Promoting MFD?

Pertou
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Promoting MFD?

Post by Pertou »

Einstein's Barber, please enlighten me here:

I have the Madcap's flaming PROMO and was surprised, when I read this on the label of the disc:
All rights reserved, but please feel free to copy this this promotional CD and give to your music loving friends or feel free to broadcast this recording

Can I do a website, where I isolate the music from that disc (madcap's flaming promo), as mp3's along with my review... I really would love to see this album reach a wider audience, so maybe my dedicatedness would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jacob.
24db

Post by 24db »

I probably shouldn't point this out..but I've had the mp3 up on my website (and blog profile) for ages (Voiceprint are hosting it)
timer

Post by timer »

With the amount of personal website's that the TD Barmy Army have between them TD should really consider this as an honoury gesture, which would give them greater promotion of themselves than they currently get.
I for one would be privaliged to promote TD though my personal Web page.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I take that as a 'no'.
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Re: Promoting MFD?

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Pertou wrote:Einstein's Barber, please enlighten me here:

I have the Madcap's flaming PROMO and was surprised, when I read this on the label of the disc:
All rights reserved, but please feel free to copy this this promotional CD and give to your music loving friends or feel free to broadcast this recording

Can I do a website, where I isolate the music from that disc (madcap's flaming promo), as mp3's along with my review... I really would love to see this album reach a wider audience, so maybe my dedicatedness would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jacob.
Hi Pertou,

Thanks for your inquiry.
You are allowed to promote the cd as a whole or, if you use isolated songs (not for download but as audio samples), please shorten them. Although VP stated on the cd that you should feel free to copy this, we like to hint on the fact, that TD are the (only) copyright owners! All rights are still reserved. VP's "philosophy" seldom corresponds with ours...sorry.

Best regards,
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
Pertou

Re: Promoting MFD?

Post by Pertou »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote: Although VP stated on the cd that you should feel free to copy this, we like to hint on the fact, that TD are the (only) copyright owners! All rights are still reserved. VP's "philosophy" seldom corresponds with ours.
I'm glad that I asked, then! Thanks for the reply!
I'll put the website idea on the shelf.
Cheers, Eastgate. :D 8)