The Keep, Music Question

viz2889
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Keep, Music Question

Post by viz2889 »

As everyone should know TD done the music for The Keep.
I bought the cd because i wanted a certain song but it wasn't on.
Can anyone please tell me the name of this song and where i can get it from.

It's the introduction music to the keep, where the the jeeps are heading towards their location and then the german soldier lights his cigar, the song starts of quiet and then starts to get more louder aswell as having more sounds added to it.

If anyone could tell me the name of the song and where i could get it from, they'd be doing me a masive favour.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

How long is the track around Viz :?:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
viz2889

Post by viz2889 »

epsilon75 wrote:How long is the track around Viz :?:
My guess would be 2 mins, it's the very first song in The Keep, when the begining credits show up like "Directed by Micheal Man" etc

It starts with just a drum like rythm then more instruments get introduced.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Believe it or not this was filmed in Blaenau Ffestiniog and Llanberis in Gwynedd Wales :wink: :arrow: Im trying to find the film at the mo :roll:
viz2889

Post by viz2889 »

epsilon75 wrote:Believe it or not this was filmed in Blaenau Ffestiniog and Llanberis in Gwynedd Wales :wink: :arrow: Im trying to find the film at the mo :roll:
Weird place for it to get filmed at lol, i thought it really was at Romania ( i think thats where it was filmed).
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

viz2889 wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Believe it or not this was filmed in Blaenau Ffestiniog and Llanberis in Gwynedd Wales :wink: :arrow: Im trying to find the film at the mo :roll:
Weird place for it to get filmed at lol, i thought it really was at Romania ( i think thats where it was filmed).
I cant find the damn thing.............but im guessing on The Keep Theme being the opening track which appears on the Ultimate Edition 3CD box.....but i could be wrong :arrow:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Why oh Why don't TD just put this album out without the 20 quid price tag or a few hundred on e bay. I only have a poor cdr copy and although it's not my fave TD album I would like to own an original.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

sparrow wrote:Why oh Why don't TD just put this album out without the 20 quid price tag or a few hundred on e bay. I only have a poor cdr copy and although it's not my fave TD album I would like to own an original.
Amen, Sparrow! Come on, Edgar, you've got a bunch of guaranteed sales with this one.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
24db

Post by 24db »

rotwang wrote:
sparrow wrote:Why oh Why don't TD just put this album out without the 20 quid price tag or a few hundred on e bay. I only have a poor cdr copy and although it's not my fave TD album I would like to own an original.
Amen, Sparrow! Come on, Edgar, you've got a bunch of guaranteed sales with this one.
sadly the future of the Keep soundtrack was never 'all' in Edgar's hands.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Keep your eyes peeled for the extensions :wink: :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

:arrow:
Last edited by epsilon75 on Wed May 23, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Sorry for the multple posts :? dont know what happened there :oops:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:Keep your eyes peeled for the extensions :wink: :arrow:
Oh yes! :D :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

viz2889 wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:How long is the track around Viz :?:
My guess would be 2 mins, it's the very first song in The Keep, when the begining credits show up like "Directed by Micheal Man" etc

It starts with just a drum like rythm then more instruments get introduced.
it's long been rumoured that Michael Mann asked TD to do a cover of one of the tracks on Brian Enos' album 'My Life in the Bush of Ghosts', certainly there's some similarities between the two tracks (bass line and looped drums). Brian's track is called Mea Culpa:

http://www.last.fm/music/Brian+Eno/My+L ... +Of+Ghosts
harmonicaman

Post by harmonicaman »

The opening track from the movie "The Keep" is by Brian Eno,
not a cover of it by TD,
but a Brian Eno solo "demo" intended for the Brian Eno / David Byrne "My Life In the Bush Of Ghosts "album.

Parts of the track can be heard on the official 'Bush Of Ghosts' album itself entitled "Mea Culpa", the actual track exactly as it appears in the movie, and a completely different version from the official release of 'Bush Of Ghosts' , is featured on a bootleg album called "Ghosts", and is that albums title track, it is a demos and out-takes collection of tracks that essentially makes up an "alternate" version of the Eno/Byrne album .

and very good it is too.

Thats why its not on any official version of the soundtrack - its not a TD track in any way shape or form, and they don't play it