Tangerine Dream in 2020

Insvims
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Tangerine Dream in 2020

Post by Insvims »

What are your hopes for Tangerine Dream in 2020? What releases would you like to see? Where would you like them to play this year? What would make the DREAM continue for you?
Misterdance

Re: Tangerine Dream in 2020

Post by Misterdance »

Insvims wrote:What are your hopes for Tangerine Dream in 2020? What releases would you like to see? Where would you like them to play this year? What would make the DREAM continue for you?
I would really like to see them perform the so called "Melrose Years" in concert. In the Netherlands. That is my dream to make it continue! And new releases? Well. They always keep surprising me. So I leave that blank.

Kind regards,

Fred.
Fred-E Skywalker fka Misterdance.

Visit my website: http://www.fredvdwerf.nl
Jon

Post by Jon »

I hope TD will finally start doing film music again. Thorsten already did CARGO, but the band need to do a score together. Actually, a remake of FIRESTARTER is in development…

I also hope they start using the guitar and even saxophone again from time to time. Breaks up the synthetic soundscape a bit.

And I hope they will play at KILDEN in Kristiansand. 8)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Misterdance wrote:
Insvims wrote:I would really like to see them perform the so called "Melrose Years" in concert.
Good idea. But it will never happen.
PurpleTwilight

Post by PurpleTwilight »

Jon wrote:Good idea. But it will never happen.
At least they've done "Mothers of Rain" recently, which I consider one of the best from that period.

I appreciate the actual synth work a great deal, obviously, but I really miss the guitar solos of old.
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

We can always hope for a new studio album as great as the last one! :D
Jon

Post by Jon »

PurpleTwilight wrote:
Jon wrote:Good idea. But it will never happen.
At least they've done "Mothers of Rain" recently, which I consider one of the best from that period.

I appreciate the actual synth work a great deal, obviously, but I really miss the guitar solos of old.
I think they have played Mothers Of Rain almost to death, actually.

Time for a few other Private Music tracks!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Cool to see some replies. :)

I agree with you guys here. Obviously we look forward to a new studio album. Hopefully it will be released this year.
In the wake of GTA V & Cargo I also agree that moving into soundtracks again is a great idea.
I wish the tradition of CupDiscs (those surprise releases between regular albums) would again see the light of day (although the Sessions releases have been a great success, and have filled the void after EF in a really nice way).
Apart from that I would love to see some archived concert releases. Especially from the Melrose Years.
And finally; I remember talk of a vinyl box set with the best recordings from the Electric Mandarine Tour. Wish something like that would surface. Would have been a jewel in the collection.
Apart from that I must again praise the band for the great concerts in 2018 and 2019. To finally see them play their own headline club concert here in my hometown was beyond great!
PurpleTwilight

Post by PurpleTwilight »

Jon wrote:I think they have played Mothers Of Rain almost to death, actually.
If you feel that way about "Mothers of Rain", I don't dare ask for your thoughts on other live staples like "Betrayal", "Dolphin Dance", or "LOART"! But seriously, while I'd also love to hear other Private Era tunes, I guess that's largely up to Thorsten now.

Their bringing back "Yellowstone Park" a year or two ago was a truly awesome surprise that I never anticipated, so it's rare treats like those that I always look forward to. I'll likely never have the pleasure of seeing the band live, but that's beside the point.
geishaslave

Post by geishaslave »

New studio release.

Visit North America.

Yaaass add guitars.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:Cool to see some replies. :)

I agree with you guys here. Obviously we look forward to a new studio album. Hopefully it will be released this year.
In the wake of GTA V & Cargo I also agree that moving into soundtracks again is a great idea.
I wish the tradition of CupDiscs (those surprise releases between regular albums) would again see the light of day (although the Sessions releases have been a great success, and have filled the void after EF in a really nice way).
Apart from that I would love to see some archived concert releases. Especially from the Melrose Years.
And finally; I remember talk of a vinyl box set with the best recordings from the Electric Mandarine Tour. Wish something like that would surface. Would have been a jewel in the collection.
Apart from that I must again praise the band for the great concerts in 2018 and 2019. To finally see them play their own headline club concert here in my hometown was beyond great!
A DVD of some of the autumn 1990 concerts in the UK had been great.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

New studio album. Dark and atmospheric like Rubycon and Phaedra but also with beautiful melodies like so much of TDs vast output. No pressure there then :P

A live performance North of Hadrian's Wall that I can attend.

Finally The Keep to be re-released! About the only one I do not have, although have obviously heard it. They could do a special double CD release like the stunning Sorcerer one of recent years. Oh Yes 8)
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

Something like the live recorded album: "NEW HAVEN" - 1988. Great sounds from that era! One of my most favorite ones! Something like that I would really appreciate! And I agree on the guitars, saxophone and other instruments used again. Gives it a better vibe to me too!

-FS- fka -MD-

hansx

Post by hansx »

2020 is almost over. Forget about this year and hope 2021 will be much much much better.
Misterdance

Post by Misterdance »

hansx wrote:2020 is almost over. Forget about this year and hope 2021 will be much much much better.
Amen brother!