Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
prophetfive wrote:
:D :D Whoa! Didn't see that bit. Well let's wait and see what they make of TD live circa 2005. :D :D :wink:


I'll review it now, picture...moan, sound...moan...music...moan, Iris's teeth...moan, M-word...moan ;) :) I'm kidding of course, obviously everyone has their own opinion (and all views are valid), however the SBE DVD is far from flawless, however 'for me' it was better than I was expecting (to tell the truth I didn't think they'd ever be able to do a full length DVD).

It's just a shame that more vintage footage doesn't exist


Yep, I'm grateful we got it at all. There will always be those that aren't happy though.


I agree mate, but if you're paying £24.99 and don't regularly visit here or Tadream etc etc I guess you might be expecting far more (as was the case with the Coventry DVD). I mean obviously some people will moan about everything, if they found a gold bar on the way to the pub they'd complain it didn't come with a carrier bag ;) But...money is money and fans spend far too much as it is (sometimes) so I don't want to say they're moaning about nothing, far from it.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:40 pm
Posts: 1539
Location: Madagasmala
:D :D I appreciate where you're coming from,mate. I watched it (again) today, and, it's obvoius that there are problems with the sound, and, (therefore), it never made it onto the Eastgate label. But, to a TD fan, it's priceless. 'Cause they've only recently given us access to good concert footage, (long may it continue). Not 100%, but, appreciated nontheless. :D :D :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
prophetfive wrote:
:D :D Whoa! Didn't see that bit. Well let's wait and see what they make of TD live circa 2005. :D :D :wink:


I'll review it now, picture...moan, sound...moan...music...moan, Iris's teeth...moan, M-word...moan ;) :) I'm kidding of course, obviously everyone has their own opinion (and all views are valid), however the SBE DVD is far from flawless, however 'for me' it was better than I was expecting (to tell the truth I didn't think they'd ever be able to do a full length DVD).

It's just a shame that more vintage footage doesn't exist


Yep, I'm grateful we got it at all. There will always be those that aren't happy though.


I agree mate, but if you're paying £24.99 and don't regularly visit here or Tadream etc etc I guess you might be expecting far more (as was the case with the Coventry DVD). I mean obviously some people will moan about everything, if they found a gold bar on the way to the pub they'd complain it didn't come with a carrier bag ;) But...money is money and fans spend far too much as it is (sometimes) so I don't want to say they're moaning about nothing, far from it.


There's no denying the Coventry Cathedral and SBE DVD's are overpriced, but I suspect most TD fans visit at least one of the forums, as they are virtually the only places to get TD info these days. For those that don't frequent the forums, I'd suggest some research before parting with their money.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
prophetfive wrote:
:D :D I appreciate where you're coming from,mate. I watched it (again) today, and, it's obvoius that there are problems with the sound, and, (therefore), it never made it onto the Eastgate label. But, to a TD fan, it's priceless. 'Cause they've only recently given us access to good concert footage, (long may it continue). Not 100%, but, appreciated nontheless. :D :D :wink:


You won't hear too many complaints from me, 'overall' I thought it was nice little package (not up to Eastgate's standard as you say), albeit farcially advertised and run by Voiceprint

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
24db wrote:
prophetfive wrote:
:D :D I appreciate where you're coming from,mate. I watched it (again) today, and, it's obvoius that there are problems with the sound, and, (therefore), it never made it onto the Eastgate label. But, to a TD fan, it's priceless. 'Cause they've only recently given us access to good concert footage, (long may it continue). Not 100%, but, appreciated nontheless. :D :D :wink:


You won't hear too many complaints from me, 'overall' I thought it was nice little package (not up to Eastgate's standard as you say), albeit farcially advertised and run by Voiceprint


I hope that particular relationship has been dissolved. The Eastgate releases show what can be done.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:
prophetfive wrote:
:D :D I appreciate where you're coming from,mate. I watched it (again) today, and, it's obvoius that there are problems with the sound, and, (therefore), it never made it onto the Eastgate label. But, to a TD fan, it's priceless. 'Cause they've only recently given us access to good concert footage, (long may it continue). Not 100%, but, appreciated nontheless. :D :D :wink:


You won't hear too many complaints from me, 'overall' I thought it was nice little package (not up to Eastgate's standard as you say), albeit farcially advertised and run by Voiceprint


I hope that particular relationship has been dissolved. The Eastgate releases show what can be done.


Totally agree, eastgate seems to be run miles better than Voiceprint (although you'd have to factor in the german postal system into that), but as far as product is concerned Eastgate's stuff is very well produced, concidering how quickly they've released some of the DVDs (I'll gloss over the very long delay with Inferno: great DVD though)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Last edited by 24db on Tue May 29, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:40 pm
Posts: 1539
Location: Madagasmala
:D :D I suspect lessons have been learnt from the problems with SBE 2005. :D :D :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
prophetfive wrote:
:D :D I suspect lessons have been learnt from the problems with SBE 2005. :D :D :wink:


lets hope so, I'm sure there's a fairly big demand for the DVD.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
bigmoog wrote:
IM grateful, after all I vigiled a vigil, that drove me right round the bend


I spent several months in a Broadmooresque clan :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
epsilon75 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
IM grateful, after all I vigiled a vigil, that drove me right round the bend


I spent several months in a Broadmooresque clan :arrow:



:o


butter, i am alright now


wibble :shock:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage