Phaedra 35th anniversary dvd question

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

well, my copy from voiceprint plays fine on my sony dvd player
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:well, my copy from voiceprint plays fine on my sony dvd player
Ive worn my copy out :roll: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:
Schulze wrote:Hi,

I haven't been on the TD forums for a number of years now, infact it was the old version of the web site that i used to visit, although i still recognise a few of the names in the forums.

I've been looking at getting hold of the SBE 2 DVD set and noticed that the version that Groove have seems to be in NTSC format.

Not being particularly technical I was wondering would anyone be kind enough to advise if this would play ok on a standard UK TV/DVD set up??

Cheers
Graham
Welcome back Schulze............great to see you here :D :wink:
Welcome back Graham, did you use to have a Timewind avatar? I hope to chat more with you, in fact, it was the "TD album vs. KS album"discussions on the old forum, which introduced me to KS, My first experience was MedPads in 2004... horrible, but I soon got to know to the GOOD stuff.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

My Copy of DVD Disc Works Fine on my Pioneer DVD Player.:wink:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Schulze wrote:Hi,

I haven't been on the TD forums for a number of years now, infact it was the old version of the web site that i used to visit, although i still recognise a few of the names in the forums.

I've been looking at getting hold of the SBE 2 DVD set and noticed that the version that Groove have seems to be in NTSC format.

Not being particularly technical I was wondering would anyone be kind enough to advise if this would play ok on a standard UK TV/DVD set up??

Cheers
Graham
Welcome back Schulze............great to see you here :D :wink:
Welcome back Graham, did you use to have a Timewind avatar? I hope to chat more with you, in fact, it was the "TD album vs. KS album"discussions on the old forum, which introduced me to KS, My first experience was MedPads in 2004... horrible, but I soon got to know to the GOOD stuff.
Hi Pertou,

Yes that was me, I did indeed use the Timewind avatar.

It's good to be back. Never stopped listening to Tangerine Dream or Klaus Schulze.

Thanks for the info on the SBE DVD. Will purchase this as soon as payday arrives.

Cheers
Graham
ant

Post by ant »

:D I have two copies of the 2 disc sets and yes I have the 5 white lines on both, which I did mention on an earlier post that not many responded to I seem to remember. As I watch my DVD's through a projector I just make sure that I expand the picture enough that it hardly notices. I would imagine most people with a widescreen tv would not have a problem as you can just expand the picture. Those watching on the old 4.3 sets will have a problem as you will not be able to cover them up in any way, unless you stick something on the screen!!
I am not too bothered that the sound is a little poor - I am just glad to have it in any form as it was a great gig and it looked very like it was never going to be released as we knew from the start that the camera and sound crew had cocked up big time. Tempodrome may be better quality in picture and sound but SBE is a far better gig, IMHO.

Hurry up with the Astoria DVD Edgar - I'm getting very hungry for that!!

:D
Biggus Dickus
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

ant wrote: I am not too bothered that the sound is a little poor - I am just glad to have it in any form as it was a great gig and it looked very like it was never going to be released as we knew from the start that the camera and sound crew had cocked up big time. Tempodrome may be better quality in picture and sound but SBE is a far better gig, IMHO.

Heartily agree with you ant.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Schulze wrote:
Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote: Welcome back Schulze............great to see you here :D :wink:
Hi Pertou,

Yes that was me, I did indeed use the Timewind avatar.

It's good to be back. Never stopped listening to Tangerine Dream or Klaus Schulze.

Thanks for the info on the SBE DVD. Will purchase this as soon as payday arrives.

Cheers
Graham
Welcome back Graham good to see you back :)
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Hyperboreauk wrote: Welcome back Graham good to see you back :)
Thanks Gary. It's good to be back :D
logos

Post by logos »

ant wrote::D I have two copies of the 2 disc sets and yes I have the 5 white lines on both, which I did mention on an earlier post that not many responded to I seem to remember. As I watch my DVD's through a projector I just make sure that I expand the picture enough that it hardly notices. I would imagine most people with a widescreen tv would not have a problem as you can just expand the picture. Those watching on the old 4.3 sets will have a problem as you will not be able to cover them up in any way, unless you stick something on the screen!!
I am not too bothered that the sound is a little poor - I am just glad to have it in any form as it was a great gig and it looked very like it was never going to be released as we knew from the start that the camera and sound crew had cocked up big time. Tempodrome may be better quality in picture and sound but SBE is a far better gig, IMHO.

I agree 100% with you ant.
I was on both concerts SBE 2005 and Tempodrome 2006 and for me the SBE gig was also far better and probably the best gig during the last 20 years (unfortunately I was not be able to attend the last Astoria concert).
I have also the 5 white lines on my SBE DVD copy.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Schulze wrote:

Welcome back Graham 8) :D
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

epsilon75 wrote:
Schulze wrote:

Welcome back Graham 8) :D
Ditto! :D :D
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
xsaram3

Post by xsaram3 »

logos wrote:
ant wrote::D I have two copies of the 2 disc sets and yes I have the 5 white lines on both, which I did mention on an earlier post that not many responded to I seem to remember. As I watch my DVD's through a projector I just make sure that I expand the picture enough that it hardly notices. I would imagine most people with a widescreen tv would not have a problem as you can just expand the picture. Those watching on the old 4.3 sets will have a problem as you will not be able to cover them up in any way, unless you stick something on the screen!!

I agree 100% with you ant.
I was on both concerts SBE 2005 and Tempodrome 2006 and for me the SBE gig was also far better and probably the best gig during the last 20 years (unfortunately I was not be able to attend the last Astoria concert).
I have also the 5 white lines on my SBE DVD copy.
I totaly agree too! Thank heavens we got it at all. Such great memories of a terrific night!

I was at the Astoria so looking forward to dvd of that gig too!

I too have the white lines but just expand the picture until they go away!

I have a signed 2 disc copy but it isn't numbered, should it be?
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

xsaram3 wrote:
I was under the impression that all the signed copies were numbered.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:
xsaram3 wrote:
I was under the impression that all the signed copies were numbered.

And that is exactly what the voiceprint advert states.. :? :oops: