DM 2.1

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

DM 2.1

Post by ant »

:? Is anyone going to actually buy this for 17euros plus p&p? I thought there was going to be two new tracks but it is in fact one new track plus a longer version of Pixel Pirates and a red cd label (Initial copies only) and a few notes by Jerome and a new version of the cover art. Is it worth it? What is the point? If all tracks had been re-done I could understand it. Would have been much better if Jerome just put all the previously unreleased tracks onto one new album and left the Dream Mix albums as they were - IMHO. It's like when companies bring out a bare-bones DVD and then release it again six months later as a two-disc SE. It's a way of getting peoples money twice and I'm getting a little bit tired of it. I expect better treatment from TD and Jerome for their fans - we are not made of money you know!! :(
Biggus Dickus
epsilon75

Re: DM 2.1

Post by epsilon75 »

ant wrote::? Is anyone going to actually buy this for 17euros plus p&p? I thought there was going to be two new tracks but it is in fact one new track plus a longer version of Pixel Pirates and a red cd label (Initial copies only) and a few notes by Jerome and a new version of the cover art. Is it worth it? What is the point? If all tracks had been re-done I could understand it. Would have been much better if Jerome just put all the previously unreleased tracks onto one new album and left the Dream Mix albums as they were - IMHO. It's like when companies bring out a bare-bones DVD and then release it again six months later as a two-disc SE. It's a way of getting peoples money twice and I'm getting a little bit tired of it. I expect better treatment from TD and Jerome for their fans - we are not made of money you know!! :(

Well everyone to their own i think,the collector will buy it but JF could have added something more to this release IMHO :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Re: DM 2.1

Post by 24db »

ant wrote::? Is anyone going to actually buy this for 17euros plus p&p? I thought there was going to be two new tracks but it is in fact one new track plus a longer version of Pixel Pirates and a red cd label (Initial copies only) and a few notes by Jerome and a new version of the cover art. Is it worth it? What is the point? If all tracks had been re-done I could understand it. Would have been much better if Jerome just put all the previously unreleased tracks onto one new album and left the Dream Mix albums as they were - IMHO. It's like when companies bring out a bare-bones DVD and then release it again six months later as a two-disc SE. It's a way of getting peoples money twice and I'm getting a little bit tired of it. I expect better treatment from TD and Jerome for their fans - we are not made of money you know!! :(
well the short answer is yes....but I'll let you know what I think of it when it turns up. If the two tracks are just fillers then chances are it won't have been worth the effort...or the money
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I will BUY it if im happy what others say,im a BIG fan of the DM series but for one new track im holding horses for a while............no doubt something will make me buy it :arrow:
ant

Post by ant »

:( I would certainly have bought it again if it had been radically different but just adding one new track and changing the cover is, frankly, just not enough. The new track might be awful!! It might be fantastic, in which case I will wait until I can get it cheaper. It is ok for those that did not buy it originally but to fork out, with p&p, probably around £14 for one new track is not something I am going to do anymore. If more people stopped buying these sorts of releases then this particular kind of practice may end - I hope. :(
Last edited by ant on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biggus Dickus
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:I will BUY it if im happy what others say,im a BIG fan of the DM series but for one new track im holding horses for a while............no doubt something will make me buy it :arrow:
Full (and honest) review when it turns up mate
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:I will BUY it if im happy what others say,im a BIG fan of the DM series but for one new track im holding horses for a while............no doubt something will make me buy it :arrow:

I look forward to it :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:

I look forward to it :arrow:
that reminds me I should do a few words on Johannes's latest CD...mind you that doesn't really need anything saying about it.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

BM vigils DM 2.1 :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

It's not for me. I'm not overly fond of the DM series and won't pay good money for the meagre extras on this disc. If Jerome's releases continue in this vein, I suspect he will not be making many sales.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:It's not for me. I'm not overly fond of the DM series and won't pay good money for the meagre extras on this disc. If Jerome's releases continue in this vein, I suspect he will not be making many sales.
Got to agree about not selling many copies. But I'll pass judgement on the whole disc until I actually hear it
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:It's not for me. I'm not overly fond of the DM series and won't pay good money for the meagre extras on this disc. If Jerome's releases continue in this vein, I suspect he will not be making many sales.
Got to agree about not selling many copies. But I'll pass judgement on the whole disc until I actually hear it
Only one track to pass Judgement on and an extended other :arrow: Could have made this a double with more un-released extras :idea:
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Only one track to pass Judgement on and an extended other :arrow: Could have made this a double with more un-released extras :idea:
got to agree...odd choice as an album to kick off your new store as well
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote: Got to agree about not selling many copies. But I'll pass judgement on the whole disc until I actually hear it
got to agree...odd choice as an album to kick off your new store as well
Makes you wonder who's in charge of marketing.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

If every track had been remixed I would have been interested and might have bought it.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”