Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:33 pm 
epsilon75 wrote:
All my TD collection is on CDR :shock: :arrow: :arrow:

No way!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:13 pm
Posts: 869
Location: Twiddling with a HiFi system somewhere
Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
All my TD collection is on CDR :shock: :arrow: :arrow:

No way!


Compilations for the car, dear chap, for the car....................... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:28 pm
Posts: 2776
Location: Brixton, London
My philosophy has always been to collect all the music - so I have tended to ignore the compilations and re-releases. Having said that, when I have discovered various original items at record fairs for a good price, I have bought them... such as a promo copy of Stratosfear for £3.50 (with the pre-release artwork).

I have also been gradually replacing cheapo re-releases with the originals where I can (such as the Ohr and Caroline recordings), but I have never been interested in all the various re-releases avaliable.

With the above in mind, I have pretty much sated my desire for collecting.

_________________
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
Art_of_Fantasy wrote:
Nope I'm not a spammer, I just reregistered today.

I just want to know if i'm missing some albums.
I recently bought from this website

Madcaps Flaming Duty
Sleeping Watches
Springtime in Nagasaki

I know i'm missing "The Keep" and probably some other OST's
I also want to know if the Tour-Promos are worth buying, some are
getting pretty expensive like "Ça Va - Ça Marche - Ça Ira Encore" which
allready has two songs on other albums.

Jân de Vries



ah, well apologies for me thinking you a spammer....these are dangerous times
:wink:

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
All my TD collection is on CDR :shock: :arrow: :arrow:

No way!


:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
why all this talk of TD's music as a 'collection'? TD's music is a living and breathing thing, to be enjoyed whenever you want (or not, the choice is yours), it's not a dusty museum exhibit, therefore one CD is as valid as 250. When I play their CDs I listen to music, not to catalogue numbers. ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
24db wrote:
why all this talk of TD's music as a 'collection'? TD's music is a living and breathing thing, to be enjoyed whenever you want (or not, the choice is yours), it's not a dusty museum exhibit, therefore one CD is as valid as 250. When I play their CDs I listen to music, not to catalogue numbers. ;)



completely agree, but :


I listen to catalogue number : OMM 2/56021 :mrgreen:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
why all this talk of TD's music as a 'collection'? TD's music is a living and breathing thing, to be enjoyed whenever you want (or not, the choice is yours), it's not a dusty museum exhibit, therefore one CD is as valid as 250. When I play their CDs I listen to music, not to catalogue numbers. ;)



completely agree, but :


I listen to catalogue number : OMM 2/56021 :mrgreen:


ooh with the insert? cat number spotters! :D

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
why all this talk of TD's music as a 'collection'? TD's music is a living and breathing thing, to be enjoyed whenever you want (or not, the choice is yours), it's not a dusty museum exhibit, therefore one CD is as valid as 250. When I play their CDs I listen to music, not to catalogue numbers. ;)



completely agree, but :


I listen to catalogue number : OMM 2/56021 :mrgreen:


ooh with the insert? cat number spotters! :D



I am a museum, admission free :mrgreen:


I love TD and the stunning dalinian musique :arrow:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
why all this talk of TD's music as a 'collection'? TD's music is a living and breathing thing, to be enjoyed whenever you want (or not, the choice is yours), it's not a dusty museum exhibit, therefore one CD is as valid as 250. When I play their CDs I listen to music, not to catalogue numbers. ;)



completely agree, but :


I listen to catalogue number : OMM 2/56021 :mrgreen:


ooh with the insert? cat number spotters! :D



I am a museum, admission free :mrgreen:


I love TD and the stunning dalinian musique :arrow:


is that you in the last scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark? ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
:lol:


nah, Im indiana moog, off to search for the 'tapes' of destiny


all I need is $45,000,000, a map of hollow wood and an offer he cant refuse :arrow:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
bigmoog wrote:
:lol:


nah, Im indiana moog, off to search for the 'tapes' of destiny


all I need is $45,000,000, a map of hollow wood and an offer he cant refuse :arrow:



Not the lost Rubycon sessions by any chance :shock: :arrow: :wink: :lol:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
epsilon75 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
:lol:


nah, Im indiana moog, off to search for the 'tapes' of destiny


all I need is $45,000,000, a map of hollow wood and an offer he cant refuse :arrow:



Not the lost Rubycon sessions by any chance :shock: :arrow: :wink: :lol:




BM leaves all forums :arrow:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
My collection of TD cd's, is about a tenth the size of most fans here. I tend to buy after I've heard some of the album, or on recommendation. I'll take a punt on recordings I'm dubious about, if they're cheap enough.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Hobo wrote:
My collection of TD cd's, is about a tenth the size of most fans here. I tend to buy after I've heard some of the album, or on recommendation. I'll take a punt on recordings I'm dubious about, if they're cheap enough.


Which CDs you still after then Mick :?:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Page 2 of 8 [ 114 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage