Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Beaubourg wrote:
Is the unreleased track, Paranormal Skills, credited to just Jerome or Jerome/Edgar?

And is it any good? (Is it Dream Mixy?)

Thanks.


The booklet read
Tracks 01-09 originally composed arranged and performed by Jerome Froese in 1994-1997 except track 10 which has been recorded in 2006........

Track 10 is obviously Paranormal Skills,and it certainly has a Dream mixes feel to it,rather pleasent on the ears to 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 498
24db wrote:
most, if not every DM disc was by Jerome, therefore it can only be Jerome :)

Very talented guy, but I'm dying of boredom waiting for his new album and the answers to the questions he promissed :)

I have to say the only time I felt like the DM series was ALL Jerome was with DM4 (way too much percussion, IMHO - DM3's my fave).

Thanks to all for the info. Think I'll have to pick this one up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Beaubourg wrote:
24db wrote:
most, if not every DM disc was by Jerome, therefore it can only be Jerome :)

Very talented guy, but I'm dying of boredom waiting for his new album and the answers to the questions he promissed :)

I have to say the only time I felt like the DM series was ALL Jerome was with DM4 (way too much percussion, IMHO - DM3's my fave).

Thanks to all for the info. Think I'll have to pick this one up.


that's not Jerome's opinion I think. For me DM4 is the best of the series...and the real start of Jerome's solo career perhaps?

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:19 pm 
Beaubourg wrote:
I have to say the only time I felt like the DM series was ALL Jerome was with DM4 (way too much percussion, IMHO - DM3's my fave).

Thanks to all for the info. Think I'll have to pick this one up.


Blue Spears is a track by EF, iirc.

DM3, what a stunning album!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
24db wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:
24db wrote:
most, if not every DM disc was by Jerome, therefore it can only be Jerome :)

Very talented guy, but I'm dying of boredom waiting for his new album and the answers to the questions he promissed :)

I have to say the only time I felt like the DM series was ALL Jerome was with DM4 (way too much percussion, IMHO - DM3's my fave).

Thanks to all for the info. Think I'll have to pick this one up.


that's not Jerome's opinion I think. For me DM4 is the best of the series...and the real start of Jerome's solo career perhaps?



I agree totally DM 4 is also my favorite in the series 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
I decided to cancelled for DM 2.1 CD I Spent my own money for some thing else sorry guy’s I let you down.
Better Luck next time.


:arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
_____________________________________________________________
Keep on Dreaming all life!
-Angela Aki-
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 1638
Location: Somerset
Pertou wrote:

DM3, what a stunning album!


Oh yes, DM3 is the best. :D 8)

_________________
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:44 am
Posts: 396
Location: köln, cologne
is it authorized by edgar??? ........ if not it´s not tangerine dream imo.

_________________
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
krismopompas wrote:
is it authorized by edgar??? ........ if not it´s not tangerine dream imo.


It is more a JF album. As far as I know EF had no part in th composition of the DM 1.2 tracks or the originals on DM 1 & 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:22 am
Posts: 3093
Location: THE QUANTUM YEARS
Note: I’m not looking forward for DM2.1. :roll:




ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
_____________________________________________________________
Keep on Dreaming all life!
-Angela Aki-
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
But its already released mate :?

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:44 am
Posts: 396
Location: köln, cologne
it´s like karl bartos plays kraftwerk........ at the end it isn´t kw.

_________________
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
Laserdisc Dream wrote:
I decided to cancelled for DM 2.1 CD I Spent my own money for some thing else sorry guy’s I let you down.
Better Luck next time.


:arrow:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
_____________________________________________________________
Keep on Dreaming all life!
-Angela Aki-
Image



We are all crushed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
Laserdisc Dream wrote:
Note: I’m not looking forward for DM2.1. :roll:




ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
_____________________________________________________________
Keep on Dreaming all life!
-Angela Aki-
Image


Ok, point noted. I wrote it down on a post it note on my desk.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
I think this CD is pretty well put together, and the masterinf job JF has done is top notch as usual.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10 [ 150 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage