Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
IMHO the soundtrack comes from 2 or 3 sources...including athe fan recording, so it's no great surprise that the sound isn't perfect. However it's still a great mento from one of TD's best gigs.


Can you hear a cigarette being lit from a zippo lighter? cool! :D


thankfully TD don't do these cliches ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:13 pm 
24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote:
IMHO the soundtrack comes from 2 or 3 sources...including athe fan recording, so it's no great surprise that the sound isn't perfect. However it's still a great mento from one of TD's best gigs.


Can you hear a cigarette being lit from a zippo lighter? cool! :D


thankfully TD don't do these cliches ;)


Haha, I hear no heartbeats or coughs as well :lol:


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 21
Location: WEST SUSSEX, UK
24db wrote:
MRBLUE wrote:
EricDraven wrote:
I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere but, does anyone know what the 5 small pulsating squares at the top of the picture just below the black bar are? Most annoying! This is on the limited 2dvd version [which I thought was supposed to be numbered, as mine wasn't]:x Are all of them this way?


Mine is the same as yours Eric - NOT numbered and the sound quality, well, plain DREADFUL - compared to Tempodrome, this is pathetic!

Not happy at all! :twisted:


I know it's annoying when things aren't as good as we hoped for, but....we're lucky to have anything from that gig. IMHO the soundtrack comes from 2 or 3 sources...including the fan recording, so it's no great surprise that the sound isn't perfect. However it's still a great mento from one of TD's best gigs.


is it really?.....................I, as we all did, paid good money for this........."TD LIVE DVD" (it actually sounds in words better than it is)........shame, big-big shame! If it was a boot, then yes I would be happy (because that is the sound quality one would expect) - but this is supposed to be the OFFICIAL release with A1 sound..............so so amature, and so so peeved! And why is it not out on EASTGATE?? :evil: RANT OVER! :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
MRBLUE wrote:
24db wrote:
MRBLUE wrote:
EricDraven wrote:
I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere but, does anyone know what the 5 small pulsating squares at the top of the picture just below the black bar are? Most annoying! This is on the limited 2dvd version [which I thought was supposed to be numbered, as mine wasn't]:x Are all of them this way?


Mine is the same as yours Eric - NOT numbered and the sound quality, well, plain DREADFUL - compared to Tempodrome, this is pathetic!

Not happy at all! :twisted:


I know it's annoying when things aren't as good as we hoped for, but....we're lucky to have anything from that gig. IMHO the soundtrack comes from 2 or 3 sources...including the fan recording, so it's no great surprise that the sound isn't perfect. However it's still a great mento from one of TD's best gigs.


is it really?.....................I, as we all did, paid good money for this........."TD LIVE DVD" (it actually sounds in words better than it is)........shame, big-big shame! If it was a boot, then yes I would be happy (because that is the sound quality one would expect) - but this is supposed to be the OFFICIAL release with A1 sound..............so so amature, and so so peeved! And why is it not out on EASTGATE?? :evil: RANT OVER! :-)


yep, that's 'my' opinion...but I respect yours and if you feel ripped off, then that's how you feel.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
It's still far better than I dared hope, after the initial horror stories.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 21
Location: WEST SUSSEX, UK
24db wrote:
MRBLUE wrote:
24db wrote:
MRBLUE wrote:
EricDraven wrote:
I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere but, does anyone know what the 5 small pulsating squares at the top of the picture just below the black bar are? Most annoying! This is on the limited 2dvd version [which I thought was supposed to be numbered, as mine wasn't]:x Are all of them this way?


Mine is the same as yours Eric - NOT numbered and the sound quality, well, plain DREADFUL - compared to Tempodrome, this is pathetic!

Not happy at all! :twisted:


I know it's annoying when things aren't as good as we hoped for, but....we're lucky to have anything from that gig. IMHO the soundtrack comes from 2 or 3 sources...including the fan recording, so it's no great surprise that the sound isn't perfect. However it's still a great mento from one of TD's best gigs.


is it really?.....................I, as we all did, paid good money for this........."TD LIVE DVD" (it actually sounds in words better than it is)........shame, big-big shame! If it was a boot, then yes I would be happy (because that is the sound quality one would expect) - but this is supposed to be the OFFICIAL release with A1 sound..............so so amature, and so so peeved! And why is it not out on EASTGATE?? :evil: RANT OVER! :-)


yep, that's 'my' opinion...but I respect yours and if you feel ripped off, then that's how you feel.



I don't feel 'Ripped off' just very disapointed!............ra-ra-ra-ra!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:46 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Germany
Every Voiceprint CD/DVD is more or less a Bootleg.
I know of some artists, which had releases on Voiceprint, and never have seen a penny for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Hobo wrote:
It's still far better than I dared hope, after the initial horror stories.


After all the negative rumours and Voiceprint hanging us on,i for one am very glad ive got it :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
見るのによいDVD。 :wink:




ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
____________________________________________________________
Keep on Dreaming all life!
-Angela Aki-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
Laserdisc Dream wrote:
見るのによいDVD。 :wink:




ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
____________________________________________________________
Keep on Dreaming all life!
-Angela Aki-




'Although you see, good DVD.'





can we get back to posting in english, my translation android has had to go get a lube job....... :wink:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:28 pm
Posts: 2776
Location: Brixton, London
MRBLUE wrote:
I don't feel 'Ripped off' just very disapointed!............ra-ra-ra-ra!!!!


lol! Don't forget, this concert was thought lost forever thanks to the camera crews messing up. At least we have some sort of record of it.

As for Voiceprint / Eastgate - I would not expect this level of quality from Eastgate. Voiceprint however, could release me a DVD burnt onto Card and i would not be surprised. :wink:

_________________
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Got to agree that the three eastgate releases have been of a very good standard IMHO.........I do like the extra features very much,it just adds that little bit extra for the fans......... 8) :D

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:56 pm
Posts: 21
Location: WEST SUSSEX, UK
My point is thus - If you went to the local Music store and bought the No.1 DVD on sale at that time - took it home, lobbed it in the old player and........hang on.............wtf?................this is.......omg............the worst ever quality!!............huh.................why??..............it's a No1 CD!

I do agree with the 'if you don't like it don't buy it'............but hey, there is a limit!!!!!..........all totally IMHO of course! :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
I must admit the dvd quality is very poor especially when you compare it to Tempodrom or even the Poland footage i have

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
MRBLUE wrote:
My point is thus - If you went to the local Music store and bought the No.1 DVD on sale at that time - took it home, lobbed it in the old player and........hang on.............wtf?................this is.......omg............the worst ever quality!!............huh.................why??..............it's a No1 CD!

I do agree with the 'if you don't like it don't buy it'............but hey, there is a limit!!!!!..........all totally IMHO of course! :-)


I get your point, but this came perilously close to not being released at all. I'm glad a way was found to finally get this DVD to the fans and it's still a wonderful memento for those that were there.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Page 2 of 8 [ 114 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage