DM 2.1

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: DM 2.1

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
ant wrote::? Is anyone going to actually buy this for 17euros plus p&p? I thought there was going to be two new tracks but it is in fact one new track plus a longer version of Pixel Pirates and a red cd label (Initial copies only) and a few notes by Jerome and a new version of the cover art. Is it worth it? What is the point? If all tracks had been re-done I could understand it. Would have been much better if Jerome just put all the previously unreleased tracks onto one new album and left the Dream Mix albums as they were - IMHO. It's like when companies bring out a bare-bones DVD and then release it again six months later as a two-disc SE. It's a way of getting peoples money twice and I'm getting a little bit tired of it. I expect better treatment from TD and Jerome for their fans - we are not made of money you know!! :(

Well everyone to their own i think,the collector will buy it but JF could have added something more to this release IMHO :arrow:
I was hoping he would do more with this release. A remix of the Dream Mixes would have been cool.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: Full (and honest) review when it turns up mate

I look forward to it :arrow:
that reminds me I should do a few words on Johannes's latest CD...mind you that doesn't really need anything saying about it.
Haven't got my copy yet. Very keen to hear this.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
I look forward to it :arrow:
that reminds me I should do a few words on Johannes's latest CD...mind you that doesn't really need anything saying about it.
IMHO it's an excellent double disc compilation
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Another one on the list!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:Another one on the list!
should be in your top 5 mate
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: that reminds me I should do a few words on Johannes's latest CD...mind you that doesn't really need anything saying about it.
...forgive me if this has already been asked elsewhere (lots of catching up to do!) - but is there much new material on this compilation? If so, how good?
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

My take on DM 2.1 is that I don't like it enough to justify buying a near nearly as good copy, but if the new material is mind-blowingly good, my arm may be twisted.

It's still good that JF is keeping the album live for new recruits though.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Haven't got my copy yet. Very keen to hear this.
...forgive me if this has already been asked elsewhere (lots of catching up to do!) - but is there much new material on this compilation? If so, how good?
I think it very much depends on what you have in your collection mate, if you already have the two tracks from E-dition magazine's, the Horizon TD tribute or the original releases of Johannes's discs then perhaps there's not much new at all. But...it's still worth getting though (my only gripe is the artwork)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Horizon :shock: by JS? wauw!
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Re: DM 2.1

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

ant wrote::? Is anyone going to actually buy this for 17euros plus p&p? I thought there was going to be two new tracks but it is in fact one new track plus a longer version of Pixel Pirates and a red cd label (Initial copies only) and a few notes by Jerome and a new version of the cover art. Is it worth it? What is the point? If all tracks had been re-done I could understand it. Would have been much better if Jerome just put all the previously unreleased tracks onto one new album and left the Dream Mix albums as they were - IMHO. It's like when companies bring out a bare-bones DVD and then release it again six months later as a two-disc SE. It's a way of getting peoples money twice and I'm getting a little bit tired of it. I expect better treatment from TD and Jerome for their fans - we are not made of money you know!! :(
Hello Ant,

Just a short clear note :

NONE of the products on Jerome Froese's Moonpop site are or will be available through Eastgate...!

Regards,
EINSTEIN'S BARBER (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:Horizon :shock: by JS? wauw!
eh? no mate...sorry I should have said from the Infinite Horizons Compilation:

Here's a complete breakdown of the tracks (Please forgive me that this is in the Jerome thread...I'll repost it on the correct one in a minute):

Zeit 6.36 [from WUIVEND RIET 1986]
Matjora Is Still Alive 4.51 [from WUIVEND RIET 1986]
Wuivend Riet Part II 12.32 [from WUIVEND RIET 1986]
The Anteater 2.55 [from THE ZOO OF TRANQUILLITY 1988]
The Woodpecker 5.09 [from THE ZOO OF TRANQUILLITY 1988]
Icewalk 6.07 [from WHITE OUT 1990]
A Great Continent 8.19 [from WHITE OUT 1990]
Galago 6.35 [from Various Artists CD ELECTRONISCHE MUZIEK 1994]
Skandalon 5.04 [previously unreleased, recorded in the early 90s]
Lamentation of an Ancient Tree 8.06 [from Various Artists CD INFINITE HORIZONS 1998]
Spinning Wheel 5.50 [from LIEDER OHNE WORTE - SONGS NO WORDS 1995]
Funeral March 6.07 [from LIEDER OHNE WORTE - SONGS NO WORDS 1995]
The Rise of the Smooth Automaton 5.08 [from THE ZOO OF TRANQUILLITY 1998]
The Wedding Cake 4.45 [from THE ZOO OF TRANQUILLITY 1998]
Rain Echoes 6.36 [from WHITE OUT 2000]
A Long Way Home 5.42 [from WHITE OUT 2000]
Spacenight Runner 7.46 [from various Artists CD MUSIC FOR THE 3rd MILLENNIUM VOL. 3, 2001]
Italian Scratches 7.41 [from RECYCLE OR DIE 2003]
Recycle Or Die 5.37 [from RECYCLE OR DIE 2003]
Passing By 9.23 [from INSTANT CITY 2006]
Joyful Solitude 8.49 [from INSTANT CITY 2006]
You and Me 7.21 [from various Artists CD E-DITION # 13, 2006]
Friends 5.13 [from various Artists CD E-DITION # 6, 2005] (2-CD: Viktoriapark VP 18 063)
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

24db wrote: that reminds me I should do a few words on Johannes's latest CD...mind you that doesn't really need anything saying about it.
I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on this one 24db.

I've sort of requested it for my Birthday in a few weeks....and she's said okay, so long as i direct her to the JS website to order it..... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
24db

Post by 24db »

Schulze wrote:
I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on this one 24db.

I've sort of requested it for my Birthday in a few weeks....and she's said okay, so long as i direct her to the JS website to order it..... :wink:
NP Graham, although I don't think I have to say much about all the old stuff...that sells itself
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

24db wrote:
NP Graham, although I don't think I have to say much about all the old stuff...that sells itself
I've actually only got 1 Johannes Schmoelling album in my collection - "Wuivend Riet" :oops:

So this is really all I've heard, so as someone just starting to explore the mans solo work I reckon the "Images and Memory" is perhaps a good place to start.
Be at one with the sequencing.....
24db

Post by 24db »

Schulze wrote:
24db wrote:
I've actually only got 1 Johannes Schmoelling album in my collection - "Wuivend Riet" :oops:

So this is really all I've heard, so as someone just starting to explore the mans solo work I reckon the "Images and Memory" is perhaps a good place to start.
WOW...yeah, it'll blow you away mate...it's got all the best bits from his other albums, together with all the 'rare' stuff. You won't find a better introduction to his stuff....and it has my all time favourite from White Out...A Big Continent...the best synth solo ever!!! IMHO