Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 29
Location: Stockholm
Saw this on the net ...

"At long last this legendary performance from the leaders of the electronic music genre can be yours to own on DVD. Released for the first time ever commercially Tangerine Dream Live at Coventry Cathedral has long been on the wish list of many Tangerine Dream fans.
The film by director Tony Palmer fully captures this unique band live in an equally unique location. Rarely seen since the original film was made this DVD will finally be released in January 2007 and can now be pre ordered by logging on to the website
http://tangerinedreamcoventrydvd.com/
where you can also view a short clip from the film. This DVD will be a must have item for any fan of Tangerine Dream who celebrate their fortieth anniversary in 2007"

//Dan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:33 pm 
No Gravity wrote:
Saw this on the net ...

" This DVD will be a must have item for any fan of Tangerine Dream who celebrate their fortieth anniversary in 2007"

//Dan


It would be, Dan, if it wasn't just live footage with the Ricochet album dubbed over the top...... :roll:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
I will definately not be buying this item unless the price is drastically reduced,but everyone to their own :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:27 am
Posts: 22
Location: Ontario, Canada
Echosnare wrote:
No Gravity wrote:
Saw this on the net ...

" This DVD will be a must have item for any fan of Tangerine Dream who celebrate their fortieth anniversary in 2007"

//Dan


It would be, Dan, if it wasn't just live footage with the Ricochet album dubbed over the top...... :roll:


What a shame... A missed opportunity. I thought TD and Voicepriint had a good relationship - why is this 'Ricochet with pictures' DVD being allowed out like this? The blurb for the DVD on the website is a bit misleading too, IMHO.

_________________
always a T Dreamer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
jonnyboy wrote:
Echosnare wrote:
No Gravity wrote:
Saw this on the net ...

" This DVD will be a must have item for any fan of Tangerine Dream who celebrate their fortieth anniversary in 2007"

//Dan


It would be, Dan, if it wasn't just live footage with the Ricochet album dubbed over the top...... :roll:


What a shame... A missed opportunity. I thought TD and Voicepriint had a good relationship - why is this 'Ricochet with pictures' DVD being allowed out like this? The blurb for the DVD on the website is a bit misleading too, IMHO.


It is lazy, but I ordered it anyway, as I don't already own this footage.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:01 am 
jonnyboy wrote:

What a shame... A missed opportunity. I thought TD and Voicepriint had a good relationship - why is this 'Ricochet with pictures' DVD being allowed out like this? The blurb for the DVD on the website is a bit misleading too, IMHO.


This is how it was broadcast on the BBC in the first place. :roll:


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:37 pm
Posts: 184
Location: Oslo, Norway
Echosnare wrote:
This is how it was broadcast on the BBC in the first place. :roll:


Hey, that's right! :shock:
So in one sense we get the real thing... although I would much rather prefer the original live recording.
Placing no orders yet... :|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Echosnare wrote:
jonnyboy wrote:

What a shame... A missed opportunity. I thought TD and Voicepriint had a good relationship - why is this 'Ricochet with pictures' DVD being allowed out like this? The blurb for the DVD on the website is a bit misleading too, IMHO.


This is how it was broadcast on the BBC in the first place. :roll:


A did you know moment....did you know that more than one company may have filmed this gig? I have a press cutting saying that cameras from London Weekend Television (ITV) also filmed it....makes you think ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:02 pm 
24db wrote:
Echosnare wrote:
jonnyboy wrote:

What a shame... A missed opportunity. I thought TD and Voicepriint had a good relationship - why is this 'Ricochet with pictures' DVD being allowed out like this? The blurb for the DVD on the website is a bit misleading too, IMHO.


This is how it was broadcast on the BBC in the first place. :roll:


A did you know moment....did you know that more than one company may have filmed this gig? I have a press cutting saying that cameras from London Weekend Television (ITV) also filmed it....makes you think ;)


True, AK, but the audio on the YouTube clip is clearly Ricochet.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
Why wasn't the fine music of the gig used instead of a Ricochet overdub?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Echosnare wrote:
24db wrote:
Echosnare wrote:
jonnyboy wrote:

What a shame... A missed opportunity. I thought TD and Voicepriint had a good relationship - why is this 'Ricochet with pictures' DVD being allowed out like this? The blurb for the DVD on the website is a bit misleading too, IMHO.


This is how it was broadcast on the BBC in the first place. :roll:


A did you know moment....did you know that more than one company may have filmed this gig? I have a press cutting saying that cameras from London Weekend Television (ITV) also filmed it....makes you think ;)


True, AK, but the audio on the YouTube clip is clearly Ricochet.


Yeah I know mate, but what I'm suggesting is that another crew apart from Tony Palmer 'might' have been there, therefore 'other' footage exists

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:38 pm 
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Why wasn't the fine music of the gig used instead of a Ricochet overdub?


God knows the answer to that.

We'll get Colin to ask him next time he has him in a head lock...... :wink:


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
Echosnare wrote:
No Gravity wrote:
Saw this on the net ...

" This DVD will be a must have item for any fan of Tangerine Dream who celebrate their fortieth anniversary in 2007"

//Dan


It would be, Dan, if it wasn't just live footage with the Ricochet album dubbed over the top...... :roll:


But i will buy it anyway. This is a must for the old fans of TD and of course also for the new ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:31 am
Posts: 2091
Location: Livadia (Central Greece)
No Gravity wrote:
Saw this on the net ...

"At long last this legendary performance from the leaders of the electronic music genre can be yours to own on DVD. Released for the first time ever commercially Tangerine Dream Live at Coventry Cathedral has long been on the wish list of many Tangerine Dream fans.
The film by director Tony Palmer fully captures this unique band live in an equally unique location. Rarely seen since the original film was made this DVD will finally be released in January 2007 and can now be pre ordered by logging on to the website
http://tangerinedreamcoventrydvd.com/
where you can also view a short clip from the film. This DVD will be a must have item for any fan of Tangerine Dream who celebrate their fortieth anniversary in 2007"

//Dan

I think you can download free from www.mininova.org

_________________
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:28 pm
Posts: 2776
Location: Brixton, London
Someone has made a copy of this DVD with a double layer: one with the Ricochet soundtrack as broadcast, the other with the (TT?) original recording.

Has anyone received their copy yet, and could they confirm if the DVD is two layer?

Thanks in advance.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage