Force Majeure...still unstoppable

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

FM is a deeply deeply satisfying album, full of titanic ideas and measured dynamics, indeed I now realise that the Title track is one ideal, potent pointer to the real reason I am a fan of TD: imagination, music for the mind
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:FM is a deeply deeply satisfying album, full of titanic ideas and measured dynamics, indeed I now realise that the Title track is one ideal, potent pointer to the real reason I am a fan of TD: imagination, music for the mind
And music for the soul :arrow: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
hansx

Post by hansx »

bigmoog wrote:I would never shoot the messenger who brings such great messages :arrow:

FM is one of my favourite TD albums, amongst my other favourite TD albums

which is why MG are going to do force mah jong............
I agree, after all these years FM is still one of the best cd's in this category and certainly one of the best of TD. I like it a lot.
hansx

Post by hansx »

last week I had a chat with a friend of me about a pirate programm on radio in the late 70's I guess. This programm only played electronical music and had Force Majeur as titletune. So every week I heard that tune. Every time I hear that music i have to think about that programm.
Played the cd this week again and still loved it.
har

Post by har »

Force Majeure.

Absolute Classic Album in the history of Classic Albums ever :!:

This was the one for me, and initiated my Tangerine Dream listening career.

26 years of frequent listening for me now :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Force Majeure is TD's most accesible album ...I know a few non TD fans who like this record.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

sparrow wrote:Force Majeure is TD's most accesible album ...I know a few non TD fans who like this record.
The reason why it's the most accesible, is because is THE BEST album ever recorded in history.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Pertou wrote:
sparrow wrote:Force Majeure is TD's most accesible album ...I know a few non TD fans who like this record.
The reason why it's the most accesible, is because is THE BEST album ever recorded in history.

possibly, I agree, if it wasnt for [ enter the true best here ]
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

*%&%£$* :arrow:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

FM is of course a beautifully complete TD album (as are many, many others), for me, BM, Cloudburst Flight is such a wonderful piece of music, that it is a true Classic, I loved it in 79, and adore it now...mostly its in my mind...as when I do listen to it now....its too familiar..........
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

It is interesting that the American Standard Dictionary defines a "force majeure" as "a superior or overpowering force." Sounds like a definition for the TD album as well, don't you think?

FM is one of TD's very best releases, IMHO. (I won't go so far as to call it the best because my opinion changes depending upon my mood.) The final "movement" of the title track is one of the most sublime musical passages TD has ever composed/played. Cloudburst Flight's gradual crescendo and abrupt plunge to a contemplative, flute-like melody still sends chills up and down the spine. And Thru Metamorphic Rocks is a thrilling electronic whirlwind.

How can one not like the album? :D
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
redziller

Post by redziller »

Had this on the tube yesteday, but had to skip CBF as it wouldn't have got the required attention over the "the next station...blah-de-blah ".

We've said it before here but CBF live? Purlease huh? huh? can we? huh?
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

redziller wrote:Had this on the tube yesteday, but had to skip CBF as it wouldn't have got the required attention over the "the next station...blah-de-blah ".

We've waited a long, long time to hear this live. The 40th anniversary celebrations, would be the ideal opportunity.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
redziller wrote:Had this on the tube yesteday, but had to skip CBF as it wouldn't have got the required attention over the "the next station...blah-de-blah ".

We've waited a long, long time to hear this live. The 40th anniversary celebrations, would be the ideal opportunity.
Would be difficult to achieve since it used a half-speed guitar for the solo but I wouldn't mind hearing Bernhard have a go at it.