KOTO type sound used to play THE COTTAGE from LEGEND

aaronmcphee
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

KOTO type sound used to play THE COTTAGE from LEGEND

Post by aaronmcphee »

This might be a tricky one to answer as I have already searched the net trying to find out with no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas which specific synth was used on "THE COTTAGE"??, it sounds to me like an emulation of a KOTO with some modulated after touch which gives it that detuning effect, I really love this piece from the LEGEND soundtrack and have finally learned to play it using other sounds, which although sound ok, just do not work as well.

My thinking was to find a good KOTO vst instrument and maybe it would sound close, but honestly Ive tried loads and they sound too much like....well KOTO's, and just don't have that quirkiness of the original sound, Perhaps somebody could recommend a VST instrument that comes close??

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Aaron.
Tiger Tiger burning bright....Bruce! throw another shrimp on!
prophetfive

Re: KOTO type sound used to play THE COTTAGE from LEGEND

Post by prophetfive »

Probably a DX 7
aaronmcphee

Re: KOTO type sound used to play THE COTTAGE from LEGEND

Post by aaronmcphee »

prophetfive wrote:Probably a DX 7

Its about the right year for a DX7, if it is then I suspect its either a custom patch or an expansion pack as I am pretty familiar with the DX presets and cant recall that sound.

I will have to have a hunt for some DX7 emulations or maybe a KONTAK instrument....thanks for the tip.
Tiger Tiger burning bright....Bruce! throw another shrimp on!