Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
epsilon75 wrote:
Tangram

I have to agree with you on the Keller/fanger & Schonwalder recommendations.........it really is EM of the highest quality IMHO 8)


I like the Analogue Overdose releases. :D

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:08 pm 
24db wrote:
Global Communication-76 14


Of course the best album EVER. Also REMOTION BY Global Communication is worth a listen. forgot how great that album was as well. I would also suggest Biosphere - Shenzhou, did not like it at first but after a couple more lsitens its fantastic. great soundscapes.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:13 pm 
epsilon75 wrote:
Most of John Serrie releases would be ideal and its wonderful listening 8)


well except epiphany - meditation on sacred hyms. still I guess it keeps the christians happy. found amazing grace very cringy to hear in this form(hate that song anyway)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
Global Communication-76 14


Of course the best album EVER. Also REMOTION BY Global Communication is worth a listen. forgot how great that album was as well. I would also suggest Biosphere - Shenzhou, did not like it at first but after a couple more lsitens its fantastic. great soundscapes.


pentamos is a very good CD as well

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:50 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Springtime on my ATV-deepwoods
Most of these should do the trick...

http://www.spottedpeccary.com/releases.php

:)

_________________
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:11 am 
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
Global Communication-76 14

.


pentamos is a very good CD as well




I was speaking to a guy on the global communication website and he was saying the three Global Communication albums are like the first three starwars movies to most Global Fans all classics but pentamos being Empire. (Empire is seen by most StarWars nuts as the best)

I quite like looking at it in that way but I think 76:14 would have to be my empire.

Incidently the guys from Global(Mark Pritchard and Tom Middleton) have done quite a bit of solo work which I was unaware of, I have listened to a few tracks from Tom`s MySpace site and I think it is definitely worth exploring a bit more.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:50 pm
Posts: 547
Location: Louisiana, USA
What about Tomita? I rather like some of his classical adaptations, particularly Firebird and Pictures at an Exhibition.

_________________
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:42 pm 
HYPERBOREA, I really recommend Flammende Herzen and Katzenmusik by Michael Rother!!!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
RemoteViewing81 wrote:
Most of these should do the trick...

http://www.spottedpeccary.com/releases.php

:)



Craig Padilla has released some fantastic music :arrow: very much worth a listen 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
Global Communication-76 14

.


pentamos is a very good CD as well




I was speaking to a guy on the global communication website and he was saying the three Global Communication albums are like the first three starwars movies to most Global Fans all classics but pentamos being Empire. (Empire is seen by most StarWars nuts as the best)

I quite like looking at it in that way but I think 76:14 would have to be my empire.

Incidently the guys from Global(Mark Pritchard and Tom Middleton) have done quite a bit of solo work which I was unaware of, I have listened to a few tracks from Tom`s MySpace site and I think it is definitely worth exploring a bit more.


I own most of their other stuff...not as good as GC IMHO

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage