Detroit and Preston

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

I think most of these releases have been a complete balls up,and they dont come cheap either :roll: maybe TD would have been better off handling it by themselves :idea:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

I think you're right, Colin.
It would have been much better if TD had taken care of all the Bootmoon releases themselves - except I'm not sure they would come much cheaper if they did :cry:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bergen-dreamer wrote:I think you're right, Colin.
It would have been much better if TD had taken care of all the Bootmoon releases themselves - except I'm not sure they would come much cheaper if they did :cry:
I'm sure that the mastering would have been a lot better had Jerome done it. He did a bag on job with the Bootleg Boxes. However I'm not sure that I like the idea of Jerome spending ages trying to tart up the Bootmoon releases instead of working on the next TD release or his own solo CD. I feel certain that the Bootmoons would have been a lot better had their release been kept in-house.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

As you say JF did a grand job on the Bootleg Boxes :D and i for one would have liked more volumes of the BBs rather than the Bootmoon series 8) A much better standard and a very reasonable price to :arrow:
Tangram Fan

Post by Tangram Fan »

Hey all, I'm back!! I hope that I was not missed too terribly!! I used to post under the username: Opeth04, but was unable to come into this new forum with this info., so I reregistered with a more TD oriented ID!!. Anyway....

Tangram music on Detroit '77, probably not. Johannes Schmoelling had not joined the band until '80. Now, the Preston '80 may surely have some, but am not sure. :)
Everything is beautiful, once you open your eyes!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Tangram Fan wrote:Hey all, I'm back!! I hope that I was not missed too terribly!! I used to post under the username: Opeth04, but was unable to come into this new forum with this info., so I reregistered with a more TD oriented ID!!. Anyway....

Tangram music on Detroit '77, probably not. Johannes Schmoelling had not joined the band until '80. Now, the Preston '80 may surely have some, but am not sure. :)
Welcome back!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:As you say JF did a grand job on the Bootleg Boxes :D and i for one would have liked more volumes of the BBs rather than the Bootmoon series 8) A much better standard and a very reasonable price to :arrow:

Spot On Colin, the more the merrier

The Bootmoon releases have been absolutely sh*te
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
har

Post by har »

After careful research on here I took the plunge on a bootmoon and bought Preston.

Listened to it in the car on the way home and was completely underwhelmed by the quality :(

Played it on the main hi fi and its a bit better, doubt I will buy anymore of these, but still glad I got it.

Highlight for me is when Force Majeure kicks in, hairs on the back of the neck job 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

har wrote:After careful research on here I took the plunge on a bootmoon and bought Preston.

Listened to it in the car on the way home and was completely underwhelmed by the quality :(

Played it on the main hi fi and its a bit better, doubt I will buy anymore of these, but still glad I got it.

Highlight for me is when Force Majeure kicks in, hairs on the back of the neck job 8)
Har

If you have not purchased them go for the Brighton 86 and Cleveland 86 "Bootmoon's", these are soundboard recordings of superb quality :idea: :wink:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I wa one of the mugs who bought all the bootmoon's...I was taken in by the hype of a certain mail order company..Preston & Detroit ar OK but the first five were for the most part dire and had a lot of faults. They were very expensive too. I heard a long time ago there was Reims 74 coming out but it never did. I already have the boot of that one but if it does appear I would recommend it to those who don't have it.
har

Post by har »

epsilon75 wrote:
har wrote:After careful research on here I took the plunge on a bootmoon and bought Preston.

Har

If you have not purchased them go for the Brighton 86 and Cleveland 86 "Bootmoon's", these are soundboard recordings of superb quality :idea: :wink:

Thanks for that colin :D

Will keep an eye out for those :wink: