Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
I enjoy the nice textured cover on the original Vinyl release (clear vinyl) :D


very nice....although I like the rear cover most


Remind me not to bend down in Cardiff :arrow:


er I don't think that's a good idea anyway mate...btw hope the back isn't too bad today Colin

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Its not to bad Andy,i take two very strong painkillers four times a day and they do help the pain factor,i also take a tablet to help me sleep so can be pretty off it sometimes :oops: Ive got no choice in it,i got to take the damn things and cant go mad on the grog :cry: :( :wink:

At least i can get around,but i wish i could tie my bloody shoelaces :evil: :x

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
epsilon75 wrote:
Its not to bad Andy,i take two very strong painkillers four times a day and they do help the pain factor,i also take a tablet to help me sleep so can be pretty off it sometimes :oops: Ive got no choice in it,i got to take the damn things and cant go mad on the grog :cry: :( :wink:

At least i can get around,but i wish i could tie my bloody shoelaces :evil: :x


I hope things improve soon Colin. I'm currently on 4000mg of Paracetamol and 2400mg of Ibuprofen a day. Unfortunately, with a new baby, painkillers with a sedative effect, are not an option.

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Its not to bad Andy,i take two very strong painkillers four times a day and they do help the pain factor,i also take a tablet to help me sleep so can be pretty off it sometimes :oops: Ive got no choice in it,i got to take the damn things and cant go mad on the grog :cry: :( :wink:

At least i can get around,but i wish i could tie my bloody shoelaces :evil: :x


I hope things improve soon Colin. I'm currently on 4000mg of Paracetamol and 2400mg of Ibuprofen a day. Unfortunately, with a new baby, painkillers with a sedative effect, are not an option.


Im taking 4000 MG of Tramadol a day and 40mg of amitriptaline at night..i hate taking them but got no choice......we are just a pair of wornout geriatrics Mick :cry: I have now been told that although on the urgent list could be waiting another 8 months for a consultation with a different Surgeon........NHS is a shambles,and they have skinned me of 27 years NI contributions :evil: :x :evil: :x Im thinking of leaving the UK and re-entering as an illegal immigrant,then i get free accomadation and my operation :evil: :x :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
The NHS fools are now suggesting I have acupucture to deal with my damaged discs. Did these people go to med. school?

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
Mick, Colin, this is unbelievable, truly shocking, and this is supposed to be a civilised country....... :evil:



hope you both get it sorted ASAP :arrow:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Hobo wrote:
The NHS fools are now suggesting I have acupucture to deal with my damaged discs. Did these people go to med. school?


Complete and utter disgrace Mick..........Blair and his bigots have destroyed this country through needless wars,taxes and greed.........im effing mad about the situation :arrow:

If you are a foreign subject you can get anything in the UK,if you have worked all your life and suddenly you become unable to work you are treated like an animal.............Blair and his croonies are nothing but bums

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
The NHS fools are now suggesting I have acupucture to deal with my damaged discs. Did these people go to med. school?


Complete and utter disgrace Mick..........Blair and his bigots have destroyed this country through needless wars,taxes and greed.........im effing mad about the situation :arrow:

If you are a foreign subject you can get anything in the UK,if you have worked all your life and suddenly you become unable to work you are treated like an animal.............Blair and his croonies are nothing but bums


I agree with you Colin, Blair should have gone a long time ago. I'm worse off now than ever before and can't get the healthcare I need. I'm off to the quacks on an unrelated matter later on. Minor surgery is required and I'm told there is a 3-6 month wait, unless I pay £210 and then I can have it done tomorrow!

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:28 pm
Posts: 2776
Location: Brixton, London
This is all a very depressingly familiar situation.... my Dad's just had to go back in for X-rays - four years after his knee operation he is still not okay...

I hope things improve soon Mick and Colin.

_________________
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
epsilon75 wrote:
Im taking 4000 MG of Tramadol a day and 40mg of amitriptaline at night


I had to stop taking Tramadol Colin as they were spacing me out and I refused amitriptaline because of the sedative effect. It's also an anti-depressant and I'd like to avoid it unless absolutely necessary. I think your condition is more advanced than mine, so you probably need them in order to get a good night's sleep. There's no easy answer, is there!

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Im taking 4000 MG of Tramadol a day and 40mg of amitriptaline at night


I had to stop taking Tramadol Colin as they were spacing me out and I refused amitriptaline because of the sedative effect. It's also an anti-depressant and I'd like to avoid it unless absolutely necessary. I think your condition is more advanced than mine, so you probably need them in order to get a good night's sleep. There's no easy answer, is there!


You are damn right there Mick,thats why i can have very little to drink now.....If i dont take the Amitriptaline i just wont sleep,and the painkillers bind you up something awful :oops: But hey,we can walk talk and see,so we got to keep the chin up :wink:
I detest Blair and his croonies tho :evil: :arrow: :lol:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:13 pm
Posts: 869
Location: Twiddling with a HiFi system somewhere
Can Dr Dave recommend a lovely dose of TD to ease the pain a little bit?

I sincerely hope you all feel better soon 8)

One final (?) moan - there's a shortage of shipping office people here I'm told and there are a number of employment agencies advertising lots of posts. All of them need experience. So, how do you get experience? You get a job in a shipping office, but you can't without experience and so it goes on.

Colin, I don't know how long you'll be laid up for, but when you're mobile have you ever thought of helping kids at school? You may think it's a ladies' job, but the LSA's I've been invigilating with say they need more men to help the lads in lessons...

Sorry to stick my beak in - now, back to one of the best TD albums ever...!! Glad that Klaus Kreiger was used better on this one - he was a lot more than "just" a time-keeper like he was on Cyclone...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
No problem Dave,im always up for ideas and good advice mate :wink: Once i see this surgeon,i will probably know exactly where i stand employment wise :arrow: but it could take quite a while yet :roll:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:14 pm
Posts: 3977
Location: At The Border Of The Marsh
epsilon75 wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Im taking 4000 MG of Tramadol a day and 40mg of amitriptaline at night


I had to stop taking Tramadol Colin as they were spacing me out and I refused amitriptaline because of the sedative effect. It's also an anti-depressant and I'd like to avoid it unless absolutely necessary. I think your condition is more advanced than mine, so you probably need them in order to get a good night's sleep. There's no easy answer, is there!


You are damn right there Mick,thats why i can have very little to drink now.....If i dont take the Amitriptaline i just wont sleep,and the painkillers bind you up something awful :oops: But hey,we can walk talk and see,so we got to keep the chin up :wink:
I detest Blair and his croonies tho :evil: :arrow: :lol:


You're right, things could be a lot worse, but it is bloody frustrating! Back to topic...

_________________
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:25 pm 
24db wrote:
exit81 wrote:
I played 'FM' last week, after thinking it could well be TD's 'Dark Side Of The Moon'. It's always been an odd album for me, in terms of its sound and where it fits in with TD's ever-changing style in that period. Parts are like Cyclone without the lyrics, parts are as dark as Sorcerer, parts (like Thru Metamorphic Rocks) see TD experimenting with rhythms and sequencers like never before. I'd have loved to have seen them taking these ideas further before embarking on the cleaner-sounding (but equally as brilliant) Tangram.


I've always seen it as TD's Art-Rock album mate. Overall I still think it's a brilliant album, showcasing what was for the time new and exciting effects like the Harmonizer (all over the title track). But...(for me) TMR is still too long


The good thing about TMR, is that whenever the 'faulty part' sets in, you can fade out anytime, without killing the track, it's completely up to you, when to stop.

The TD Radio mentions a track called 'Metamorphic Rock' but instead plays Igneous, I wonder why they used a "bananarama" track... eventual controversies with CF, if they used TMR?


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Page 3 of 8 [ 114 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage