off fans

bm is angry of guildeford